Black Sea Voyage and Istanbul« All MS Amadolce cruise options
- Day 1 Arrive Vienna, Austria
- Day 2 Exploring Vienna
- Day 3 Budapest / Embark
- Day 4 Mohacs / Pecs / Vukovar, Croatia
- Day 5 Vukovar / Novi Sad, Serbia
- Day 6 Belgrade
- Day 7 Cruising through the Iron Gates
- Day 8 Vidin, Bulgaria
- Day 9 Giurgiu / Bucharest, Romania
- Day 10 Rousse / Veliko Tarnovo / Plovdiv
- Day 11 Erdine, Turkey / Istanbul
- Day 12 Exploring Istanbul
- Day 13 Touring Istanbul
- Day 14 Return Home
|Dates||Deck + Cabin Type|
|Category E||Category D||Category C||Category B||Category A||Junior Suite|
Day 1 Arrive Vienna, Austria
Arrive in Vienna, Austria and transfer to the hotel.
Day 2 Exploring Vienna
A wonderful day to savour the baroque romance of Vienna. On your guided sightseeing tour, you will see the lavish Hofburg Palace, the impressive Vienna Opera House, the majestic Ringstrasse, awe-inspiring St. Stephen's Cathedral and also visit the National Library. The afternoon is free to stroll along Kärntnerstrasse or sample Vienna's famous pastries. Tonight, explore the vibrant Austrian capital on your own, or come along for an optional Mozart and Strauss concert.
Day 3 Budapest / Embark
Transfer from Vienna in time to enjoy a free morning in Budapest or join us on an optional Puszta excursion. This afternoon, transfer to your luxurious river cruise ship docked in the center of the city. Tonight, gather on board for a Gala Welcome Dinner, as your ship cruises overnight to Bratislava.
Day 4 Mohacs / Pecs / Vukovar, Croatia
This morning, the ship arrives in Mohacs, where you depart for an interesting excursion to Pecs. Charming Old Pecs will be brought alive by your local guides during your walking tour. See the Synagogue, Christian Basilica and visit the former Turkish Mosque. Once your ship exits Hungary, the Danube will make up the border between Serbia on one side and Croatia on the other. Tonight, arrive in Vukovar, Croatia.
Day 5 Vukovar / Novi Sad, Serbia
This morning, a guided bus and walking tour of Vukovar will show you the Franciscan Monastery of St. John Capistrano, the Manorhouse Eltz and the St. James and St. Nicholas churches. During lunch, continue your cruise to Novi Sad, Serbia, where you will tour the 18th-Century Austrian-Hungarian Petrovaradin Fortress.
Day 6 Belgrade
This morning, arrive in Belgrade, the capital of Serbia, where you have a chance to explore both the old and the new town. Your guided tour features Tito's memorial, the Town Hall, the Federal Parliament Building, Terazije Street, Republic Square and Mihajlova street, "Varos" Gate and the mighty Kalemegdan Fortress.
Day 7 Cruising through the Iron Gates
Today, enjoy a full day of cruising through one of Europe's most awe-inspiring natural wonders, the Iron Gates. Here the Danube narrows, as it winds through a range of magnificent gorges between the southern Carpathian Mountains and the northwestern foothills of the Balkan Mountains. Forming the natural border between Serbia and Romania, today’s passage will be an unforgettable highlight of your Black Sea adventure.
Day 8 Vidin, Bulgaria
The "Bada Vida" Fortress sits guard over the Danube at the Bulgarian frontier town of Vidin. The 14th-century castle has massive walls and dark towers, which strongly contrast the natural park which surrounds the castle. From here, take an excursion to Belogradschik, a beautifully restored 6th-century castle, located in a fairytale landscape of unusual rock formations.
Day 9 Giurgiu / Bucharest, Romania
Today, enjoy a full day excursion to Bucharest, capital and largest city in Romania. The city is famed for its Belle Epoque era buildings dating from the 19th century. During the morning city tour, you will see the Arch of Triumph, Soseaua Kiseleff, the Athenaeum, the Library and visit the Parliament Palace - the world's largest palace. Enjoy lunch in a typical Romanian restaurant, then choose to shop, explore on your own or visit the open air museum, which was dedicated to the traditional architecture and buildings of rural Romania.
Day 10 Rousse / Veliko Tarnovo / Plovdiv
This morning, disembark in Rousse and continue your tour by motorcoach. Your first stop is the ancient capital of Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo. Here you will tour Tsarevets Hill, the citadel of the city, the old fortress walls, the Royal Palaces, the Patriarchal church and Baldwin's Tower. Shoppers can explore the traditional street market, Samovodska Charshia. Enjoy a traditional Bulgarian lunch before continuing onto Plovdiv.
Day 11 Erdine, Turkey / Istanbul
Stop in Erdine, Turkey, a historic city which was the second capital of the Ottoman empire. Enjoy a local lunch in this historic town before continuing on your journey to Istanbul.
Day 12 Exploring Istanbul
This morning's comprehensive city tour will show you the old city, with its numerous Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman monuments of her historic past. Admire the mighty defensive walls, the Roman aqueduct and the hippodrome. See the Suleymaniye Mosque, the church of the Pantocrator and the Galata Tower, and tour the Blue Mosque. Later, you can explore the town on your own or choose from from various optionals that will be offered.
Day 13 Touring Istanbul
Today, your guided sightseeing tour will take you to the Ottoman Sultans' Grand Palace of Topkapi, home to every single Sultan from the 15th century until the end of the 19th century. During your tour, admire the private chambers of the Sultans, marvel at the world famous Harem and also see the treasury, home to the Topkapi Diamond. This afternoon, enjoy an optional Bosporus cruise or use the remainder of the day to shop for souvenirs or relax at one of the charming tea houses or restaurants. This evening, you may wish to join some your fellow passengers for the optional Istanbul By Night where you will enjoy a belly dancing show with dinner.
Day 14 Return Home
After breakfast, transfer to the airport for your flight home.
Itinerary NotesPlease note: Cruise fares do not include port charges, please add $147 per person.
- 2 Nights Hotel Accommodation in Vienna including daily Buffet Breakfast (Budapest is also available; ask for details)
- Transfer from the hotel in Vienna to the ship in Budapest
- 7 Nights Deluxe Cruise Accommodation in an Outside Stateroom - 82% of the Staterooms with large French Balconies (Twin Balconies on select vessels)
- Daily Sightseeing Program as outlined in the Itinerary
- Infotainment System in all Staterooms with Free Internet, Hit Movies, Music Library and English Language TV Stations
- Terry Bathrobes and White-on-white plush Bedding in all Staterooms
- Superb Dining with all Meals included during your Cruise
- Multiple Dining Venues on select vessels
- Free-flowing Red & White Wines from Europe's great Wine Regions, beer and soft drinks with every Dinner on board the Ship
- Bottled Water in every stateroom replenished daily
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner & Captain's Gala Dinner
- Fully escorted Motor coach Tour from the Ship in Rousse, Bulgaria to Istanbul
- 1-Night Hotel Accommodation in Plovdiv including Buffet Breakfast
- 3 Nights Hotel Accommodation in Istanbul including daily Buffet Breakfast
- Special Highlights including Lectures, Theme Dinners, Cooking Demonstration, onboard Music Performances and afternoon & evening Piano Music
- Use of Bicycles to explore on your own
- Services of Professional Cruise Manager
- All English Language on board in a non-smoking Environment (smoking permitted only on the Sun Deck)
- All Transfers with the Purchase of Cruise, Land & Air package
- All local Taxes
Deposit & Payment
Initial deposit is $600, and most travelers will call our office and pay the deposit with a credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, AmEx, and Discover. Alternatively, you can send a check to our Missoula, Montana, office or register online at: https://www.adventure-life.com/forms/fourways.php
Final payment is due 100 days prior to departure.
Final payment by bank transfer, check or Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Amex.
Booking last minute? No problem! Please contact one of our trip planners, and we can get you on your way if booking less than 100 days prior to departure.
Click here to see a copy of our Terms and Conditions.
|Days Prior to departure||Fee|
|121 days or more||$400 per person|
|120-90 days||$600 per person|
|89-60 days||40% trip cost|
|59-30 days||55% trip cost|
|29-0 days||100% trip cost|
- Ship Highlights
- Passengers : 148
- River Cruise Ship
Launched in 2009, the MS Amadolce is part of the newest, state-of-the-art fleet of river cruise vessels in Europe. This vessel sets new standards in European river cruising and offers a number of features which no other European river cruise ship can match. The MS Amadolce carries 148 passengers in unequaled luxury, comfort and style and is staffed by a highly-trained professional crew, with an ongoing emphasis on personal service.
This vessel features an array of amenities specifically designed for comfort, convenience and luxury on the great waterways of Europe.
The latest high-tech features onboard:
* BICYCLES: Each ship has plenty of bicycles onboard which can be used by passengers, free of charge, to explore the small towns. Most regions offer well-maintained bicycle paths along the river.
* WELLNESS AREA: Located in the aft area of the Violin Deck, this generously designed space includes a glassed-in fitness room, massage and beauty salon; the aft lounge with modern wicker furniture and French doors to enjoy the fresh river air.
* ELEVATOR: Each ship has an elevator, which very few river cruise ships feature. The elevator reaches four different levels: the Restaurant level (1), the Staterooms on the Cello Deck (2), the Lobby and Panorama Lounge (3) and the Staterooms on the Violin Deck (4).
* INFOTAINMENT SYSTEMS: Every stateroom is equipped with monitor, keyboard with Internet access, English language TV stations, a large movie selection and numerous music programs. Our satellite telephone system allows you to call home for a nominal fee.
* STATEROOMS: Inside your exquisitely decorated stateroom, you'll find all the amenities of a fine hotel with white-on-white plush bedding, a cozy sitting area, Infotainment System, hair dryer, safe, terry bathrobes, individually controlled air-conditioning and ample closet space. All staterooms and Jr. Suites are outside; over 82% feature large French balconies, which are a true delight when relaxing in your stateroom.
* JUNIOR SUITES: Although rarely found on European river cruise ships, Junior Suites aboard our ships are extra spacious at 255 square feet. They feature a comfortable sitting area with a sofa and two chairs, floor-to-ceiling windows with French balconies and luxurious, extra spacious bathrooms with bathtubs and showers. The suites sell quickly, so early reservations are recommended.
Built in: Holland
Length: 360 feet
Width: 38 feet
Crew: 41 (European)
Jr. Suites: 4
Ship Registry: Built in Switzerland
Home port: Basel
Piano Deck, 170 square feet, cozy sitting area, fixed window and private bath.
Piano Deck, 170 square feet, cozy sitting area, fixed window and private bathroom.
Violin & Cello Deck, 170 square feet, cozy sitting area, french balcony, private bathroom.
Violin & Cello Deck, 170 square feet, cozy sitting area, french balcony, private bathroom.
Violin Deck, 170 square feet, cozy sitting area with french balcony, private bathroom.
Violin Deck, 255 square feet, sitting area, floor-to-ceiling windows with French balconies, bathroom with bathtub and shower.