Built in 1975 as the Alla Tarasova in the former Yugoslavia, the 117-passenger Sea Adventurer underwent a $13-million conversion in 1998 in Scandinavia. The new features include 61 comfortable, all-outside cabins complete with lower beds and private bathroom facilities to offer the most comfortable Antarctica and Arctic tours possible.
The Sea Adventurer is an oceangoing vessel equipped with an ice-strengthened hull (A-1 ice class) ideally suited for cruises in such remote environments that Antarctica tours can offer, but supremely comfortable anywhere she sails. The window-lined dining room seats all passengers at leisurely single seatings, where superb cuisine is served by friendly staff. There’s also a library, a workout room, a gift shop, and a boutique.
- Only 117 guests
- 4 partially enclosed lifeboats
- Fleet of Zodiacs for shore transfers
- All cabins have exterior views and facilities en suite
- One dining room with unreserved seating.
- Multi-purpose lounge and presentation room
- Ice-strengthened hull
- All-inclusive beverage packages available
The Sea Adventurer is equipped with zodiacs for shore landings and ocean level cruising, yet offers fine dining, and cabins with exterior views and facilities en suite.
Cabins and Amenities:
- 61 outside cabins with exterior views and private facilities.
- Decks 4 and 5 have exterior access, with outside seating.
- Window-lined dining room on Deck 4 with unreserved seating.
- Lounge/Presentation Room.
- 2 bars.
- Gift shop.
- 24 hour beverage station.
- Ship-to-shore satellite communications with email, and wireless, Internet access.
- Clinic with licensed doctor.
- Exercise room.
- Massage therapist.
- Ice strengthened hull.