- Ship Highlights
- Passengers : 16
- Includes Isabela & Fernandina Islands
- Child discounts
The Daphne was constructed in Puerto Ayora specifically for Galapagos cruises. Since its construction, the Daphne has gained worldwide recognition for her ecological and diving cruises, and has received acclaim for excellent, first-class service; expert crew; bilingual, naturalist guides; and exquisite menus that offer the best national and international cuisine available in the islands.
Amenities on board the Daphne
Common areas include a spacious sun deck, which is guests' favorite place to relax, read, enjoy a good drink, have some snacks or take in the beautiful landscapes while sailing to the next destination. Fully air-conditioned common spaces include the lounge and library. In the lounge meet daily with your Naturalist Guide and fellow passengers to receive a briefing on the next day's activities as well as lectures on the natural and human history of the islands. Guests will also enjoy a small library with books/videos about the Galapagos Islands.
The Daphne offers her guests a comfortable restaurant/bar to enjoy delicious meals. The Daphne carries an experienced chef who will prepare a variety of international and ecuadorian dishes. Special dietary needs are gladly accommodated.
The Daphne yacht has the capacity for 16 guests. Passengers are accommodated in eight double cabins and one suite. All cabins are equipped with private bathroom facilities, hot water showers, and air conditioning.
The Daphne is committed to conserve and protect the Galapagos Islands a World Natural Heritage since 1978, therefore her crew is constantly improving her operation. In recognition of her commitment the Daphne has been granted the Smart Voyager Certification and the Sello de Calidad Galapagos (Galapagos Quality Certification).
- Length: 70 feet
- Beam: 20 feet
- Speed: 10 knots
- Engines: 2 250 HP Caterpillars 2 20HP/110v Onan electric generators
- Electricity: 110 volts and 220 volts
- Water capacity: 3,200 gallons
- Accommodations: 8 double-occupancy cabins with private bath
- Crew: The captain, a helmsman, 2 sailors, a machinist, a barman/waiter, a chef, and an assistant.
- Navigational Equipment: Radar (24 miles),Sonda Furuno compass, VHF radio, HF radio, 70-Channel radio, GPS, Cellular phone
- Security Equipment: Compliance with all I.S.M (International Safety Management Code). Equipped with rafts, lifejackets, EPIRB (Emergency Position Indicating RadioBeacon), fire extinguishers, flares and emergency signals
1 suite cabin with a double bed, 8 double cabins with and upper/lower berth. All cabins offer private bath facilities.