The Legendary Danube« All MS Amaprima cruise options
|Dates||Deck + Cabin Type|
|Category E||Category D||Category C||Category BB||Category BA||Category AB||Category AA||Suite|
Day 1 Nuremberg, Germany / Embark
Arrive Nuremberg, the capital of Franconia, and embark on your luxury river vessel. Tonight, gather on board for a Gala Welcome Dinner. The ship will moor overnight in Nuremberg. (B,D)
Day 2 Nuremberg / Crossing the Continental Divide
Today, take the Medieval History of Nuremberg tour and see the storybook 900-year-old ramparts that surround this historic city and the Imperial Castle. Previously one of Europe’s greatest trade towns, you will see some of the original city walls and towers constructed around Nuremberg. Another option is the World War II history tour to explore Nuremberg during the time of the Third Reich. Designated the “City of the Reichsparteitage” (Nazi Party Rallies), you will visit the Zeppelin Field and Rally grounds. Visit the Coliseum and the Justice Palace where the War Crimes Tribunal sat in 1946 (when available). (B,L,D)
Day 3 Regensburg, Germany
This morning’s scenic cruising takes you through the final stretch of the Main-Danube Canal to arrive in magnificent Regensburg, one of Germany’s best preserved medieval cities. A guided tour will show you the city’s architectural highlights, including the Old Town Hall and the Porta Praetoria - gates to an ancient Roman fort which was built in 179 AD. In the alternative, visit the Audi Factory in Ingolstadt, where a member of the Audi team will take you on a guided tour of the Audi Car Museum or Factory Floor (subject to availability). In the afternoon, you are free to join the optional excursion to beautiful Weltenburg Abbey and see the scenic Danube Gorge (seasonal) or take a guided bike tour to visit the Walhalla Temple which honors distinguished Germans throughout history. (B,L,D)
Day 4 Passau / Linz, Austria
After breakfast, arrive in picturesque Passau, where the Inn and Ilz rivers join the Danube. You have your choice of a Passau walking tour or an optional excursion to Salzburg. The 2,000-year-old city is noted for its Gothic and Italian Baroque architecture. Walk the cobblestone streets of the Old Town where you will see the fortifications and St. Stephan’s Cathedral, home to the largest cathedral organ in the world. If you choose the optional Salzburg excursion, you will begin your walking tour of the historic center, famous as the setting for the “Sound of Music” and as the birthplace of Mozart. Enjoy free time on your own, before returning to the ship which is now docked in Linz. After dinner, perhaps take a walk through this delightful town, Austria’s third largest city and a major river port. (B,L,D)
Day 5 Melk / Vienna
Cruise through the narrow Strudengau and reach the Wachau Valley early this morning. Your guided tour takes you to Melk’s magnificent Benedictine Abbey. Return to the ship for lunch, before you cruise the romantic Wachau Valley. Arrive in Vienna, after dinner and explore the magnificent Austrian capital on your own or enjoy an optional evening Mozart and Strauss concert. (B,L,D)
Day 6 Exploring Vienna
Savor the Baroque elegance of romantic Vienna on the guided city tour which includes the world famous Vienna Opera House, the majestic Ringstrasse, the awe-inspiring St. Stephen’s Cathedral and more. The tour is followed by free time in the city center to shop for souvenirs or sample some of Vienna’s famous pastries. In the alternative, join an optional tour to the Imperial Schönbrunn Palace, which is a fine example of Baroque architecture. (B,L,D)
Day 7 Budapest, Hungary
This morning, a sightseeing tour takes you to historic Buda Castle from where you can enjoy a splendid view of the twin cities of Buda and Pest spread over both banks of the River. Your tour also features the distinctive Fisherman’s Bastion, the marvelous Royal Palace, St. Stephen’s Basilica, the famous Heroes’ square and more. An afternoon optional excursion takes you back to the Hungarian Revolution of 1956. What started out as a student demonstration, quickly spread across the country causing an uprising against the Communist regime. After dinner, the ship will sail a special “Illuminations Cruise” past the illuminated river front of Budapest. (B,L,D)
Day 8 Depart Budapest / Return Home
Bid farewell to Budapest and transfer to the airport for your homeward flight. (B)
Itinerary NotesPlease note: Cruise fares do not include port charges.
- 7 Nights Deluxe Cruise Accommodation in an Outside Stateroom - 82% of the Staterooms with large French Balconies (Twin Balconies on select vessels)
- Daily Sightseeing Program as outlined in the Itinerary
- Infotainment System in all Staterooms with Free Internet, Hit Movies, Music Library and English Language TV Stations
- Terry Bathrobes and White-on-white plush Bedding in all Staterooms
- Superb Dining with all Meals included during your Cruise
- Multiple Dining Venues on select vessels
- Free-flowing Red & White Wines from Europe's great Wine Regions, beer and soft drinks with every Dinner on board the Ship
- Bottled Water in every stateroom replenished daily
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner & Captain's Gala Dinner
- Special Highlights including Lectures, Theme Dinners, Cooking Demonstration, onboard Music Performances and afternoon & evening Piano Music
- Use of Bicycles to explore on your own
- Services of Professional Cruise Manager
- All English Language on board in a non-smoking Environment (smoking permitted only on the Sun Deck)
- All Transfers with the Purchase of Cruise, Land & Air package
- All local Taxes
Deposit & Payment
Initial deposit is $600, and most travelers will call our office and pay the deposit with a credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, AmEx, and Discover. Alternatively, you can send a check to our Missoula, Montana, office or register online at: https://www.adventure-life.com/forms/fourways.php
Final payment is due 100 days prior to departure.
Final payment by bank transfer, check or Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Amex.
Booking last minute? No problem! Please contact one of our trip planners, and we can get you on your way if booking less than 100 days prior to departure.
Click here to see a copy of our Terms and Conditions.
|Days Prior to departure||Fee|
|121 days or more||$400 per person|
|120-90 days||$600 per person|
|89-60 days||40% trip cost|
|59-30 days||55% trip cost|
|29-0 days||100% trip cost|
- Ship Highlights
- Passengers : 164
- River Cruise Ship
Inspired by classic ocean yachts, the Amaprima provides the most distinctive river cruise experience. A magnificent glass elevator is one of the unique design elements found onboard, as well as exclusive “Twin Balconies”. The beautifully-decorated and spacious accommodations range in size up to 350 sq. ft. Relax in a heated Sun Deck swimming pool with a “swim-up” bar; enjoy Chaîne des Rôtisseurs culinary creations in five dining venues. The ship also features a Fitness Center, Massage, Hair and Beauty salon; complimentary Internet access and first-run Hollywood movies; plus a fleet of bicycles to enhance your river cruise experience.
Life on Board:
- Multiple outdoor decks offering unimpeded panoramic views
- Sundecks with lounge chairs and retractable roof
- Main Lounge with bar, piano and dance floor
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the vessel
- 24-hour specialty coffee and tea station
- Heated pool with “swim up” bar and whirlpool
- Gift Shop and Fireside Library
- Fitness Room
- Massage and Hair Salon
- Bicycles onboard
- Glass Elevator
- Walking track
- Wine Bar
The Amaprima is proud to offer the industry’s most comprehensive information and entertainment experience, known as “Infotainment.” Stay connected with friends and family back home, thanks to the computer provided in your stateroom and high-speed Internet access plus Wi-Fi. An exclusive movies-on-demand system offers Hollywood’s current releases, a selection of classic films or informative and entertaining travel videos chosen to coincide with your itinerary.
As you sail through Europe’s most beautiful and tranquil scenery, why not take the opportunity to pamper yourself? An expert hair stylist, masseuse and beauty therapist at your disposal for the duration of the cruise. Nestled in a peaceful corner of the ship, next to a well equipped Fitness Center, the Massage, Beauty and Hair Salon offers a variety of treatments using only the finest products available.
Accommodations and Amenities
- All outside staterooms with the distinctive “Twin Balcony” concept for majority of staterooms
- “Twin Balconies” are 235 and 210 sq. ft. and French Balcony Staterooms are 170 sq. ft.
- In room safe, hair dryer, full-length mirror, ample closet space and direct dial telephone
- All staterooms have an exclusive Infotainment system, including complimentary Internet access, first run Hollywood movies and music library
- Flat-screen Televisions with local and satellite channels
- Hotel-style white on white, plush bedding and terry bathrobes
- Spacious bathrooms with multi-jet showerheads
- Complimentary bottled water replenished daily
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Extra spacious Suites are 350 sq. ft. with exclusive “Twin Balcony” and mini-bar
- Enhanced sitting area in Suites featuring a sofa and two chairs
- Suites have expansive bathroom with a bathtub and separate shower
Dining and Cuisine:
Amaprima offers an array of dining options for your culinary enjoyment. Enjoy Chaîne des Rôtisseurs culinary creations in the main dining room or in the Chef's Table restaurant with its own private chef, two "Wine Bar" venues, plus a casual al fresco bistro. On select days, enjoy lunch outdoors on the Sun Deck.
After dinner, you are invited to enjoy engaging evening entertainment. You are sure to be enthralled as different performers come on board each night. It's the perfect complement to your daily discoveries.
Small Group Excursions:
Set your own pace on shore excursions. Enjoy the full attention of your guide. Your expert team ensures that you’re treated with personalized attention, on land as well as on the river. Complimentary excursions provide a world-class land tour in every destination. Top local guides are hired in every location, and you’ll find no more intensive and immersive introduction to the culture and heritage of the region you’re visiting. Different groups are offered - a “Gentle Walkers” group, for those who’d like to explore at a more leisurely pace, and wherever possible an “Active Walkers” group for those interested in covering more ground, and a “Late Starter” group for those who prefer to sleep in.
Piano Deck. Fixed Windows, 148 sq. ft.
Piano Deck. Fixed Windows, 148 sq. ft.
Violin & Cello Deck. French Balcony, 170 sq. ft.
|Category BB |
Cello Deck. French Balcony & Outside Balcony, 210 sq. ft.
Violin Deck. French Balcony & Outside Balcony, 210 sq. ft.
Cello Deck. French Balcony & Outside Balcony, 235 sq. ft.
Violin Deck. French Balcony & Outside Balcony, 235 sq. ft.
Violin Deck. French Balcony & Outside Balcony, 350 sq. ft.