The Legendary Danube and Prague« All MS Amalegro cruise options
- Day 1 Arrive Prague, Czech Repblic
- Day 2 Exploring Prague
- Day 3 Free day Prague
- Day 4 Prague / Carlsbad (Karlovy Vary) / Nuremberg, Germany / Embark
- Day 5 Nuremberg / Crossing the Continental Divide / Dietfurt
- Day 6 Regensburg
- Day 7 Passau / Linz, Austria
- Day 8 Melk / Vienna
- Day 9 Exploring Vienna
- Day 10 Budapest, Hungary
- Day 11 Depart Budapest / Return Home
|Dates||Deck + Cabin Type|
|Cat E||Cat D||Cat C||Cat B||Cat A||Junior Suite|
Day 1 Arrive Prague, Czech Repblic
Arrive in Prague and transfer to your hotel. The balance of the day is free to start exploring this beautiful city.
Day 2 Exploring Prague
This morning's sightseeing reveals why Prague is considered one of Europe's most attractive cities. Visit the 1,000 year-old Hradcany Castle courtyard, St. Vitus, then walk over the Charles Bridge to the Old Market Square. This afternoon, why not join the optional tour to Terezin, the infamous Nazi WWII concentration camp, now a memorial to those who perished. The evening is free to mix with the locals at Wenceslas Square, shop for souvenirs or enjoy one of the many charming cafés or restaurants around Prague. (B)
Day 3 Free day Prague
Today is a free day; relax and stroll through a museum or gallery, wander along the banks of the Vlatava River, relax at an outdoor restaurant or shop for local handicrafts and art work. (B)
Day 4 Prague / Carlsbad (Karlovy Vary) / Nuremberg, Germany / Embark
This morning, depart Prague after breakfast and stop in Karlovy Vary, better known by its German name, Carlsbad, and most famous for its Bohemian spa. After lunch, drive through the pastoral countryside to Nuremberg, the capital of Franconia. Tonight, gather on board for a Gala Welcome Dinner. The ship will moor overnight in Nuremberg. (B,D)
Day 5 Nuremberg / Crossing the Continental Divide / Dietfurt
Enjoy a guided morning tour of this historic city with its fabulous Gothic churches and elegant impressive walls. See the storybook 900-year-old ramparts that surround the city, the Imperial Castle and the Justice Palace where the War Crimes Tribunal sat in 1946. At lunchtime, rejoin the ship further along the Main-Danube Canal and continue to the highest point of your cruise - 1,332 feet above sea level before descending through stair-step locks to the charming Bavarian town of Dietfurt. (B,L,D)
Day 6 Regensburg
This morning takes you through the final stretch of the Main-Danube Canal. Arrive in magnificent Regensburg, one of Germany's best preserved medieval cities. A guided tour will show you the city's architectural highlights, including the Old Town Hall and the Porta Pretoria - gates to an ancient Roman fort which was built in 179 AD. Marvel at beautiful churches and one of the oldest bridges crossing the Danube. In the evening enjoy a music performance on board. (B,L,D)
Day 7 Passau / Linz, Austria
After breakfast, arrive in picturesque Passau, where the rivers Inn and Ilz join the Danube. During your walking tour, gaze at this fairy-tale city founded more than 2,000 years ago. Or, take an optional full day tour to Salzburg, birthplace of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and location of the Sound of Music. See the main sights including a visit to Mozart's birth house. For those staying on board, enjoy a scenic cruise from Passau into Austria and on to Linz. After dinner, take a walk through this delightful town, Austria's third largest city and a major river port. (B,L,D)
Day 8 Melk / Vienna
Cruise through the narrow Strudengau and reach the Wachau Valley early this morning. A guided tour takes you to Melk's magnificent Benedictine Abbey. At lunchtime, continue through the romantic Wachau Valley. Late this afternoon, arrive in Vienna, the "City of Music." Tonight, explore the magnificent Austrian capital on your own, or come along for an optional Mozart and Strauss concert. (B,L,D)
Day 9 Exploring Vienna
During your guided tour of Vienna you will see the imperial Hofburg Palace, the Vienna Opera House, Ringstrasse, awe-inspiring St. Stephen's Cathedral and also visit the National Library. Then, enjoy a free afternoon to shop, explore or visit one of the cities many museums or palaces. Late afternoon, continue your journey past Slovakia and cruise overnight to Budapest, Hungary's vibrant capital. (B,L,D)
Day 10 Budapest, Hungary
This morning is free for shopping or sightseeing. In the afternoon, your guided city tour includes Buda and Pest. From historic Buda Castle you can enjoy a splendid view of the twin cities of Buda and Pest spread over both banks of the River. Your tour also features the distinctive Fisherman's Bastion, the marvelous Royal Palace, St. Stephen's Basilica, and much more. Tonight, enjoy a Gala Farewell Dinner. (B,L,D)
Day 11 Depart Budapest / Return Home
Your luxury river cruise comes to an end as you transfer to the airport for your homebound flight. Extra nights are available if you wish to extend your stay in Budapest. (B)
Itinerary NotesPlease note: Cruise fares do not include port charges, please add $147 per person.
- 3 Nights Hotel Accommodation in Prague including daily Buffet Breakfast
- Transfer from the Hotel in Prague to the Ship in Nuremberg
- 7 Nights Deluxe Cruise Accommodation in an Outside Stateroom - 82% of the Staterooms with large French Balconies (Twin Balconies on select vessels)
- Daily Sightseeing Program as outlined in the Itinerary
- Infotainment System in all Staterooms with Free Internet, Hit Movies, Music Library and English Language TV Stations
- Terry Bathrobes and White-on-white plush Bedding in all Staterooms
- Superb Dining with all Meals included during your Cruise
- Multiple Dining Venues on select vessels
- Free-flowing Red & White Wines from Europe's great Wine Regions, beer and soft drinks with every Dinner on board the Ship
- Bottled Water in every stateroom replenished daily
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner & Captain's Gala Dinner
- Special Highlights including Lectures, Theme Dinners, Cooking Demonstration, onboard Music Performances and afternoon & evening Piano Music
- Use of Bicycles to explore on your own
- Services of Professional Cruise Manager
- All English Language on board in a non-smoking Environment (smoking permitted only on the Sun Deck)
- All Transfers with the Purchase of Cruise, Land & Air package
- All local Taxes
Deposit & Payment
Initial deposit is $600, and most travelers will call our office and pay the deposit with a credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, AmEx, and Discover. Alternatively, you can send a check to our Missoula, Montana, office or register online at: https://www.adventure-life.com/forms/fourways.php
Final payment is due 100 days prior to departure.
Final payment by bank transfer, check or Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Amex.
Booking last minute? No problem! Please contact one of our trip planners, and we can get you on your way if booking less than 100 days prior to departure.
Click here to see a copy of our Terms and Conditions.
|Days Prior to departure||Fee|
|121 days or more||$400 per person|
|120-90 days||$600 per person|
|89-60 days||40% trip cost|
|59-30 days||55% trip cost|
|29-0 days||100% trip cost|
- Ship Highlights
- Passengers : 148
- River Cruise Ship
Launched in 2007, the MS Amalegro is part of the newest, state-of-the-art fleet of river cruise vessels in Europe. This vessel sets new standards in European river cruising and offers a number of features which no other European river cruise ship can match. The MS Amalegro carries 148 passengers in unequaled luxury, comfort and style and is staffed by a highly-trained professional crew, with an ongoing emphasis on personal service.
This vessel features an array of amenities specifically designed for comfort, convenience and luxury on the great waterways of Europe.
The latest high-tech features onboard:
* BICYCLES: Each ship has plenty of bicycles onboard which can be used by passengers, free of charge, to explore the small towns. Most regions offer well-maintained bicycle paths along the river.
* WELLNESS AREA: Located in the aft area of the Violin Deck, this generously designed space includes a glassed-in fitness room, massage and beauty salon; the aft lounge with modern wicker furniture and French doors to enjoy the fresh river air.
* ELEVATOR: Each ship has an elevator, which very few river cruise ships feature. The elevator reaches four different levels: the Restaurant level (1), the Staterooms on the Cello Deck (2), the Lobby and Panorama Lounge (3) and the Staterooms on the Violin Deck (4).
* INFOTAINMENT SYSTEMS: Every stateroom is equipped with monitor, keyboard with Internet access, English language TV stations, a large movie selection and numerous music programs. Our satellite telephone system allows you to call home for a nominal fee.
* STATEROOMS: Inside your exquisitely decorated stateroom, you'll find all the amenities of a fine hotel with white-on-white plush bedding, a cozy sitting area, Infotainment System, hair dryer, safe, terry bathrobes, individually controlled air-conditioning and ample closet space. All staterooms and Jr. Suites are outside; over 82% feature large French balconies, which are a true delight when relaxing in your stateroom.
* JUNIOR SUITES: Although rarely found on European river cruise ships, Junior Suites aboard our ships are extra spacious at 255 square feet. They feature a comfortable sitting area with a sofa and two chairs, floor-to-ceiling windows with French balconies and luxurious, extra spacious bathrooms with bathtubs and showers. The suites sell quickly, so early reservations are recommended.
Built in: Holland
Length: 360 feet
Width: 38 feet
Crew: 41 (European)
Jr. Suites: 4
Ship Registry: Built in Switzerland
Home port: Basel
170 sq. feet. 6 cabins on Piano Deck. Picture window, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #108-113.
170 sq. feet. 7 cabins on Piano Deck. Picture window, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #101-107.
170 sq. feet. 6 cabins on Cello Deck. French balcony, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #225-230.
170 sq. feet. 24 cabins on Cello Deck. French balcony, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #201-224.
170 sq. feet. 28 cabins on Violin Deck. French balcony, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #305-332.
255 sq. feet. 4 cabins on Violin Deck. French balcony, sitting area, bathtub and shower, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #310-304.