Blue Danube Discovery and Prague« All MS Amacerto cruise options
- Day 1 Arrive Budapest, Hungary
- Day 2 Exploring Budapest
- Day 3 Free Morning Budapest / Embark
- Day 4 Bratislava, Slovakia / Vienna, Austria
- Day 5 Exploring Vienna
- Day 6 Durnstein / Melk
- Day 7 Linz / Passau, Germany
- Day 8 Regensburg
- Day 9 Nuremberg
- Day 10 Nuremberg / Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic / Prague
- Day 11 Exploring Prague
- Day 12 Free Day Prague
- Day 13 Depart Prague / Return Home
|Dates||Deck + Cabin Type|
|Cat E||Cat D||Cat C||Cat BB||Cat BA||Cat AB||Cat AA||Suite|
|Sep 28 '13
|Port charges: $147 per person|
|Oct 12 '13
|Port charges: $147 per person|
|Oct 26 '13
|Port charges: $147 per person|
Day 1 Arrive Budapest, Hungary
Arrive in Budapest and transfer to your hotel. The remainder of the day is free to relax or begin exploring this beautiful city.
Day 2 Exploring Budapest
Morning sightseeing includes historic Buda Castle, where you have a splendid view of the twin cities of Buda and Pest spread over both banks of the river. Your tour also features 500-year-old Matthias Church, St. Stephen's Basilica, distinctive Fisherman's Bastion, the marvelous Royal Palace and much more. The balance of the day is at your leisure. Perhaps explore the main square, ancient Buda, or stroll through the Statue Park. (B)
Day 3 Free Morning Budapest / Embark
Enjoy a free morning in Budapest or join us on an optional Puszta excursion. This afternoon, transfer to your luxurious river cruise ship docked in the center of the city. Tonight, gather on board for a Gala Welcome Dinner, as your ship cruises overnight to Bratislava. (B,D)
Day 4 Bratislava, Slovakia / Vienna, Austria
A guided morning tour of Bratislava reveals the city's major sights, including the Old Town Hall, the stunning Mirbach Palace and the Gothic St. Martin's Cathedral. The afternoon is free to shop or explore on your own. Perhaps, visit the 13th century Bratislava Castle where you'll enjoy breathtaking views overlooking three countries - Slovakia, Austria and Hungary. An eventful day is followed by an evening filled with an enchanting music performance on board. After midnight the ship departs for Vienna. (B,L,D)
Day 5 Exploring Vienna
A wonderful day to savour the baroque romance of Vienna. On your guided sightseeing tour, you will see the lavish Hofburg Palace, the impressive Vienna Opera House, the majestic Ringstrasse, awe-inspiring St. Stephen's Cathedral and also visit the National Library. The afternoon is free to stroll along Kärntnerstrasse or sample Vienna's famous pastries. Tonight, explore the vibrant Austrian capital on your own, or come along for an optional Mozart and Strauss concert (B,L,D)
Day 6 Durnstein / Melk
Early this morning reach the Wachau Valley. Stop in Dürnstein and marvel at the magnificent blue façade of the baroque Stiftskirche. Above town you will spot the ruins of the castle where Richard the Lionheart, King of England, was imprisoned in 1192. Your walking tour through medieval cobblestone streets reveals 16th-century town houses and wine taverns. At lunchtime, continue on a short cruise to Melk. A guided tour takes you to the town's magnificent Benedictine Abbey, one of Europe's largest baroque monasteries. An evening wine tasting highlights your visit to the Wachau Valley. (B,L,D)
Day 7 Linz / Passau, Germany
After breakfast, take an optional full-day excursion to fascinating Salzburg and the Sound of Music sights, or cruise through Upper Austria to Passau in Germany. In Passau the rivers Inn and Ilz join the Danube. During your walking tour, gaze at this fairy-tale city founded more than 2,000 ago. (B,L,D)
Day 8 Regensburg
Afternoon arrival in Regensburg, one of Germany's best preserved medieval cities. A guided tour will show you the city's architectural highlights, including the Old Town Hall, and the Porta Pretoria - a gateway to an ancient Roman fort built in 179 AD. Marvel at beautiful churches and one of the oldest bridges crossing the Danube. Tonight, folklore entertainers will come on board for your delight. (B,L,D)
Day 9 Nuremberg
This morning enter the Main-Danube Canal and relax during a leisurely cruise through the beautiful Altmühl Valley. The Main-Danube Canal straddles the Franconian Alps via 16 locks, truly a fascinating feat of modern engineering. In the afternoon enjoy a guided tour of Nuremberg, capital of Franconia. See the storybook 900-year old ramparts that surround this historic city, the Imperial Castle and the Justice Palace where the War Crimes Tribunal sat in 1946. Moor overnight in Nuremberg. (B,L,D)
Day 10 Nuremberg / Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic / Prague
This morning, depart Nuremberg after breakfast and drive through the pastoral countryside to Karlovy Vary, better known by its German name, Carlsbad, and most famous for its Bohemian spa. After lunch, continue to Prague and check into the hotel. (B)
Day 11 Exploring Prague
This morning's sightseeing reveals why Prague is considered one of Europe's most attractive cities. Visit the 1,000 year-old Hradcany Castle courtyard and St. Vitus, then walk over the Charles Bridge to the Old Market Square. The evening is free to mix with the locals at Wenceslas Square, shop for souvenirs or enjoy one of the charming cafés or restaurants. (B)
Day 12 Free Day Prague
Today is a free day to relax or visit a museum or a gallery, wander along the banks of the Vlatava River, dine at an outdoor restaurant or shop for local handicrafts and art work. Why not join the optional tour to Terezin, the infamous Nazi WWII concentration camp, now a memorial to those who perished. (B)
Day 13 Depart Prague / Return Home
Bid farewell to Prague and transfer to the airport for your return flight home. Extra nights are available if you wish to extend your stay in Europe. (B)
Itinerary NotesPlease note: Cruise fare does not include port charges, please add $147 per person
- 2 Nights Hotel Accommodation in Budapest including daily Buffet Breakfast
- Transfer from the hotel to the ship in Budapest
- 7 Nights Deluxe Cruise Accommodation in an Outside Stateroom - 82% of the Staterooms with large French Balconies (Twin Balconies on select vessels)
- Daily Sightseeing Program as outlined in the Itinerary
- Infotainment System in all Staterooms with Free Internet, Hit Movies, Music Library and English Language TV Stations
- Terry Bathrobes and White-on-white plush Bedding in all Staterooms
- Superb Dining with all Meals included during your Cruise
- Multiple Dining Venues on select vessels
- Free-flowing Red & White Wines from Europe's great Wine Regions, beer and soft drinks with every Dinner on board the Ship
- Bottled Water in every stateroom replenished daily
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner & Captain's Gala Dinner
- 3 Nights Hotel Accommodation in Prague including daily Buffet Breakfast
- Special Highlights including Lectures, Theme Dinners, Cooking Demonstration, onboard Music Performances and afternoon & evening Piano Music
- Use of Bicycles to explore on your own
- Services of Professional Cruise Manager
- All English Language on board in a non-smoking Environment (smoking permitted only on the Sun Deck)
- All Transfers with the Purchase of Cruise, Land & Air package
- All local Taxes
Deposit & Payment
Initial deposit is $600, and most travelers will call our office and pay the deposit with a credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, AmEx, and Discover. Alternatively, you can send a check to our Missoula, Montana, office or register online at: https://www.adventure-life.com/forms/fourways.php
Final payment is due 100 days prior to departure.
Final payment by bank transfer, check or Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Amex.
Booking last minute? No problem! Please contact one of our trip planners, and we can get you on your way if booking less than 100 days prior to departure.
Click here to see a copy of our Terms and Conditions.
|Days Prior to departure||Fee|
|121 days or more||$400 per person|
|120-90 days||$600 per person|
|89-60 days||40% trip cost|
|59-30 days||55% trip cost|
|29-0 days||100% trip cost|
- Ship Highlights
- Passengers : 164
- River Cruise Ship
Inspired by classic ocean yachts, the Amacerto will provide the most distinctive river cruise experience. A magnificent glass elevator is one of the unique design elements found onboard, as well as exclusive “Twin Balconies”. The beautifully-decorated and spacious accommodations range in size up to 350 sq. ft. Relax in a heated Sun Deck swimming pool with a “swim-up” bar; enjoy Chaîne des Rôtisseurs culinary creations in five dining venues. The ship also features a Fitness Center, Massage, Hair and Beauty salon; complimentary Internet access and first-run Hollywood movies; plus a fleet of bicycles to enhance your river cruise experience.
Amacerto's Public Areas
- Multiple outdoor decks offering unimpeded panoramic views
- Sundecks with lounge chairs and retractable roof
- Main Lounge with bar, piano and dance floor
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the vessel
- 24-hour specialty coffee and tea station
- Heated pool with “swim up” bar and whirlpool
- Gift Shop and Fireside Library
- Fitness Room
- Massage and Hair Salon
- Bicycles onboard
- Glass Elevator
- Walking track
- Wine Bar
164 guests will be accommodated in 8 different types of staterooms, all with stunning views of the passing scenery. - All outside staterooms with the distinctive “Twin Balcony” concept for majority of staterooms
- “Twin Balconies” are 235 and 210 sq. ft. and French Balcony Staterooms are 170 sq. ft.
- In room safe, hair dryer, full-length mirror, ample closet space and direct dial telephone
- All staterooms have AmaWaterways’ exclusive Infotainment system, including complimentary Internet access, first run Hollywood movies and music library
- Flat-screen Televisions with local and satellite channels
- Hotel-style white on white, plush bedding and terry bathrobes
- Spacious bathrooms with multi-jet showerheads
- Complimentary bottled water replenished daily
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Extra spacious Suites are 350 sq. ft. with exclusive “Twin Balcony” and mini-bar
- Enhanced sitting area in Suites featuring a sofa and two chairs
- Suites have expansive bathroom with a bathtub and separate shower
Dining and Cuisine
Amacerto offers an array of dining options for your culinary enjoyment. Enjoy Chaîne des Rôtisseurs culinary creations in the main dining room or in the Chef's Table restaurant with its own private chef, two "Wine Bar" venues, plus a casual al fresco bistro. On select days, guests can enjoy a lunch outdoors on the Sun Deck.
Complimentary Bicycles & Bike Tours
Take advantage of your ship's concept of putting bicycles aboard river cruise ships in Europe. The idea sprung from the fact that so many of Europe's rivers are lined with paths that are perfect for pedaling. The Amacerto carries more than two dozen bicycles and plenty of safety helmets that are free for you to use. The bicycles give you the freedom to venture out and explore the riverside bikeways. Or, meander through quaint cobblestone streets. The bikes are set up and ready for use as soon as the ship docks.
Piano Deck, Fixed Window. 148 sq.ft.
Piano Deck, Fixed Windows. 148 sq.ft.
Violin & Cello Deck, French Balcony. 170 sq.ft.
Cello Deck, French & Outside Balcony. 210 sq.ft.
Violin Deck. French & Outside Balcony. 210 sq.ft.
Cello Deck. French & Outside Balcony. 235 sq.ft.
Violin Deck. French & Outside Balcony. 235 sq.ft.
Violin Deck. French & Outside Balcony. 350 sq.ft.