Black Sea Voyage - Cruise Only« All MS Amacello cruise options
|Dates||Deck + Cabin Type|
|Cat E||Cat D||Cat C||Cat B||Cat A||Junior Suite|
Day 1 Budapest / Embark
Arrive in Budapest. This evening, meet your fellow passengers at the Gala Welcome Dinner. (D)
Day 2 Mohács / Pecs/ Vilány
Arrive in Mohács during breakfast and then depart for your excursion to Pecs, EU Cultural Capital 2010. Founded more than 2,000 years ago by the Romans, Pecs became an important early Christian bishopric and Turkish cultural base during the many centuries of Ottoman rule. The area around Pecs is made up of rolling hills, vine clad slopes and a modest climate that give the city a distinctly Mediterranean feel. Upon arrival, you will take a city tour that includes UNESCO underground excavations. After lunch on board ship, enjoy a wine-tasting excursion, where you will sample aromatic, spicy wines from the vineyards of Vilány. (B,L,D)
Day 3 Vukovar, Croatia / Novi Sad, Serbia
Your guided motor coach and walking tour of Vukovar will include the Manorhouse Eltz and the Ovcara Memorial (Croatian victims of the Yugoslav civil war). Enjoy lunch on board as you cruise to Novi Sad, Serbia. Enjoy a walking tour of Novi Sad in the afternoon. The ship sails for Belgrade this evening. (B,L,D)
Day 4 Belgrade
Wake up in Belgrade, the capital of Serbia and explore its myriad of streets, plazas and squares. Belgrade has over 5,500 streets, 16 plazas and 32 squares. Your guided tour features Tito's memorial, the Town Hall, the Federal Parliament Building, Terazije Street, Republic Square and Mihajlova Street, "Varos" Gate and the mighty Kalemegdan Fortress. You will have free time in the city center after your tour. A guided bicycle tour is available in the afternoon (capacity controlled). A shuttle bus will run from the city to the ship during the afternoon. (B,L,D)
Day 5 Cruising through the Iron Gates/ Viding, Bulgaria
Today, enjoy a full day of cruising through one of Europe's most awe-inspiring natural wonders, the Iron Gates. Here the Danube narrows, as it winds through a range of magnificent gorges between the southern Carpathian Mountains and the northwestern foothills of the Balkan Mountains. Forming the natural border between Serbia and Romania, today’s passage will be an unforgettable highlight of your Black Sea adventure. Late this evening, the ship sails to Vidin. (B,L,D)
Day 7 Giurgiu / Bucharest, Romania / Rousse, Bulgaria
Enjoy a full day excursion to Bucharest, known as “Paris of the East.” The city is famed for its Belle Epoque era buildings dating from the 19th-century. During the morning city tour, you will see the Arch of Triumph, Soseaua Kiseleff, the Athenaeum, the Library and visit the Palace of the Parliament - the world's largest palace. Enjoy lunch in a typical Romanian restaurant, and then choose to shop, explore on your own or visit the Open Air Museum, which was dedicated to the traditional architecture and buildings of rural Romania. This evening, the ship departs for Rousse. (B,L,D)
Day 6 Vidin
The "Baba Vida" Fortress sits guard over the Danube at the Bulgarian frontier town of Vidin. The 14th-century castle has massive walls and dark towers, in contrast to the natural park that surrounds the castle. From here, take an excursion to Belogradschik, a beautifully restored 6th-century castle, located in a stunning landscape of unusual rock formations. (B,L,D)
Day 8 Rousses / Disembark
Disembark the ship in Rousse and connect to your return flight home. (B)
Itinerary NotesRates do not include port charges: $133 per person
Deposit & Payment
Initial deposit is $600, and most travelers will call our office and pay the deposit with a credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, AmEx, and Discover. Alternatively, you can send a check to our Missoula, Montana, office or register online at: https://www.adventure-life.com/forms/fourways.php
Final payment is due 100 days prior to departure.
Final payment by bank transfer, check or Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Amex.
Booking last minute? No problem! Please contact one of our trip planners, and we can get you on your way if booking less than 100 days prior to departure.
Click here to see a copy of our Terms and Conditions.
|Days Prior to departure||Fee|
|121 days or more||$400 per person|
|120-90 days||$600 per person|
|89-60 days||40% trip cost|
|59-30 days||55% trip cost|
|29-0 days||100% trip cost|
- Ship Highlights
- Passengers : 148
- River Cruise Ship
Launched in 2008, the MS Amacello is part of the newest, state-of-the-art fleet of river cruise vessels in Europe. This vessel sets new standards in European river cruising and offers a number of features which no other European river cruise ship can match. The MS Amacello carries 148 passengers in unequaled luxury, comfort and style and is staffed by a highly-trained professional crew, with an ongoing emphasis on personal service.
This vessel features an array of amenities specifically designed for comfort, convenience and luxury on the great waterways of Europe.
The latest high-tech features onboard:
* BICYCLES: Each ship has plenty of bicycles onboard which can be used by passengers, free of charge, to explore the small towns. Most regions offer well-maintained bicycle paths along the river.
* WELLNESS AREA: Located in the aft area of the Violin Deck, this generously designed space includes a glassed-in fitness room, massage and beauty salon; the aft lounge with modern wicker furniture and French doors to enjoy the fresh river air.
* ELEVATOR: Each ship has an elevator, which very few river cruise ships feature. The elevator reaches four different levels: the Restaurant level (1), the Staterooms on the Cello Deck (2), the Lobby and Panorama Lounge (3) and the Staterooms on the Violin Deck (4).
* INFOTAINMENT SYSTEMS: Every stateroom is equipped with monitor, keyboard with Internet access, English language TV stations, a large movie selection and numerous music programs. Our satellite telephone system allows you to call home for a nominal fee.
* STATEROOMS: Inside your exquisitely decorated stateroom, you'll find all the amenities of a fine hotel with white-on-white plush bedding, a cozy sitting area, Infotainment System, hair dryer, safe, terry bathrobes, individually controlled air-conditioning and ample closet space. All staterooms and Jr. Suites are outside; over 82% feature large French balconies, which are a true delight when relaxing in your stateroom.
* JUNIOR SUITES: Although rarely found on European river cruise ships, Junior Suites aboard our ships are extra spacious at 255 square feet. They feature a comfortable sitting area with a sofa and two chairs, floor-to-ceiling windows with French balconies and luxurious, extra spacious bathrooms with bathtubs and showers. The suites sell quickly, so early reservations are recommended.
Built in: Holland
Length: 360 feet
Width: 38 feet
Crew: 41 (European)
Jr. Suites: 4
Ship Registry: Built in Switzerland
Home port: Basel
170 sq. feet. 6 cabins on Piano Deck. Picture window, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #108-113.
170 sq. feet. 7 cabins on Piano Deck. Picture window, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #101-107.
170 sq. feet. 6 cabins on Cello Deck. French balcony, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #225-230.
170 sq. feet. 24 cabins on Cello Deck. French balcony, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #201-224.
170 sq. feet. 28 cabins on Violin Deck. French balcony, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #305-332.
255 sq. feet. 4 cabins on Violin Deck. French balcony, sitting area, bathtub and shower, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #310-304.