Experience the privilege of a relaxing cruise aboard Le Ponant, crafted to respect the tradition of famous sailing yachts. Following in the nautical tradition of three-masted sailing ships, Le Ponant will take you on a voyage of discovery. The ship capacity, limited to 56 passengers, provides intimacy and convivial atmosphere to the cruise. The refined life on board, the welcoming charm of your cabin, the lounges, and the restaurant settings are as many invitations to relax.
Under full sail, gliding over the sea with the wind, you will fall under Le Ponant’s spell.
Le Ponant features four decks of guest facilities:
Sun Deck – large open space with deck chairs available. Great for viewing the sails.
Antigua Deck – guest staterooms and the al fresco restaurant.
St. Barth Deck – lounge for lectures and recaps, bar, formal dining room, and reception.
Marie Galante Deck – guest staterooms.
• Stairs connect the decks (no elevator).
• There is an open-bridge policy, contingent upon weather and navigation conditions.
• Smoking is permitted only on outside decks
• Each restaurant holds all 56 guest at one seating.
• Special dietary requests (except Kosher) can be fulfilled with advance notice.
• Room service for breakfast is available with advance request.
• Staterooms are similar in amenities and average 160 square feet.
• All staterooms have: a hairdryer, direct dial phone for international calls and cabin-to-cabin calls, safe deposit box, an intercom system for announcements, at least one closet and one shelf unit, European-type outlets (two round sockets) at 220 volts, individual heat/air conditioning controls, a minibar, and complimentary bottled water.
• Ocean view: staterooms on Antigua Deck have a window (approximately 2 feet by 2 feet); cabins on the Marie Galante deck have a large porthole.
• All cabins have lower beds. The bed configuration varies from two twins to one double. Several staterooms accommodate a third guest. Cabins 1–5 (Antigua Deck), 6, 7, and 9 have one double bed; staterooms 10, 12, and 14 have one double bed and a convertible sleeper sofa; all other staterooms have two lower twin beds that can be moved together into one queen bed.
• Snorkel gear and beach towels are available for all guests.
• Weights and tanks are available for certified divers. All divers must bring any additional equipment.
• Le Ponant carries a fleet of Zodiacs.
• A doctor and a small infirmary are available on board. Rates are posted.
• Laundry services are available (no dry cleaning). Rates are posted. No beauty salon on board.
• Small glass cases showcase Le Ponant ship and trip memorabilia for sale.
• Due to the active nature of the expeditions, no pool, gym, or sauna facilities are available.
• The Sapphire Room is a small lounge area behind reception that offers a small library.
• The euro is the currency used on board. Most credit cards and travelers checks are accepted for payment of shipboard accounts.