Rhine Winter Voyage« All MS Amacello cruise options
|Dates||Deck + Cabin Type|
|Cat E||Cat D||Cat C||Cat B||Cat A||Junior Suite|
Day 1 Basel, Switzerland / Embark
Arrive in Basel and embark your luxurious river cruise ship. Switzerland’s second largest city is ideally located at the crossroads of Switzerland, France and Germany. Long an important university, banking and trade center, Basel’s glorious past is still evident in its medieval Town Hall and exquisite 18th- century patrician homes. After settling into your stateroom this afternoon, you may wish to visit Basel’s Christmas Market on Barfsserplatz. Tonight, gather on board for a Welcome Cocktail and Dinner.
Day 2 Breisach, Germany
Today, choose between a city tour of Colmar or a tour through the famous Black Forest region of Germany. On the Black Forest tour, you will drive through a scenic forested area where you will encounter a number of lakes as well as charming examples of rural architecture. Your tour will include a stop at a Cuckoo Clock factory and to the Christmas Markets of Freiburg. In the alternative, travel to medieval Colmar, situated along the Alsatian Wine Route and the self-proclaimed “Capital of Alsatian Wine.” During your city tour, you will see remarkable half-timber framed houses, the German-influenced Old Quarter and the Launch River. You will also enjoy a wine tasting. Colmar is beautifully decorated with stunning illuminations during the Advent period and offers five Christmas Markets. Tonight, the ship set sails for Strasbourg, France.
Day 3 Strasbourg, France / Speyer, Germany
Capital and principal city of the Alsace region in northeastern France, Strasbourg is situated on the Ill River, where it flows into the Rhine on the border with Germany. Enjoy a canal cruise, revealing the picturesque town, known for its black and white timber-framed buildings, covered bridges and medieval watch towers. Then take a tour through this charming ton. See the European Parliament and visit the “La Petite France” district, where you will see the sandstone Gothic Cathedral with its famous astronomical clock. You will also visit Strasbourg’s famous Christmas market. Dating back to the 16th century, the market is the oldest in France, and features hundreds of stands selling arts and crafts, decorations and holiday treats. A guided bicycle tour is also available (capacity controlled). Depart at lunchtime for Speyer, where your Cruise Manager will lead a walking tour after dinner.
Day 4 Speyer, Germany
Depart from Speyer for your excursion to Heidelberg, where you will visit the red-walled Castle, with its Great Vat, a 49,000-gallon 18th-century wine cask and beautiful views of the Neckar Valley and Heidelberg below. Return to the ship at Worms, one of Germany’s oldest cities. The city is known for its many excellent examples of Romanesque architecture, including the majestic 12th-century St. Peter’s Cathedral. During your tour, visit the impressive monument to Martin Luther and other leaders of the Reformation along the “Luther Trail.” You will also see the 11th-century “Heiliger Sand,” one of the largest and oldest Jewish cemeteries in Europe. During your free time, visit Worms’ Christmas Markets.
Day 5 Rüdesheim, Germany / Koblenz
This morning, arrive in Rüdesheim and visit Siegfried's Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum. Explore the Drosselgasse, a narrow alley lined with wine taverns and restaurants. Enjoy a wine tasting at a local vintner and - visit the Christmas Markets where you will find more than 120 stands from 12 nations. This afternoon, your ship departs for Koblenz. You will cruise through the Rhine Gorge, the most beautiful stretch of the river, passing castle after castle. Arrive in Koblenz late this afternoon. Your Cruise Manager will lead a walking tour through this charming town. The ship moors overnight in Koblenz.
Day 6 Cologne, Germany
This morning, the ship cruises to Cologne for a walking tour through the old part of the city and visit to the fabled 13th-century Gothic Cathedral. During your free time, return to the cathedral to browse through the city’s most impressive Christmas Market. The ship departs tonight for Amsterdam.
Day 7 Amsteradam
Admire beautiful 17-th century homes, charming churches and 16th-century merchant houses on a guided canal boat tour. Then enjoy a motor coach tour of Amsterdam, including a photo stop at the Rembrandt Windmill, followed by free time in Amsterdam. This evening, bid farewell to your fellow passengers at the Gala Farewell Dinner.
Day 8 Amsterdam / Disembark
Transfer to the airport for your homeward flight.
Itinerary NotesPlease note: Cruise fares do not include port charges, please add $147 per person.
- 7 Nights Deluxe Cruise Accommodation in an Outside Stateroom - 82% of the Staterooms with large French Balconies
- Daily Sightseeing Program as outlined in the Itinerary
- Infotainment System in all Staterooms with Free Internet, Hit Movies, Music Library and English Language TV Stations
- Terry Bathrobes and White-on-white plush Bedding in all Staterooms
- Superb Dining with all Meals included during your Cruise
- Free-flowing Red & White Wines from Europe's great Wine Regions, beer and soft drinks with every Dinner on board the Ship
- Bottled Water in every stateroom replenished daily
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner & Captain's Gala Dinner
- Special Highlights including Lectures, Theme Dinners, Cooking Demonstration, onboard Music Performances and afternoon & evening Piano Music
- Use of Bicycles to explore on your own
- Services of Professional Cruise Manager
- All English Language on board in a non-smoking Environment (smoking permitted only on the Sun Deck)
- All local Taxes
Deposit & Payment
Initial deposit is $600, and most travelers will call our office and pay the deposit with a credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, AmEx, and Discover. Alternatively, you can send a check to our Missoula, Montana, office or register online at: https://www.adventure-life.com/forms/fourways.php
Final payment is due 100 days prior to departure.
Final payment by bank transfer, check or Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Amex.
Booking last minute? No problem! Please contact one of our trip planners, and we can get you on your way if booking less than 100 days prior to departure.
Click here to see a copy of our Terms and Conditions.
|Days Prior to departure||Fee|
|121 days or more||$400 per person|
|120-90 days||$600 per person|
|89-60 days||40% trip cost|
|59-30 days||55% trip cost|
|29-0 days||100% trip cost|
- Ship Highlights
- Passengers : 148
- River Cruise Ship
Launched in 2008, the MS Amacello is part of the newest, state-of-the-art fleet of river cruise vessels in Europe. This vessel sets new standards in European river cruising and offers a number of features which no other European river cruise ship can match. The MS Amacello carries 148 passengers in unequaled luxury, comfort and style and is staffed by a highly-trained professional crew, with an ongoing emphasis on personal service.
This vessel features an array of amenities specifically designed for comfort, convenience and luxury on the great waterways of Europe.
The latest high-tech features onboard:
* BICYCLES: Each ship has plenty of bicycles onboard which can be used by passengers, free of charge, to explore the small towns. Most regions offer well-maintained bicycle paths along the river.
* WELLNESS AREA: Located in the aft area of the Violin Deck, this generously designed space includes a glassed-in fitness room, massage and beauty salon; the aft lounge with modern wicker furniture and French doors to enjoy the fresh river air.
* ELEVATOR: Each ship has an elevator, which very few river cruise ships feature. The elevator reaches four different levels: the Restaurant level (1), the Staterooms on the Cello Deck (2), the Lobby and Panorama Lounge (3) and the Staterooms on the Violin Deck (4).
* INFOTAINMENT SYSTEMS: Every stateroom is equipped with monitor, keyboard with Internet access, English language TV stations, a large movie selection and numerous music programs. Our satellite telephone system allows you to call home for a nominal fee.
* STATEROOMS: Inside your exquisitely decorated stateroom, you'll find all the amenities of a fine hotel with white-on-white plush bedding, a cozy sitting area, Infotainment System, hair dryer, safe, terry bathrobes, individually controlled air-conditioning and ample closet space. All staterooms and Jr. Suites are outside; over 82% feature large French balconies, which are a true delight when relaxing in your stateroom.
* JUNIOR SUITES: Although rarely found on European river cruise ships, Junior Suites aboard our ships are extra spacious at 255 square feet. They feature a comfortable sitting area with a sofa and two chairs, floor-to-ceiling windows with French balconies and luxurious, extra spacious bathrooms with bathtubs and showers. The suites sell quickly, so early reservations are recommended.
Built in: Holland
Length: 360 feet
Width: 38 feet
Crew: 41 (European)
Jr. Suites: 4
Ship Registry: Built in Switzerland
Home port: Basel
170 sq. feet. 6 cabins on Piano Deck. Picture window, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #108-113.
170 sq. feet. 7 cabins on Piano Deck. Picture window, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #101-107.
170 sq. feet. 6 cabins on Cello Deck. French balcony, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #225-230.
170 sq. feet. 24 cabins on Cello Deck. French balcony, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #201-224.
170 sq. feet. 28 cabins on Violin Deck. French balcony, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #305-332.
255 sq. feet. 4 cabins on Violin Deck. French balcony, sitting area, bathtub and shower, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #310-304.