Located in the heart of the Northern Ontario wilderness, the Miminiska Lodge, is only accessed by a private floatplane flight from Thunder Bay. The brief flight quickly whisks you away over the hundreds of lakes and expansive boreal forests where adventures await.
The main lodge is outfitted with TV and free WiFi, while each cabin is furnished with a bar fridge and comfortable lounge area. Featured services include breakfast and 3-course dinners, pre-dinner reception with appetizers and 2 drinks, staff prepared shore lunch, daily housekeeping service and dock & fish cleaning service.
• Main lodge with living room, games room, bar, and pool table is surrounded by 6 cabins
• Cabin configurations accommodate between 2 and 12 people
• Choice between private or shared accommodation
• Complimentary laundry service
• Wi-fi access in main lodge
• No cell phone reception
• Guided paddling excursions (canoe/kayak) and wildlife viewing
• Guided fishing programs (lake & river), including night fishing
• Standup paddling (SUP)
• Guided interpretive explorations of First Nations history at Miminiska
• Sunset yoga
• Native arts & crafts
• Bonfires and nightly entertainment
• Stargazing and opportunity to view Northern Lights (August & September)
The trip might have been the absolute best of our lifetime (thus far). We particularly want to commend our guide Peter in the Guilin area-he was so incredibly attentive, energetic, enthusiastic-and absolutely dedicated to ensuring that our meals were 100% vegetarian.