Europes Rivers & Castles« All MS Amalegro cruise options
- Day 1 Arrive Paris, France
- Day 2 Exploring Paris
- Day 3 Free day Paris
- Day 4 Paris / Luxembourg / Remich, Germany
- Day 5 Trier / Bernkastel
- Day 6 Cochem / Koblenz / Rhine Castles / Rudesheim
- Day 7 Mainz / Heidelberg / Frankfurt
- Day 8 Miltenberg / Wertheim
- Day 9 Würzburg / Kitzingen
- Day 10 Bamberg
- Day 11 Nuremberg / Prague, Czech Republic
- Day 12 Exploring Prague
- Day 13 Depart Prague / Return Home
|Dates||Deck + Cabin Type|
|Cat E||Cat D||Cat C||Cat B||Cat A||Junior Suite|
Day 1 Arrive Paris, France
Time to rest or start exploring the city during the balance of the day.
Day 2 Exploring Paris
Enjoy Paris' famous sights during this morning's guided tour: Visit Notre Dame Cathedral, see the unique Louvre Museum, the commemorative Arc de Triomphe, Opéra, Madeleine, Champs Elysées and much more. The remainder of the day is yours to explore the many museums, galleries and other attractions that the city has to offer. (B)
Day 3 Free day Paris
Enjoy a full free day to explore the amazing "City of Lights," where romance fills the air. Stroll along the Champs Elysées, the boutique-lined boulevards, or visit the top of the Eiffel Tower, built for the World's Fair of 1889. Paris at night offers unlimited possibilities for every taste. (B)
Day 4 Paris / Luxembourg / Remich, Germany
Bid "Au Revoir" to Paris as you board your TGV high-speed train to Luxembourg, one of the last independent duchies that made up Western and Central Europe. Today the Grand Duchy is important because of its role in international politics and banking. You will have a guided tour of Luxembourg before transferring to your ship in Remich. Tonight, gather on board for a Gala Welcome Dinner. (B,D)
Day 5 Trier / Bernkastel
After breakfast, arrive in the charming village of Trier, Germany’s oldest city, for a guided tour which will introduce you to the city’s rich Roman past. Continue to Bernkastel. Strategically located in the middle of the Mosel wine-producing region, Bernkastel boasts over 500 years of documented wine history. Take a guided walking tour through the old town center with its many medieval and Renaissance buildings. You will also enjoy a visit to the wine museum. (B,L,D)
Day 6 Cochem / Koblenz / Rhine Castles / Rudesheim
This morning, take the included excursion to Cochem, where a guided tour of hilltop Reichsburg Castle offers fascinating views of the river valley. Or, you may choose to take a cruise to Koblenz, situated at the confluence of the Mosel and Rhine Rivers. This afternoon cruise along the most beautiful and famous part of the Rhine. See castle after castle and the legendary Lorelei Rock. Arrive in Rüdesheim, the perfect example of a Rhine Valley wine town. Visit Siegfried's Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum and explore the Drosselgasse, a narrow alley lined with wine taverns and restaurants. (B,L,D)
Day 7 Mainz / Heidelberg / Frankfurt
Today, you decide: Either disembark in Mainz and travel by motorcoach to Heidelberg, Germany's oldest university town, where you will visit the red-walled Castle, seeing the Great Vat, a 49,000-gallon 18th-century wine cask and beautiful views of the Neckar Valley and Heidelberg below. Then there is a walking tour of old Heidelberg and free time for lunch on your own. In the afternoon drive to Frankfurt, the bustling metropolis on the River Main, where you rejoin your ship. Or, you can enjoy a leisurely walking tour of charming Mainz, hometown of the famous printer. You will visit the Gutenberg Museum before taking a lunchtime cruise on the Main river to Frankfurt where you will have a guided walking tour of the historic city center "The Romer." (B,L,D)
Day 8 Miltenberg / Wertheim
Arrive in Miltenberg and disembark for a guided morning walking tour of this old Franconian town, which reveals narrow cobblestone streets and gabled, half-timbered houses. Shop for souvenirs before continuing to charming Wertheim for an interesting glass-blowing performance. Then, there is free time to browse the market square before re-boarding the ship. (B,L,D)
Day 9 Würzburg / Kitzingen
During your guided tour, visit the magnificent Residenz Palace and see the major sights. This afternoon take an optional tour along the Romantic Road to medieval Rothenburg, and visit its World Famous Christmas Museum. Or relax on board this afternoon as you cruise to Kitzingen. After dinner on board enjoy an evening walk and wine tasting in Kitzingen, Germany’s oldest wine cellar. (B,L,D)
Day 10 Bamberg
Enjoy a leisurely morning cruising before you enter the Main-Danube Canal at enchanting Bamberg, which was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1993. Disembark for a guided tour of this medieval gem, with its uniquely intact townscape. Marvel at the breathtaking cathedral, the Old Town Hall that straddles the river, and the city's serpentine streets with charming houses and 18th-century mansions. Late tonight arrive in Nuremberg. (B,L,D)
Day 11 Nuremberg / Prague, Czech Republic
After breakfast, enjoy a guided morning tour of the historic city of Nuremberg with its fabulous Gothic churches and elegant impressive walls. You will have some free time to explore the town on your own before transferring to Prague. (B)
Day 12 Exploring Prague
This morning's sightseeing reveals why Prague is considered one of Europe's most attractive cities. Visit the thousand-year-old Hradcany Castle courtyard and St. Vitus, then walk over the Charles Bridge to the Old Market Square. The evening is free to mix with the locals at Wenceslas Square, shop for souvenirs or enjoy one of the charming cafés or restaurants. (B)
Day 13 Depart Prague / Return Home
Bid farewell to Prague and transfer to the airport for your homeward flight. (B)
Itinerary NotesPlease note: Cruise fares do not include port charges, please add $147 per person.
- 3 Nights Hotel Accommodation in Paris including daily Buffet Breakfast
- Transfer from the hotel to the High-speed TGV train to Luxembourg, followed by transfer to Ship in Remich
- 7 Nights Deluxe Cruise Accommodation in an Outside Stateroom - 82% of the Staterooms with large French Balconies
- Daily Sightseeing Program as outlined in the Itinerary
- Infotainment System in all Staterooms with Free Internet, Hit Movies, Music Library and English Language TV Stations
- Terry Bathrobes and White-on-white plush Bedding in all Staterooms
- Superb Dining with all Meals included during your Cruise
- Free-flowing Red & White Wines from Europe's great Wine Regions, beer and soft drinks with every Dinner on board the Ship
- Bottled Water in every stateroom replenished daily
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner & Captain's Gala Dinner
- Transfer from the Ship in Nuremberg to the Hotel in Prague
- 2 Nights Hotel Accommodation in Prague including daily Buffet Breakfast
- Special Highlights including Lectures, Theme Dinners, Cooking Demonstration, onboard Music Performances and afternoon & evening Piano Music
- Use of Bicycles to explore on your own
- Services of Professional Cruise Manager
- All English Language on board in a non-smoking Environment (smoking permitted only on the Sun Deck)
- All Transfers with the Purchase of Cruise, Land & Air package
- All local Taxes
Deposit & Payment
Initial deposit is $600, and most travelers will call our office and pay the deposit with a credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, AmEx, and Discover. Alternatively, you can send a check to our Missoula, Montana, office or register online at: https://www.adventure-life.com/forms/fourways.php
Final payment is due 100 days prior to departure.
Final payment by bank transfer, check or Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Amex.
Booking last minute? No problem! Please contact one of our trip planners, and we can get you on your way if booking less than 100 days prior to departure.
Click here to see a copy of our Terms and Conditions.
|Days Prior to departure||Fee|
|121 days or more||$400 per person|
|120-90 days||$600 per person|
|89-60 days||40% trip cost|
|59-30 days||55% trip cost|
|29-0 days||100% trip cost|
- Ship Highlights
- Passengers : 148
- River Cruise Ship
Launched in 2007, the MS Amalegro is part of the newest, state-of-the-art fleet of river cruise vessels in Europe. This vessel sets new standards in European river cruising and offers a number of features which no other European river cruise ship can match. The MS Amalegro carries 148 passengers in unequaled luxury, comfort and style and is staffed by a highly-trained professional crew, with an ongoing emphasis on personal service.
This vessel features an array of amenities specifically designed for comfort, convenience and luxury on the great waterways of Europe.
The latest high-tech features onboard:
* BICYCLES: Each ship has plenty of bicycles onboard which can be used by passengers, free of charge, to explore the small towns. Most regions offer well-maintained bicycle paths along the river.
* WELLNESS AREA: Located in the aft area of the Violin Deck, this generously designed space includes a glassed-in fitness room, massage and beauty salon; the aft lounge with modern wicker furniture and French doors to enjoy the fresh river air.
* ELEVATOR: Each ship has an elevator, which very few river cruise ships feature. The elevator reaches four different levels: the Restaurant level (1), the Staterooms on the Cello Deck (2), the Lobby and Panorama Lounge (3) and the Staterooms on the Violin Deck (4).
* INFOTAINMENT SYSTEMS: Every stateroom is equipped with monitor, keyboard with Internet access, English language TV stations, a large movie selection and numerous music programs. Our satellite telephone system allows you to call home for a nominal fee.
* STATEROOMS: Inside your exquisitely decorated stateroom, you'll find all the amenities of a fine hotel with white-on-white plush bedding, a cozy sitting area, Infotainment System, hair dryer, safe, terry bathrobes, individually controlled air-conditioning and ample closet space. All staterooms and Jr. Suites are outside; over 82% feature large French balconies, which are a true delight when relaxing in your stateroom.
* JUNIOR SUITES: Although rarely found on European river cruise ships, Junior Suites aboard our ships are extra spacious at 255 square feet. They feature a comfortable sitting area with a sofa and two chairs, floor-to-ceiling windows with French balconies and luxurious, extra spacious bathrooms with bathtubs and showers. The suites sell quickly, so early reservations are recommended.
Built in: Holland
Length: 360 feet
Width: 38 feet
Crew: 41 (European)
Jr. Suites: 4
Ship Registry: Built in Switzerland
Home port: Basel
170 sq. feet. 6 cabins on Piano Deck. Picture window, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #108-113.
170 sq. feet. 7 cabins on Piano Deck. Picture window, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #101-107.
170 sq. feet. 6 cabins on Cello Deck. French balcony, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #225-230.
170 sq. feet. 24 cabins on Cello Deck. French balcony, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #201-224.
170 sq. feet. 28 cabins on Violin Deck. French balcony, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #305-332.
255 sq. feet. 4 cabins on Violin Deck. French balcony, sitting area, bathtub and shower, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #310-304.