Built in 1992 and recently refurbished, the Island Sky is a spacious, yet intimate, expedition vessel. Public spaces available include a large lounge, elegant bar with piano, library stocked with fiction and reference books along with a selection of games, and a single sitting dining room. Outside decks feature a bar, spa pool, and a rear sun deck where meals are served in clement weather. For excursions ashore, the Island Sky carries a fleet of Zodiacs, and bridge visits allow for the chance to see her expert officers and crew at work.
General information regarding the Island Sky
• Five decks of passenger facilities:
Magellan Deck – passenger cabins, restaurant, doctor’s office
Columbus Deck – passenger cabins, lounge, reception
Marco Polo Deck – passenger cabins, club, library
Erikson Deck – passenger cabins with balconies, bridge, outdoor bar and café
Explorer Deck – passenger suites with balconies, salon, sun deck, and spa pool
• Stairs and an elevator service all decks
• The bridge is available to visit most times throughout the day, contingent upon weather, security, and navigation conditions
• Smoking is permitted only on outside decks
All cabins feature ocean views and have two twin beds that can be reconfigured into one queen, a sitting area, en suite bathroom, large wardrobes, vanity table, small refrigerator, television, personal safe, hair dryer, assorted toiletries, and individually controlled air-conditioning and heating, and American style outlets (two flat prongs) at 110 volts. Cabins range from 215-312 square feet and have a variety of window and balcony configurations to select from.
Dining aboard the Island Sky
The main restaurant can accommodate all passengers at one seating. Most diets can be catered for on board, but special dietary requests must be made in advance. Breakfast is served buffet-style and there is also an omelet station. When weather permits, lunch can be served on deck, but is usually served in the main restaurant with a self-serve soup and salad option. Dinner is also served in the main restaurant. Afternoon tea is served in the lounge and coffee and tea are available 24 hours a day in the club.
• Island Sky carries a fleet of Zodiacs and a small tender.
• Public spaces include a large lounge, smaller bar with piano, and library with games, reference books, novels, and computers with Internet access.
• There are two sun decks: one on the aft of the Erikson Deck with an outdoor bar and café, and one on the Explorer Deck with a spa pool.
• Laundry services (no dry cleaning), a hair salon, and a small doctor’s office are available on board. Rates are posted.
• The U.K. pound is the currency used on board. Traveler’s checks, Visa, Mastercard, and American Express are accepted for payment of shipboard accounts.
Magellan Deck, Suites #254-262. 215 square feet and have two to four portholes.
Columbus Deck, Suites #331-348. 215 square feet and have a large picture window.
Marco Polo Deck, Suites #416-430. They range between 225 to 240 square feet and feature large picture windows.
Marco Polo Deck, Suites #414-415. They range between 225 to 240 square feet and feature large picture windows.
Erikson Deck, Suites #505-512. 265 square feet and have patio doors leading to private balconies.
Explorer Deck, Suites #601-604. 312 square feet and also feature private balconies.