This itinerary is delivered at a comfortable pace. Shore landings will be on the Peninsula and surrounding Islands. There is an in-depth education program, covering all aspects of the biology, politics and history of Antarctica. Cross the Drake Passage, and explore the adventures of the South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula
Day 1 : Ushuaia, Argentina Day 2 : Embarkation Day Days 3-4 : Crossing the Drake Passage Days 5-8 : Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula Days 9-11 : Drake Passage to Ushuaia
Arrive to Ushuaia, Argentina and transfer to your hotel. Overnight.
Day 2 Embarkation Day
After embarkation in the late afternoon, you will sail down the Beagle Channel. Keep watch on deck for seabirds, penguins and rainbows.
Day 3-4 Crossing the Drake Passage
Prepare for rough water, but do not be disappointed if your crossing is smooth sailing. The Drake is always changing.
Day 5-8 Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula
Many factors play a role in shaping the expedition’s progress. We attempt to leave the ship to explore in a range of activity levels at least twice a day. Perhaps, you’ll feel salt spray on your face as the Zodiac weaves in and around grounded icebergs in Pleneau Bay. You could scramble to the top of a craggy hill for an unforgettable view of an icy chasm near Port Lockroy. You could sit quietly on a pebbled beach and wait for a curious penguin chick to approach or plunge into the frigid Antarctic waters.
Explore the highlights of the Antarctic Peninsula with other adventurers! Over the course of the austral spring and summer, the sun lingers longer and longer, melting snow and ice. Wildlife abounds: chicks hatch and fledge, and pods of whales breach in a deep bay where a calving iceberg has churned up krill, the local delicacy.
The natural cycle of life ensures that every expedition is different. And that every expedition is full of surprises! In Antarctica, silence is so complete that interruptions become indelible memories: noisy penguins squabbling over prized pebbles, the boom and crack of a calving glacier near Petermann Island. As you sail from island to shore to bay during four days in the Peninsula, the Expedition Team provides opportunities for contemplation, to test your endurance and engage your curiosity.
Day 9-11 Drake Passage to Ushuaia
Activities during the return voyage depend on the conditions of the Drake. A smooth crossing is a busy crossing. You will be transferred to the airport from the ship when you disembark in Ushuaia.
Apologies for the inconvenience. Prices for not yet published.
Below per person rate based on previous season.
Contact us to confirm upcoming season pricing.
Main deck, 2 lower berths, private facilities, porthole
Lower Deck Twin
2 lower berths, private facilities, porthole
Main Deck Twin with Porthole
Main Deck, 2 lower berths, private facilities, porthole
Main Deck Twin with Window
Main Deck, 2 lower berths, private facilities, 2 windows
Upper Deck, 2 lower berths, private facilities, windows
Upper deck and Captains deck, 2 lower berths, private facilities, windows
Captains deck, 2 lower berths, windows, private facilities with shower. Tub in Suite 403.
This Add-on is available only for our travelers extending or customizing their itinerary.
- Rates are quoted in U.S. dollars and represent costs per person, double occupancy. Request the Twin Share Program where you are matched with a cabin mate of the same gender. Even if a cabin mate is not found for you, no single supplement will be charged.
-Cabins are available for single occupancy at 1.7 times the double occupancy rate. The supplement for a suite is 2 times the shared rate.
-Emergency medical evacuation coverage for a minimum of US$100,000 per person required. Contact us for details on arranging travel insurance.
This expedition includes
* 1 night of pre-expedition hotel accommodation in Ushuaia with breakfast.
* Group transfer on Day 2 from a designated location in Ushuaia to the ship.
* Shipboard accommodation with housekeeping.
* Shipboard breakfasts, lunches and dinners.
* Shore landings per the program delivered on the ship each day.
* Professional Expedition Leadership.
* All Zodiac excursions and transfers.
* Formal and informal educational presentations by the Expedition Team.
* Photographic Journal on DVD, documenting the voyage.
* An official Quark Expeditions parka to keep.
* The loan of a pair of waterproof boots for the duration of the voyage.
* Coffee, tea, and cocoa available around the clock.
* Hair dryer and bathrobes in each cabin.
* Comprehensive pre-departure package including a map and Reader.
* All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
* All shipboard luggage handling.
* Emergency Evacuation Insurance to a maximum benefit of $100,000 per person.
* Group transfer from the ship to the Ushuaia airport.
* Transfer from Ushuaia airport to the hotel on Day 1.
This expedition excludes
* Any airfare.
* Passport and Visa Expenses.
* Adventure options - kayaking, mountaineering, camping or cross-country skiing
* Any meals ashore, with the exception of breakfast at the hotel.
* Government arrival and departure taxes.
* Baggage, cancellation and medical travel insurance.
* Excess baggage charges.
* Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges.
* Shipboard and land telecommunication charges.
* Gratuity for ship's crew, Hospitality or Expedition Team members.
I could not be happier with my Adventure Life experience, from beginning to end. I travel a lot, and I think your company and personnel do an outstanding job. I truly appreciate your professionalism, attentiveness, and flexibility. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend your company and would be happy to serve as a reference.