40Ship Type: River Cruise Ship
The luxurious Aqua Mekong was designed to embody the aestheric of a sophisticated five star hotel. Local sustainable materials and artisanal touches of the Mekong’s multifaceted cultures round out generous interior spaces. Spacious and indulgent, yet intimate enough to feel entirely exclusive, the Aqua Mekong incorporates relaxed yet refined lounging and dining areas, and can accommodate a maximum of 40 guests plus crew.
Each stateroom features a California King sized bed which can be separated into two twin beds, floor to ceiling windows facing the Mekong, large double closet with safety box, chest of drawers, flat screen television, telephone, indoor seating area and outdoor seating area (for balcony cabins). Suites feature extra large bathrooms with picture windows, two sinks, large walk in shower with rainforest showerhead and bench, professional hairdryer, and natural bath amenities.
The Aqua Mekong Features:
- Exclusive staff to guest ratio of 1-1 on the river
- All Excursions limited to 10 guests per guide
- The Mekong’s only private fleet of 4 elegant aluminium launch boats
- All suites measure 322sq.
- Family suites measure 644sq.
- World-class dining program with Consulting Chef David Thompson
- Sleek and contemporary award-wining interior design
- Kayaking and biking excursions
- The Mekong’s only forward-facing shaded infinity pool
- On-board paramedic
- The Mekong’s only private indoor and outdoor screening room
State of the art safety features include radio communications with separate battery pack, satellite phone, life jackets, flares and signals, fire extinguishers and smoke detectors in each cabin, automatic defibrillator on board.
Year Built: 2014
Ports of Embarkation: My Tho (Vietnam), Phnom Penh and Siem Reap (Cambodia)
Vessel’s Registry: Cambodia
Type of Vessel: River Expedition Vessel
Length: 62.4 meters / 204 feet
Beam: 11.5 meters / 38 feet
Draft: 1.5 meters / 5 feet
Gross Tonnage: 700 tons
Cruising Speed: 12 knots
Electricity: 220 volts
Engines: 2 New Caterpillar, Tier 3 Emission compliant
Generators: 2 New Caterpillars, encapsulated for noise reduction
Water: Reverse osmosis and UV water treatment plant
AC: Central air-conditioning throughout
Laundry: Complimentary service (no dry cleaning on board)
Internet: Complimentary wireless throughout