The Romantic Danube and Prague« All MS Amadolce cruise options
|Dates||Deck + Cabin Type|
|Category E||Category D||Category C||Category B||Category A||Junior Suite|
|Jun 20 '13 *
Jun 24 '13
Jul 4 '13 *
Jul 8 '13
|Port Charges: $147 per person.
Jun 24 '13 - Jewish Heritage Cruise
Jul 8 '13 - Jewish Heritage Cruise
* Itinerary operates in reverse
Day 1 Arrive in Prague, Czech Republic
Arrive in Prague and transfer to your hotel. The balance of the day is free to start exploring this beautiful city.
Day 2 Prague
Your morning’s sightseeing tour reveals why Prague is considered one of Europe’s most attractive cities, with its historic city center recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You will see Wenceslas Square and the Metronome overlooking the Vltava River before arriving at the 1,000-year-old Prague Castle for a visit. Afterwards, walk over Charles Bridge to the Old Town Square and see the Church of Our Lady before Tyn and the famous Astronomical Clock. This evening, an optional Folklore Dinner Show provides an opportunity to learn about Czech music, dance and traditions. (B)
Day 3 Free day Prague
Spend a day at your leisure or participate in an optional tour to Terezin, the infamous Nazi WWII concentration camp, now a memorial to those who perished. (B)
Day 4 Prague / Embark / Vilshofen, Germany
This morning, depart Prague and stop in Regensburg for a guided walking tour of one of Germany’s best preserved medieval cities, its Old Town a UNESCO World Heritage Site. After lunch on your own, continue to the charming 1200-year-old Bavarian town of Vilshofen, where you will embark your luxurious ship. Later this afternoon, join your fellow passengers to celebrate “Oktoberfest” in Vilshofen. Relax at long tables and benches, enjoy traditional beers accompanied by Bavarian folk music, song and dance. (B,D)
Day 5 Vilshofen / Passau
This morning you are free to explore Vilshofen’s beautiful old town before you cruise to Passau, where this afternoon you will have your choice of two different excursions. The first option is to take a walking tour through this 2,000-year-old fairy tale city, noted for its Gothic and Italian Baroque architecture. Walk the cobblestone streets of the Old Town where you will see the city fortifications and St. Stephan’s Cathedral, which is home to the largest cathedral organ in the world. As an alternative, experience this majestic city on a guided bike tour along the Inn River to Weinstein (capacity controlled). (B,L,D)
Day 6 Linz / Gmunden
This morning the ship arrives in Linz, the second largest city in Austria. Your walking tour guides you along the Landstrasse, to the city’s Main Square where you will see St. Mary’s Cathedral, the Marian Column, the Landes Theatre and St. Martin’s Church, the oldest church in Austria. Return to the ship for brunch. This afternoon you have the choice of three different excursions. The first option is a visit to the scenic “Salzkammergut” region, the Austrian Lake District, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Explore the historic town of Gmunden, on the shore of Lake Traunsee. The second option is to join an excursion to the Czech town of Cesky Krumlov. This is a wonderfully preserved medieval town, nestled in the hills just over the Austrian-Czech border. The third choice is an excursion to Salzburg, where you will take a walking tour of the historic center, famous as the setting for the “Sound of Music” and as the birthplace of Mozart. Enjoy free time on your own, before returning to the ship. (B,L,D)
Day 7 Melk / Dürnstein
Cruise through the narrow Strudengau this morning to Melk. A guided tour will take you to Melk’s magnificent Benedictine Abbey, one of Europe’s largest Baroque monasteries. From here, continue cruising the beautiful Wachau valley to Krems. You will have the choice of two excursions this afternoon. The first is a motor coach ride to Dürnstein, where you will take a walking tour of the town’s medieval cobblestone streets, passing by 16th-century town houses and wine taverns. Marvel at the magnificent blue facade of the Baroque Stiftskirche high above town. As an alternative, enjoy a guided bike tour from Krems to Dürnstein and back (capacity controlled). Tonight, after dinner on board, enjoy wine tasting at a local winery. Enjoy several different wines, presented along with bread, knowledgeable hosts, and plenty of laughter. (B,L,D)
Day 8 Vienna
During your morning city tour of Vienna, you will see the impressive Vienna Opera House, the majestic Ringstrasse, and the historic St. Stephen’s Cathedral. The afternoon is free to stroll through the historic city center, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, or take an optional tour to the Schönbrunn Palace. Tonight, you will have the opportunity to enjoy an optional Mozart and Strauss concert in the “Music Capital of the World.” The ship moors in Vienna overnight. (B,L,D)
Day 9 Bratislava, Slovakia
This morning, enjoy a scenic cruise to Bratislava, where you can choose from a walking tour which includes the Old Town Hall, Mirbach Palace and Gothic St. Martin’s Cathedral. In the alternative, you can take a “Communist History Tour” of Bratislava, which includes architectural landmarks such as the Radio Building, Liberty Square and Soviet War Memorial. The remainder of the day is free to explore on your own. (B,L,D)
Day 10 Budapest, Hungary
This morning, your sightseeing tour takes you to historic Buda Castle from where you can enjoy a splendid view of the twin cities of Buda and Pest spread over both banks of the River. Your tour also features the distinctive Fisherman’s Bastion, the Royal Palace, St. Stephen’s Basilica, the famous Heroes’ Square and much more. After dinner, the ship will sail a special “Illuminations Cruise” past the illuminated river front of Budapest. (B,L,D)
Day 11 Budapest / Return Home
Your cruise comes to an end as you transfer to the airport for your onward flight. (B)
Itinerary NotesPlease note:Cruise fare does not include port charges.
- 3 Nights Hotel Accommodation in Prague including daily Buffet Breakfast
- Transfer from the Hotel in Prague to the Ship in Vilshofen
- 7 Nights Deluxe Cruise Accommodation in an Outside Stateroom - 82% of the Staterooms with large French Balconies (Twin Balconies on select vessels)
- Daily Sightseeing Program as outlined in the Itinerary
- Infotainment System in all Staterooms with Free Internet, Hit Movies, Music Library and English Language TV Stations
- Terry Bathrobes and White-on-white plush Bedding in all Staterooms
- Superb Dining with all Meals included during your Cruise
- Free-flowing Red & White Wines from Europe's great Wine Regions, beer and soft drinks with every Dinner on board the Ship
- Bottled Water in every stateroom replenished daily
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner & Captain's Gala Dinner
- Special Highlights including Lectures, Theme Dinners, Cooking Demonstration, onboard Music Performances and afternoon & evening Piano Music
- Use of Bicycles to explore on your own
- Services of Professional Cruise Manager
- All English Language on board in a non-smoking Environment (smoking permitted only on the Sun Deck)
- All Transfers with the Purchase of Cruise, Land & Air package
- All local Taxes
Deposit & Payment
Initial deposit is $600, and most travelers will call our office and pay the deposit with a credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, AmEx, and Discover. Alternatively, you can send a check to our Missoula, Montana, office or register online at: https://www.adventure-life.com/forms/fourways.php
Final payment is due 100 days prior to departure.
Final payment by bank transfer, check or Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Amex.
Booking last minute? No problem! Please contact one of our trip planners, and we can get you on your way if booking less than 100 days prior to departure.
Click here to see a copy of our Terms and Conditions.
|Days Prior to departure||Fee|
|121 days or more||$400 per person|
|120-90 days||$600 per person|
|89-60 days||40% trip cost|
|59-30 days||55% trip cost|
|29-0 days||100% trip cost|
- Ship Highlights
- Passengers : 148
- River Cruise Ship
Launched in 2009, the MS Amadolce is part of the newest, state-of-the-art fleet of river cruise vessels in Europe. This vessel sets new standards in European river cruising and offers a number of features which no other European river cruise ship can match. The MS Amadolce carries 148 passengers in unequaled luxury, comfort and style and is staffed by a highly-trained professional crew, with an ongoing emphasis on personal service.
This vessel features an array of amenities specifically designed for comfort, convenience and luxury on the great waterways of Europe.
The latest high-tech features onboard:
* BICYCLES: Each ship has plenty of bicycles onboard which can be used by passengers, free of charge, to explore the small towns. Most regions offer well-maintained bicycle paths along the river.
* WELLNESS AREA: Located in the aft area of the Violin Deck, this generously designed space includes a glassed-in fitness room, massage and beauty salon; the aft lounge with modern wicker furniture and French doors to enjoy the fresh river air.
* ELEVATOR: Each ship has an elevator, which very few river cruise ships feature. The elevator reaches four different levels: the Restaurant level (1), the Staterooms on the Cello Deck (2), the Lobby and Panorama Lounge (3) and the Staterooms on the Violin Deck (4).
* INFOTAINMENT SYSTEMS: Every stateroom is equipped with monitor, keyboard with Internet access, English language TV stations, a large movie selection and numerous music programs. Our satellite telephone system allows you to call home for a nominal fee.
* STATEROOMS: Inside your exquisitely decorated stateroom, you'll find all the amenities of a fine hotel with white-on-white plush bedding, a cozy sitting area, Infotainment System, hair dryer, safe, terry bathrobes, individually controlled air-conditioning and ample closet space. All staterooms and Jr. Suites are outside; over 82% feature large French balconies, which are a true delight when relaxing in your stateroom.
* JUNIOR SUITES: Although rarely found on European river cruise ships, Junior Suites aboard our ships are extra spacious at 255 square feet. They feature a comfortable sitting area with a sofa and two chairs, floor-to-ceiling windows with French balconies and luxurious, extra spacious bathrooms with bathtubs and showers. The suites sell quickly, so early reservations are recommended.
Built in: Holland
Length: 360 feet
Width: 38 feet
Crew: 41 (European)
Jr. Suites: 4
Ship Registry: Built in Switzerland
Home port: Basel
Piano Deck, 170 square feet, cozy sitting area, fixed window and private bath.
Piano Deck, 170 square feet, cozy sitting area, fixed window and private bathroom.
Violin & Cello Deck, 170 square feet, cozy sitting area, french balcony, private bathroom.
Violin & Cello Deck, 170 square feet, cozy sitting area, french balcony, private bathroom.
Violin Deck, 170 square feet, cozy sitting area with french balcony, private bathroom.
Violin Deck, 255 square feet, sitting area, floor-to-ceiling windows with French balconies, bathroom with bathtub and shower.