Tulip Time Cruise« All MS Amadante cruise options
|Dates||Deck + Cabin Type|
|Cat E||Cat D||Cat C||Cat B||Cat A||Junior Suite|
Day 1 Arrive Amsterdam, Netherlands / Embark
Welcome to Amsterdam, a modern city with a rich and fascinating history. Explore the 700-year-old European capital with its elegant and classic architecture, cafés, lively marketplaces and exciting nightlife. This evening meet your fellow passengers on board for the Welcome Reception and Dinner. (D)
Day 2 Amsterdam / Volendam / Edam
After breakfast, enjoy a comprehensive and scenic morning cruise through the historic harbor and canals of Amsterdam. See the beautiful homes that line the water, the fabled Skinny Bridge, and the famous Anne Frank House. Then, enjoy a panoramic city tour, where you will see the Rembrandt Windmill and other great landmarks of Amsterdam. Return to the ship for a scenic lunch, while you cruise the Ijsselmeer towards Volendam. Enjoy a late afternoon tour of Volendam Harbor to see the fish auction building, Old Quarter and famous churches. Continue by motor coach to the Village of Edam where you will sample some of its famous cheese. Another afternoon option is to enjoy a scenic bicycle ride through North Holland. (B,L,D)
Day 3 Arnhem / Nijmegen
Arrive in beautiful Arnhem early this morning and see the site of the Battle of Arnhem Bridge featured in the classic film “A Bridge Too Far” during Operation Market Garden in World War II. Then visit the Airborne Museum, which shows the course of events during the Battle of Arnhem. Enjoy scenic cruising this evening as you sail through Holland, and on to Belgium. (B,L,D)
Day 4 Antwerp, Belgium
This morning, enjoy a walking tour of Antwerp. See the Antwerp Castle, Grote Market, Brabo Fountain and city's superb architecture. In the alternative, visit the Rubens House, former home and studio of Peter Paul Rubens, the famous 17th-century Flemish Baroque Painter. Afterwards, you will visit the Antwerp Cathedral which features two of Rubens’ most important works, the Elevation of the Cross and the Descent from the Cross. The afternoon is free to explore Antwerp on your own or take an optional excursion to nearby Brussels. During dinner, your cruise departs for Ghent. (B,L,D)
Day 5 Ghent, Belgium
After breakfast take a guided sightseeing tour of Ghent, the fourth largest city of Belgium. Begin your walking tour from the Belfry Tower and see picturesque highlights such as the Koornlei, the Graslei, and the Castle of the Counts. The afternoon is yours to explore Ghent at leisure or to take an optional excursion to Brugge, which is one of Europe's most perfectly preserved medieval cities. Brugge’s historical city center is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. (B,L,D)
Day 6 Willemstad / Kinderdijk / Schoonhoven
This morning, cruise through the Dutch region of Zeeland, home to one of the world’s most complex engineering projects, the Delta Works, which took more than 30 years to complete. Stop in charming 400-year old Willemstad for a walking tour and private organ recital at the oldest Protestant church in Holland. As an alternative, take a guided bicycle tour of Willemstad (capacity controlled). In the afternoon, you will visit Kinderdijk, a lovely region renowned for having the greatest concentration of windmills in the entire country. Tonight, enjoy a special onboard musical performance as the ship cruises to Schoonhoven. (B,L,D)
Day 7 Utrecht / Keukenhof / Amsterdam
During breakfast, enjoy some scenic cruising along the Amsterdam-Rhine Canal to Utrecht. Admire the spectacular display of bulb flowers in bloom during your morning excursion to the famous Keukenhof Gardens where you will be delighted to find millions of flowering tulips all over the 70-acre park. The rest of the day is for you to enjoy at your leisure. (B,L,D)
Day 8 Disembark Amsterdam / Return Home
Disembark after breakfast for your transfer to the airport. (B)
Itinerary NotesPlease note: Cruise fare does not include port charges.
- 7 Nights Deluxe Cruise Accommodation in an Outside Stateroom - 82% of the Staterooms with large French Balconies (Twin Balconies on select vessels)
- Daily Sightseeing Program as outlined in the Itinerary
- Infotainment System in all Staterooms with Free Internet, Hit Movies, Music Library and English Language TV Stations
- Terry Bathrobes and White-on-white plush Bedding in all Staterooms
- Superb Dining with all Meals included during your Cruise
- Multiple Dining Venues on select vessels
- Free-flowing Red & White Wines from Europe's great Wine Regions, beer and soft drinks with every Dinner on board the Ship
- Bottled Water in every stateroom replenished daily
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner & Captain's Gala Dinner
- Special Highlights including Lectures, Theme Dinners, Cooking Demonstration, onboard Music Performances and afternoon & evening Piano Music
- Use of Bicycles to explore on your own
- Services of Professional Cruise Manager
- All English Language on board in a non-smoking Environment (smoking permitted only on the Sun Deck)
- All local Taxes
Deposit & Payment
Initial deposit is $600, and most travelers will call our office and pay the deposit with a credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, AmEx, and Discover. Alternatively, you can send a check to our Missoula, Montana, office or register online at: https://www.adventure-life.com/forms/fourways.php
Final payment is due 100 days prior to departure.
Final payment by bank transfer, check or Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Amex.
Booking last minute? No problem! Please contact one of our trip planners, and we can get you on your way if booking less than 100 days prior to departure.
Click here to see a copy of our Terms and Conditions.
|Days Prior to departure||Fee|
|121 days or more||$400 per person|
|120-90 days||$600 per person|
|89-60 days||40% trip cost|
|59-30 days||55% trip cost|
|29-0 days||100% trip cost|
- Ship Highlights
- Passengers : 148
- River Cruise Ship
Launched in 2008, the MS Amadante is part of the newest, state-of-the-art fleet of river cruise vessels in Europe. This vessel sets new standards in European river cruising and offers a number of features which no other European river cruise ship can match. The MS Amadante carries 148 passengers in unequaled luxury, comfort and style and is staffed by a highly-trained professional crew, with an ongoing emphasis on personal service.
This vessel features an array of amenities specifically designed for comfort, convenience and luxury on the great waterways of Europe.
The latest high-tech features onboard:
* BICYCLES: Each ship has plenty of bicycles onboard which can be used by passengers, free of charge, to explore the small towns. Most regions offer well-maintained bicycle paths along the river.
* WELLNESS AREA: Located in the aft area of the Violin Deck, this generously designed space includes a glassed-in fitness room, massage and beauty salon; the aft lounge with modern wicker furniture and French doors to enjoy the fresh river air.
* ELEVATOR: Each ship has an elevator, which very few river cruise ships feature. The elevator reaches four different levels: the Restaurant level (1), the Staterooms on the Cello Deck (2), the Lobby and Panorama Lounge (3) and the Staterooms on the Violin Deck (4).
* INFOTAINMENT SYSTEMS: Every stateroom is equipped with monitor, keyboard with Internet access, English language TV stations, a large movie selection and numerous music programs. Our satellite telephone system allows you to call home for a nominal fee.
* STATEROOMS: Inside your exquisitely decorated stateroom, you'll find all the amenities of a fine hotel with white-on-white plush bedding, a cozy sitting area, Infotainment System, hair dryer, safe, terry bathrobes, individually controlled air-conditioning and ample closet space. All staterooms and Jr. Suites are outside; over 82% feature large French balconies, which are a true delight when relaxing in your stateroom.
* JUNIOR SUITES: Although rarely found on European river cruise ships, Junior Suites aboard our ships are extra spacious at 255 square feet. They feature a comfortable sitting area with a sofa and two chairs, floor-to-ceiling windows with French balconies and luxurious, extra spacious bathrooms with bathtubs and showers. The suites sell quickly, so early reservations are recommended.
Built in: Holland
Length: 360 feet
Width: 38 feet
Crew: 41 (European)
Jr. Suites: 4
Ship Registry: Built in Switzerland
Home port: Basel
170 sq. feet. 6 cabins on Piano Deck. Picture window, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #108-113.
170 sq. feet. 7 cabins on Piano Deck. Picture window, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #101-107.
170 sq. feet. 6 cabins on Cello Deck. French balcony, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #225-230.
170 sq. feet. 24 cabins on Cello Deck. French balcony, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #201-224.
170 sq. feet. 28 cabins on Violin Deck. French balcony, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #305-332.
255 sq. feet. 4 cabins on Violin Deck. French balcony, sitting area, bathtub and shower, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #310-304.