Magnificent Europe« All MS Amalegro cruise options
- Day 1 Arrive Amsterdam, Netherlands / Embark
- Day 2 Amsterdam
- Day 3 Cologne / Koblenz, Germany
- Day 4 Koblenz / Rüdesheim
- Day 5 Miltenberg / Wertheim, Germany
- Day 6 Würzberg, Germany
- Day 7 Bamberg, Germany
- Day 8 Nuremberg / Crossing the Continental Divide
- Day 9 Regensburg
- Day 10 Passau, Germany / Salzburg, Austria
- Day 11 Melk / Durnstein, Austria / Wachau Valley
- Day 12 Vienna
- Day 13 Vienna / Bratislava, Slovakia
- Day 14 Budapest, Hungary
- Day 15 Depart Budapest / Return Home
|Dates||Deck + Cabin Type|
|Cat E||Cat D||Cat C||Cat B||Cat A||Junior Suite|
Day 1 Arrive Amsterdam, Netherlands / Embark
Arrive in charming Amsterdam and embark your luxurious river cruise ship. Meet your fellow travelers tonight at the Welcome Cocktail Reception. (D)
Day 2 Amsterdam
After breakfast, admire beautiful 17th-century homes, charming churches and 16th-century merchant houses on a guided canal boat tour. Enjoy an afternoon information briefing as you cruise towards Germany. Tonight, be our guest at the Captain's Gala Welcome Dinner. (B,L,D)
Day 3 Cologne / Koblenz, Germany
Cruise past fashionable Düsseldorf, before arriving in Cologne for a guided morning walking tour through the old part of the city and a visit to the fabled 13th-century Gothic cathedral. At lunchtime, continue to 2,000-year-old Koblenz, located at the confluence of the Rhine and the Mosel rivers. Take an after dinner walk through this charming town. (B,L,D)
Day 4 Koblenz / Rüdesheim
Today, sail through the fascinating Rhine Gorge, passing castle after castle and the infamous Lorelei Rock. After lunch, arrive in Rüdesheim and visit Siegfried's Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum. Explore the Drosselgasse, a narrow alley lined with wine taverns and restaurants during your free time before the ships sails late this afternoon. (B,L,D)
Day 5 Miltenberg / Wertheim, Germany
Arrive in Miltenberg and disembark for a morning walking tour of this delightful old Franconian town with its narrow cobblestone streets and gabled, half-timbered houses. Return to the ship for lunch and continue cruising to charming Wertheim where you can watch an amusing glass-blowing performance. Leisurely browse in the market square before boarding your ship for an overnight cruise to Würzburg. (B,L,D)
Day 6 Würzberg, Germany
During your guided tour, see the major sights including the magnificent Residenz Palace. This afternoon explore Würzburg on your own, or take an optional tour along the Romantic Road to medieval Rothenburg. Late this afternoon cruise to Bamberg. (B,L,D)
Day 7 Bamberg, Germany
In the afternoon, enter the Main-Danube Canal in enchanting Bamberg, which was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1993. Disembark for a guided tour of this medieval gem. There is free time before you continue your cruise this evening to ancient Nuremberg, capital of Franconia. (B,L,D)
Day 8 Nuremberg / Crossing the Continental Divide
Today, decide to either tour medieval Nuremberg and see the storybook 900-year old ramparts that surround this historic city and the Imperial Castle, or join the “modern tour” of the city’s role in the 20th-century, see the Zeppelin field and the Justice Palace where the War Crimes Tribunal sat in 1946. At lunchtime, rejoin the ship further along the Main-Danube Canal and continue to the highest point of your cruise - 1,332 feet above sea level, where you cross Europe's Continental Divide. (B,L,D)
Day 9 Regensburg
A guided morning tour will show you the city's architectural highlights, including the Old Town Hall and the Porta Pretoria, gates to a Roman fort built in 179 AD. The afternoon is free to shop or relax along the Danube. In the evening, enjoy a music performance onboard. (B,L,D)
Day 10 Passau, Germany / Salzburg, Austria
After breakfast, arrive in picturesque Passau for a walking tour, or join the optional excursion to Salzburg and its popular Sound of Music sights. Those staying onboard can enjoy a scenic journey to Austria. (B,L,D)
Day 11 Melk / Durnstein, Austria / Wachau Valley
Cruise through the narrow Strudengau and reach the Wachau Valley this morning. A guided tour takes you to Melk's magnificent Benedictine Abbey, one of Europe's largest baroque monasteries. From here, continue on a short cruise to Dürnstein, for a walking tour through cobblestone streets that reveal quaint 16th-century town houses and taverns. Continue through the lovely Wachau Valley, dotted with castles, to the town of Weissenkirchen, for some wine tasting tonight. (B,L,D)
Day 12 Vienna
During a guided sightseeing tour you will see the Hofburg Palace, the Vienna Opera House, the Ringstrasse, St. Stephen's Cathedral and visit the National Library. Enjoy a free afternoon to stroll along the main shopping street, Kärntnerstrasse, or sample some of Vienna's famous pastries. Tonight, explore the vibrant Austrian capital on your own, or join an optional evening concert. The ship moors overnight. (B,L,D)
Day 13 Vienna / Bratislava, Slovakia
Spend another morning in Vienna, perhaps join an optional tour to the Imperial Schönbrunn Palace, rejoining the ship in Bratislava in the afternoon. Or, enjoy a morning of scenic cruising to Bratislava followed by a walking tour of Bratislava, which reveals the city's major sights, including the Old Town Hall, Mirbach Palace and Gothic St. Martin's Cathedral. The rest of the afternoon is free to shop or explore on your own. Tonight, there is an evening music performance onboard. (B,L,D)
Day 14 Budapest, Hungary
Your morning is free for last minute shopping. After lunch, your sightseeing tour takes you to historic Buda Castle from where you can enjoy a splendid view of the twin cities of Buda and Pest spread over both banks of the River. Your tour also features the distinctive Fisherman's Bastion, the Royal Palace, St. Stephen's Basilica and much more. Tonight enjoy a Gala Farewell Dinner with Gypsy music. (B,L,D)
Day 15 Depart Budapest / Return Home
Your cruise comes to an end as you transfer to the airport. (B)
Itinerary NotesPlease note: Cruise fares do not include port charges, please add $147 per person.
- 14 Nights Deluxe Cruise Accommodation in an Outside Stateroom - 82% of the Staterooms with large French Balconies (Twin Balconies on select vessels)
- Daily Sightseeing Program as outlined in the Itinerary
- Infotainment System in all Staterooms with Free Internet, Hit Movies, Music Library and English Language TV Stations
- Terry Bathrobes and White-on-white plush Bedding in all Staterooms
- Superb Dining with all Meals included during your Cruise
- Multiple Dining Venues on select vessels
- Free-flowing Red & White Wines from Europe's great Wine Regions, beer and soft drinks with every Dinner on board the Ship
- Bottled Water in every stateroom replenished daily
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner & Captain's Gala Dinner
- Special Highlights including Lectures, Theme Dinners, Cooking Demonstration, onboard Music Performances and afternoon & evening Piano Music
- Use of Bicycles to explore on your own
- Services of Professional Cruise Manager
- All English Language on board in a non-smoking Environment (smoking permitted only on the Sun Deck)
- All local Taxes
Deposit & Payment
Initial deposit is $600, and most travelers will call our office and pay the deposit with a credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, AmEx, and Discover. Alternatively, you can send a check to our Missoula, Montana, office or register online at: https://www.adventure-life.com/forms/fourways.php
Final payment is due 100 days prior to departure.
Final payment by bank transfer, check or Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Amex.
Booking last minute? No problem! Please contact one of our trip planners, and we can get you on your way if booking less than 100 days prior to departure.
Click here to see a copy of our Terms and Conditions.
|Days Prior to departure||Fee|
|121 days or more||$400 per person|
|120-90 days||$600 per person|
|89-60 days||40% trip cost|
|59-30 days||55% trip cost|
|29-0 days||100% trip cost|
- Ship Highlights
- Passengers : 148
- River Cruise Ship
Launched in 2007, the MS Amalegro is part of the newest, state-of-the-art fleet of river cruise vessels in Europe. This vessel sets new standards in European river cruising and offers a number of features which no other European river cruise ship can match. The MS Amalegro carries 148 passengers in unequaled luxury, comfort and style and is staffed by a highly-trained professional crew, with an ongoing emphasis on personal service.
This vessel features an array of amenities specifically designed for comfort, convenience and luxury on the great waterways of Europe.
The latest high-tech features onboard:
* BICYCLES: Each ship has plenty of bicycles onboard which can be used by passengers, free of charge, to explore the small towns. Most regions offer well-maintained bicycle paths along the river.
* WELLNESS AREA: Located in the aft area of the Violin Deck, this generously designed space includes a glassed-in fitness room, massage and beauty salon; the aft lounge with modern wicker furniture and French doors to enjoy the fresh river air.
* ELEVATOR: Each ship has an elevator, which very few river cruise ships feature. The elevator reaches four different levels: the Restaurant level (1), the Staterooms on the Cello Deck (2), the Lobby and Panorama Lounge (3) and the Staterooms on the Violin Deck (4).
* INFOTAINMENT SYSTEMS: Every stateroom is equipped with monitor, keyboard with Internet access, English language TV stations, a large movie selection and numerous music programs. Our satellite telephone system allows you to call home for a nominal fee.
* STATEROOMS: Inside your exquisitely decorated stateroom, you'll find all the amenities of a fine hotel with white-on-white plush bedding, a cozy sitting area, Infotainment System, hair dryer, safe, terry bathrobes, individually controlled air-conditioning and ample closet space. All staterooms and Jr. Suites are outside; over 82% feature large French balconies, which are a true delight when relaxing in your stateroom.
* JUNIOR SUITES: Although rarely found on European river cruise ships, Junior Suites aboard our ships are extra spacious at 255 square feet. They feature a comfortable sitting area with a sofa and two chairs, floor-to-ceiling windows with French balconies and luxurious, extra spacious bathrooms with bathtubs and showers. The suites sell quickly, so early reservations are recommended.
Built in: Holland
Length: 360 feet
Width: 38 feet
Crew: 41 (European)
Jr. Suites: 4
Ship Registry: Built in Switzerland
Home port: Basel
170 sq. feet. 6 cabins on Piano Deck. Picture window, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #108-113.
170 sq. feet. 7 cabins on Piano Deck. Picture window, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #101-107.
170 sq. feet. 6 cabins on Cello Deck. French balcony, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #225-230.
170 sq. feet. 24 cabins on Cello Deck. French balcony, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #201-224.
170 sq. feet. 28 cabins on Violin Deck. French balcony, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #305-332.
255 sq. feet. 4 cabins on Violin Deck. French balcony, sitting area, bathtub and shower, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #310-304.