A polar journey across the Arctic to the land of Vikings, fjords and spectacular landscapes. This award-winning Arctic expedition packs more wildlife and dramatic Arctic coastlines into 14 days than you can imagine. Touring Iceland, Greenland and Spitsbergen, you'll have great chances to see bearded seals as well as walrus, whales, seabirds and, of course, polar bears.
Day 1 : Embark in Longyearbyen Days 2-5 : Spitsbergen, Norway Days 6-7 : Greenland Sea Days 8-12 : Eastern Greenland Day 13 : Denmark Strait Day 14 : Disembarkation in Akureyri / Fly to Reykjavik & Home
Your voyage will embark in Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen.
Day 2-5 Spitsbergen, Norway
Begin your Arctic cruise by exploring Spitsbergen, the largest of the Norwegian-ruled Svalbard island. A tour to this Arctic land rewards you with abundant wildlife and austere beauty. Here you'll visit spectacular glacier fronts and steep-walled fjords with Walrus, Polar Bear and Spitsbergen Reindeer among your possible wildlife sightings. Birders will be thrilled to see Arctic Terns, Skuas, Long-tailed Ducks, Kittiwakes and Glaucous and Ivory Gulls. As an added bonus, when conditions are right, you could sail within 10° of the North Pole!
Day 6-7 Greenland Sea
While sailing the historic Greenland Sea, you'll learn about the wildlife and history of Greenland, your next stop. On deck you'll learn to identify Seabirds on the wing. Share photos, sip an icy cocktail in the bar or watch a movie - there are many things to do during your time at sea.
Day 8-12 Eastern Greenland
During your tour of Greenland's remote eastern coast, you'll enjoy sea-level Zodiac cruises and shore visits to several locations. Visit the remains of ancient Thule settlements, and keep an eye out for grazing Musk Oxen, as 40% of the world's population of this fascinating mammal lives here. Finally, you will sail through spectacular Scoresbysund, where you’ll encounter massive icebergs and an ancient Thule settlement as you approach Sydkap and Øfjord. The scenery here is something you can’t even imagine, with towering mountain sides and hundreds of apartment size icebergs playing tricks with your sense of perception.
Day 13 Denmark Strait
At sea, the Denmark Strait is your pathway east, towards Iceland. Your onboard Expedition Team will keep you informed and entertained with presentations about the history of exploration in the Arctic and the Seabirds that you’ll inevitably see soaring above your ship.
Day 14 Disembarkation in Akureyri / Fly to Reykjavik & Home
Your adventure ends at the port of Akureyri. From here fly to the domestic airport in Reykjavik, Iceland’s capital. A transfer to the city center will be provided if you wish to explore this great city. From here continue on your independent journey.
Apologies for the inconvenience. Prices for not yet published.
Below per person rate based on previous season.
Contact us to confirm upcoming season pricing.
Oceanus Deck, 250 sq ft. Window, 2 twins or king bed, pull out sofa bed. Private bath facilities.
Main deck, 215 sq ft. 2 portholes, 2 twins or king bed, private bath facilities.
Oceanus deck, 250 sq ft. Window, 2 twin beds or king bed, private bath facilities.
Club deck, 235 sq ft. Picture window, walk in closet, 2 twins or king bed, private bath facilities.
Sports deck, 277 sq ft. Sliding glass door and private balcony. Walk-in closet, 2 twins or king bed, private bath facilities.
Sun Deck, 353 sq ft. Sliding glass door and private balcony, picture window, sitting area, 2 twins or king bed, private bath facilities
Sun deck, spacious living room and meeting area, HD TV, sound system, sliding glass door to private sun deck. King bed in separate sleeping area, large bathroom with jetted tub.
This Add-on is available only for our travelers extending or customizing their itinerary.
- Rates are quoted in U.S. dollars and represent costs per person, double occupancy. Request the Twin Share Program where you are matched with a cabin mate of the same gender. Even if a cabin mate is not found for you, no single supplement will be charged.
-Cabins are available for single occupancy at 1.7 times the double occupancy rate. The supplement for a suite is 2 times the shared rate.
-Emergency medical evacuation coverage for a maximum benefit of US$100,000 per person is included. Contact us for details on arranging additional travel insurance.
Embracing the unexpected is part of the legacy – and excitement – of expedition travel. When traveling in extremely remote regions, your expedition staff must allow the sea, the ice and the weather to guide route and itinerary details. The above is a tentative outline of what you’ll experience on this cruise – please be aware that no specific itinerary can be guaranteed.
· Transfer from Longyearbyen airport to your hotel if you arrive one day prior to embarkation.
· On embarkation day, transfer from your hotel or Longyearbyen airport to the ship.
· On disembarkation day, flight from Akureyri to the domestic airport in Reykjavik and transfer to downtown Reykjavik.
· Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping.
· All breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks on board throughout your voyage.
· All shore landings per the daily program.
· Leadership throughout the voyage by an experienced Expedition Leader, including shore landings and other activities.
· All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program.
· Formal and informal presentations by the Expedition Team and Special Guests as scheduled.
· Photographic Journal on DVD, documenting the voyage.
· A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings.
· An official parka to keep.
· Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock.
· A complimentary selection of alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages.
· Hair dryer and bathrobe in every cabin.
· Comprehensive pre-departure materials, including a map and an informative Arctic Reader.
· All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
· All luggage handling aboard ship.
· On disembarkation day, group transfer from the ship to the airport as specified.
· Emergency Evacuation Insurance for all passengers to a maximum benefit of USD $100,000 per person
Kate was great to work with in the planning stage. She was prompt, helpful, and efficient. Our tour guide, Edwin, was knowledgeable and passionate. We were very happy to have traveled with Adventure Life, it made the trip easy and a true pleasure. We could concentrate on enjoying the experience rather than the details of travel.