The Melodies of the Danube - Cruise Only« All MS Amacerto cruise options
|Dates||Deck + Cabin Type|
|Cat E||Cat D||Cat C||Cat BB||Cat BA||Cat AB||Cat AA||Suite|
|Jun 10 '13
|Port charges: $147 per person|
Jun 24 '13
Jul 22 '13
Aug 5 '13
Aug 19 '13
|Port charges: $147 per person|
Day 1 Budapest, Hungary
Arrive in Budapest and transfer to your luxurious river cruise ship. This evening, meet your fellow travelers at the Welcome Cocktail Reception followed by dinner. (D)
Day 2 Budapest
This morning, your sightseeing tour takes you to historic Buda Castle from where you can enjoy a splendid view of the twin cities of Buda and Pest spread over both banks of the River. Your tour also features the distinctive Fisherman's Bastion, the Royal Palace and St. Stephen's Basilica. (B,L,D)
Day 3 Bratislava, Slovakia / Vienna, Austria
Wake up this morning in Bratislava, capital of the Slovak Republic. Choose from a “Communist Tour” or a walking tour of the city's major sights, including the Old Town Hall, the stunning Mirbach Palace and Gothic St. Martin's Cathedral. Later, there is time to explore on your own, before cruising this afternoon to Vienna. Perhaps, venture into the historic city center, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Tonight, explore the vibrant capital on your own or enjoy an optional evening Mozart and Strauss concert. (B,L,D)
Day 4 Vienna / Heuriger
Your guided city tour is followed by free time in the city center, then a walking tour from St. Stephen’s Cathedral. Enjoy an optional excursion to the Schönbrunn Palace and the Carriage Museum. You will have free time to stroll along the main shopping street, Kärntnerstrasse, or sample some of Vienna's famous pastries. After dinner, enjoy a traditional Heuriger visit to a wine village near Vienna for some music and casual wine tasting. (B,L,D)
Day 5 Dürnstein / Melk
This morning you arrive in Dürnstein, where you will marvel at the magnificent blue façade of the baroque Stiftskirche. Above town you'll spot the ruins of the castle where Richard the Lionheart, King of England, was imprisoned in 1192. Your walking tour through medieval cobblestone streets reveals 16th-century town houses and wine taverns. Your tour will also include a wine tasting at a local vintner. After lunch, you will cruise the Wachau Valley to Melk, location of the famous Benedictine Abbey, one of Europe's largest baroque monasteries, which you will tour this afternoon. You may also choose a guided bicycle ride from Durnstein to Melk (capacity controlled). The ship moors overnight at Melk. (B,L,D)
Day 6 Linz / Gmunden
This morning, the ship arrives in Linz, the second largest city in Austria. You will enjoy brunch on board, followed by a walking tour of this historic city. This afternoon we visit the scenic “Salzkammergut” region, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Austrian Lake District and the town of Gmunden, on the beautiful “Traunsee” Lake Traun. Here there is time to enjoy a scenic cruise across the lake. For the more adventurous, you can take a cable car ride up Grünberg Mountain for spectacular views over the lake. Those passengers not wishing to visit the Lake District can join an excursion to the Czech town of Cesky Krumlov. This is a wonderfully preserved medieval town, nestled in the hills just over the Austrian-Czech border. Also available is an optional excursion to Salzburg, birthplace of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and setting for the “Sound of Music". (B,L,D)
Day 7 Linz / Passau, Germany / Vilshofen
Early this morning, cruise through Upper Austria to Passau in Germany, where, the rivers Inn and Ilz join the Danube. Your city tour takes you on an exploration of this fairy-tale city founded more than 2,000 years ago. This afternoon, the ship cruises to Vilshofen, a charming 1200-year-old Bavarian town, on the confluence of the river Vils and the Danube. This afternoon, enjoy “Oktoberfest” in Vilshofen. Relax at long tables and benches, enjoy traditional beers accompanied by Bavarian folk music, song and dance. (B,L,D)
Day 8 Vilshofen / Disembark
This morning disembark the ship, departing Vilshofen after breakfast for your return flight home.
Itinerary NotesPlease note: Cruise fares do not include port charges, please add $147 per person.
- 7 Nights Deluxe Cruise Accommodation in an Outside Stateroom - 82% of the Staterooms with large French Balconies (Twin Balconies on select vessels)
- Daily Sightseeing Program as outlined in the Itinerary
- Infotainment System in all Staterooms with Free Internet, Hit Movies, Music Library and English Language TV Stations
- Terry Bathrobes and White-on-white plush Bedding in all Staterooms
- Superb Dining with all Meals included during your Cruise
- Multiple Dining Venues on select vessels
- Free-flowing Red & White Wines from Europe's great Wine Regions, beer and soft drinks with every Dinner on board the Ship
- Bottled Water in every stateroom replenished daily
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner & Captain's Gala Dinner
- Special Highlights including Lectures, Theme Dinners, Cooking Demonstration, onboard Music Performances and afternoon & evening Piano Music
- Use of Bicycles to explore on your own
- Services of Professional Cruise Manager
- All English Language on board in a non-smoking Environment (smoking permitted only on the Sun Deck)
- All Transfers with the Purchase of Cruise, Land & Air package
- All local Taxes
Deposit & Payment
Initial deposit is $600, and most travelers will call our office and pay the deposit with a credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, AmEx, and Discover. Alternatively, you can send a check to our Missoula, Montana, office or register online at: https://www.adventure-life.com/forms/fourways.php
Final payment is due 100 days prior to departure.
Final payment by bank transfer, check or Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Amex.
Booking last minute? No problem! Please contact one of our trip planners, and we can get you on your way if booking less than 100 days prior to departure.
Click here to see a copy of our Terms and Conditions.
|Days Prior to departure||Fee|
|121 days or more||$400 per person|
|120-90 days||$600 per person|
|89-60 days||40% trip cost|
|59-30 days||55% trip cost|
|29-0 days||100% trip cost|
- Ship Highlights
- Passengers : 164
- River Cruise Ship
Inspired by classic ocean yachts, the Amacerto will provide the most distinctive river cruise experience. A magnificent glass elevator is one of the unique design elements found onboard, as well as exclusive “Twin Balconies”. The beautifully-decorated and spacious accommodations range in size up to 350 sq. ft. Relax in a heated Sun Deck swimming pool with a “swim-up” bar; enjoy Chaîne des Rôtisseurs culinary creations in five dining venues. The ship also features a Fitness Center, Massage, Hair and Beauty salon; complimentary Internet access and first-run Hollywood movies; plus a fleet of bicycles to enhance your river cruise experience.
Amacerto's Public Areas
- Multiple outdoor decks offering unimpeded panoramic views
- Sundecks with lounge chairs and retractable roof
- Main Lounge with bar, piano and dance floor
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the vessel
- 24-hour specialty coffee and tea station
- Heated pool with “swim up” bar and whirlpool
- Gift Shop and Fireside Library
- Fitness Room
- Massage and Hair Salon
- Bicycles onboard
- Glass Elevator
- Walking track
- Wine Bar
164 guests will be accommodated in 8 different types of staterooms, all with stunning views of the passing scenery. - All outside staterooms with the distinctive “Twin Balcony” concept for majority of staterooms
- “Twin Balconies” are 235 and 210 sq. ft. and French Balcony Staterooms are 170 sq. ft.
- In room safe, hair dryer, full-length mirror, ample closet space and direct dial telephone
- All staterooms have AmaWaterways’ exclusive Infotainment system, including complimentary Internet access, first run Hollywood movies and music library
- Flat-screen Televisions with local and satellite channels
- Hotel-style white on white, plush bedding and terry bathrobes
- Spacious bathrooms with multi-jet showerheads
- Complimentary bottled water replenished daily
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Extra spacious Suites are 350 sq. ft. with exclusive “Twin Balcony” and mini-bar
- Enhanced sitting area in Suites featuring a sofa and two chairs
- Suites have expansive bathroom with a bathtub and separate shower
Dining and Cuisine
Amacerto offers an array of dining options for your culinary enjoyment. Enjoy Chaîne des Rôtisseurs culinary creations in the main dining room or in the Chef's Table restaurant with its own private chef, two "Wine Bar" venues, plus a casual al fresco bistro. On select days, guests can enjoy a lunch outdoors on the Sun Deck.
Complimentary Bicycles & Bike Tours
Take advantage of your ship's concept of putting bicycles aboard river cruise ships in Europe. The idea sprung from the fact that so many of Europe's rivers are lined with paths that are perfect for pedaling. The Amacerto carries more than two dozen bicycles and plenty of safety helmets that are free for you to use. The bicycles give you the freedom to venture out and explore the riverside bikeways. Or, meander through quaint cobblestone streets. The bikes are set up and ready for use as soon as the ship docks.
Piano Deck, Fixed Window. 148 sq.ft.
Piano Deck, Fixed Windows. 148 sq.ft.
Violin & Cello Deck, French Balcony. 170 sq.ft.
Cello Deck, French & Outside Balcony. 210 sq.ft.
Violin Deck. French & Outside Balcony. 210 sq.ft.
Cello Deck. French & Outside Balcony. 235 sq.ft.
Violin Deck. French & Outside Balcony. 235 sq.ft.
Violin Deck. French & Outside Balcony. 350 sq.ft.