Join the former Australian Geographic's Adventurer of the Year, Chris Bray, in this 20-day photographer's expedition. Hone your photography skills in a series of masterclasses and workshops. Capture the best of Antarctica and South Georgia as you experience close encounters with curious elephant seal pups, mating penguins, and crabeater, Weddell, and leopard seals. Take advantage of extended kayak excursions for stunning photographs.
Day 1 : Punta Arenas to Puerto Williams Days 2-3 : Drake Passage Days 4-7 : Antarctic Peninsula Day 8 : Elephant Island (weather permitting) Days 9-10 : Scotia Sea Days 11-14 : South Georgia Days 15-17 : Scotia Sea Day 18 : Stanley, Falkland Islands Day 19 : Scotia Sea Day 20 : Ushuaia, Argentina | Disembark
Film the courting, mating, and stone-stealing of penguins
Photograph albatrosses, petrels, and prions alongside naturalist guides
Attend Chris Bray's photography masterclass and workshops
Explore South Georgia's northern network of harbors
Capture the early season Antarctic light over ice-clad mountains
Spend the next couple of days getting familiar with the ship, your home-away-from-home, and enjoying briefings from your expedition team and your naturalist and historian. Attend the photography masterclass, and prepare yourself with initial workshops.
Cruise from the South Shetland Islands and through spectacular Gerlache Strait, passing the western flank of the Antarctic Peninsula, where you can step foot on the continent. While cruising among the icebergs, attempt to enter Antarctic Sound and visit some of the magnificent penguin rookeries at the northern end of the Peninsula.
Spend four days exploring South Georgia, investigating the network of harbors along the northern side of this wonderful island. Combine the fascination of local history with wildlife havens by visiting the old whaling station at Grytviken. Nearby are enormous penguin rookeries in St Andrews Bay, Royal Bay, Gold Harbour and Salisbury Plain, to name just a few.
Apologies for the inconvenience. Prices for not yet published.
Below per person rate based on previous season.
Contact us to confirm upcoming season pricing.
Select a Date
Triple Cabins have two lower and one upper berth, a desk, a small washbasin, storage and hanging space and portholes. Showers and toilets are very close by and are shared with other Main Deck cabins.
Select a Date
Twin Shared Cabins have two lower bunks, a desk, small washbasin, ample storage and hanging space and portholes. Showers and toilets are very close by and are shared with other Main Deck cabins.
Select a Date
Twin Private Cabins have two lower bunks, a desk, windows, and a private bathroom with shower, toilet and washbasin. Two cabins have upper and lower bunks (cabins 402 and 403).
Select a Date
Mini Suites have a separate small bedroom with double bed, a sofa bed in the main room, a desk, video player and TV, windows and a private bathroom with shower, toilet and washbasin.
Select a Date
The Suite features a large lounge area, a separate small bedroom with double bed, a sofabed in the main room, a video player and TV, refrigerator, large forward and side facing windows, and a private bathroom with shower, toilet and washbasin.
Please note that all of Polar Pioneer itineraries are at the mercy of weather conditions and not all landings are guaranteed. These itineraries are flexible and will change voyage to voyage, allowing the best chance to make the most of surprising wildlife displays and unexpected opportunities.
- Rates represent costs per person, double or triple occupancy. Request the Twin or Triple Share Program where you are matched with a cabin mate of the same gender. Even if a cabin mate is not found for you, no single supplement will be charged.
- Single costs are 1.7 times the twin rate
• Flight from Punta Arenas to Puerto Williams
• Transfer from Puerto Williams airport to Polar Pioneer, including lunch and tour of Puerto Williams
• Shipboard accommodation with daily cabin service
• All shipboard meals and snacks, including tea and coffee
• All shore excursions and Zodiac outings
• Guiding services by your expert team, including lecture program
• Basic medical services if required
• Port taxes, charges and landing fees
• Luggage transfer to ship
• Loan of expedition boots during voyage
• Comprehensive pre-departure information, including destination primer
• A waterproof polar jacket to keep
• Daily cabin service
• Professionally produced voyage journal (one per booking)
• International or domestic flights to or from ship, unless specified
• Transfers not mentioned in the itinerary
• Arrival or departure taxes
• Visa, passport and vaccination charges
• Optional excursions not included in the itinerary
• Optional activity surcharge. Please contact us if you wish to book any optional activities, such as sea kayaking
• Travel insurance or emergency evacuation charges
• Hotels and meals not included in itinerary
• All items of a personal nature including but not limited to: alcoholic beverages, laundry services, personal clothing, gratuities, medical expenses and email or phone charges.
We are so glad that we chose Adventure Life. The service is top-notch. Everything is well taken care of and we just have to print the documents and go. Franny even gave us timely updates on possible airport strike.