Also have the possibility to meet and witness the Famed Artist Francisco Grippa’s home! Most of his work is actually exhibited in Iquitos at the Amazon Art Gallery, but others are on display in his home/gallery. The surrounding flood forest is home to hundreds of caimans and significant birdlife, including several types of parrots, eagles and kingfishers. This region is also for butterfly watching, the study of orchids and bromeliads in bloom and for its fishing – piranha being one of the easiest kinds to catch.
SeaDream will be anchoring once again at Apayaco and lowering the marina to offer more zodiac expeditions with the local experts. The yacht is equiped with five zodiacs and they will be discovering the beauty and uniqueness of this great area. Have your cameras ready and enjoy the exploration!
Leticia has plenty to do with blocks of shopping, plenty of local souvenirs to buy, a small museum, and your crew will use a good local bar as your base. Visitors can enjoy the attractions nearby the city like Mundo Amazonico Ecological Park.
Jutai Expedition Team options:
- Morning zodiac safari (depends going up or down river & on schedule decided on). There are a few choice of creeks for this. Note Rio Jutai is a black water river but much white water (so called but its coffee color) comes in creeks and small tributaries from the Amazon.
- Foz do Jutai town visit.
- Black water lake visit either 2 miles from town or 7 miles up the Jutai River, The Captain may decide to relocate the yacht seven miles upriver adjacent to the black water (Igapo) lakes area. This area is in Ticuna Indian territory. As the black water is very clear, guests can see down into the water to view the tops of flooded trees in the high water period.
Expedition Team Options:
- Zodiac Safari of the lake early morning, scattered population around the lake, the area is great for birds, and occasionally monkeys.
- Swimming – yes Swimming! In the black water lake, this is an ideal place for guests to swim from the Marina Platform. This is a very safe area for swimming as there is no current & black water (very little marine life) is best for swimming.
- This stop is essential for guests to participate in a jungle trek through the Brazilian Nut forest! This will be one of the best opportunities for a jungle trek with some of the locals as well as the Expedition team leading the way.
Disembark at a small Amazonian village of Cuxiu Muni, population of about 40 families. (Population in this region is quoted by the number of families not the number of total individuals). The locals are very warm, welcoming and used to meeting guests from various vessels typically about three times per year.
Options with the Expedition Team are:
- Early morning or late evening Zodiac Safari in range of narrow creeks, good for spotting three toed Sloths as well as several species of birds.
- Village visit lasting say 2-3 hrs can be done anytime of day, this means walk through entire length of village, greeting families looking at the various crops growing, the adjacent woodlands, way of life of Caboclos, tapping rubber tree, etc.
Ariau is sitting at the confluence of the Rio Negro and the Anavilhanas Archipelago SeaDream will once again offer zodiac safaris with the Expedition Team. This region has abundant flora and fauna while leaving the fragile eco-system completely undisturbed. Guests may find some secluded white sand beaches along the shore and get a glimpse of the Ariaú Amazon Towers.