The Paul Gauguin was designed specifically to sail the shallow seas of Tahiti and French Polynesia, visiting small ports that larger ships can’t reach and effortlessly blending into the stunning natural beauty of the South Seas.
She offers an extension of the informal, relaxing environment of the islands, coupled with five-star service, comfort and luxury. Spacious suites and staterooms (more than 70% with private balconies), an onboard watersports marina, a choice of three open-seating dining venues and an extensive spa are among her luxurious attributes.
The atmosphere aboard ship radiates warmth, informality, and Polynesian flair. And the beloved troupe of Gauguines — a local Tahitian group who serve as cruise staff, entertainers and storytellers — add the unique personality of Tahiti to every cruise.
- Most luxurious ship to sail in Tahiti on a year-round basis
- Crew to guest ratio of 1 to 1.5
- All oceanview accommodations, nearly 70% with balconies
- All onboard gratuities included
- Complimentary beverages including fine wines and premium spirits, soft drinks, bottled water, coffee and tea served throughout the ship
- Butler service in categories B and above, including in-suite bar setup and SoundDock® for iPod®
- In-suite mini-bar replenished daily with soft drinks, beer and bottled water
- State-of-the-art retractable Watersports Marina
- Onboard dive program
- Onboard lecture program
- Two elegant restaurants and one pool-side grill, all with open-seating dining
- Well-being and vegetarian selections and special dietetic menus upon request
- Deep Nature Spa
- Casino & Piano Bar, Le Grand Salon and La Palette Lounge for evening entertainment
- WiFi hotspots throughout the ship
- Complimentary 24-hour room service
- Complimentary in-room dining
- Complimentary in-room movie channels and movies available
Suites and Staterooms
All oceanview staterooms and suites – nearly 70% with private balconies, feature temperature control, queen-size bed (a limited number can have twin-bed configuration) bathroom with full–size bathtub and shower, bathrobes, slippers, hair dryer, TV, CD/DVD player, personal safe, a refrigerator stocked with soft drinks, and more! There is one wheelchair accessible stateroom, and select staterooms can accommodate three or four guests by adding cribs or roll-aways.
Personal service is a hallmark of the Paul Gauguin. You’ll know it as soon as you step aboard. With one crew member for every 1.5 guests, you’re assured the highest level of personal attention. The staff’s rigorous dedication to your comfort and well-being is gracefully expressed in a hundred thoughtful acts. The way the maitre d’ remembers your name or which table you prefer. In the extra personal attention the dive master gives every participant in the ship’s onboard SCUBA program. And in the warmth of your stewardess’ smile as she places a perfect ripe mango in your fruit basket. Yet, surprisingly, the staff expects no gratuities. They are included in your cruise fare.
- 24 Room Service
- Butler Service
- Laundry, Dry Cleaning & Pressing Services
- Telephone calls direct from suite or stateroom
- Fax abilities
- Nine computers and a printer
- Internet and Wireless access
- 24-hour Medical Services
Watersports are a highlight of the Polynesian experience, and the Paul Gauguin is constructed to take full advantage of these irresistible waters, with accessibility to ports and adventures that other ships can't offer. The ship's small footprint enables it to navigate lagoons that larger ships would never dare to enter. And the retractable, onboard Watersports Marina brings guests down to sea level, where they can hop aboard a windsurfer, launch a kayak, or embark on a Zodiac for optional diving adventures.
SCUBA aboard the Paul Gauguin
Even for guests who have never been diving, take advantage of the onboard SCUBA lessons. The Paul Gauguin is the only luxury ship in French Polynesia to offer PADI certification onboard for novice divers as well as classes at all levels, from snorkeling to advanced scuba diving techniques, supervised by the personal staff of PADI dive masters. For the convenience of guests, all necessary equipment, including an air compressor to refill scuba tanks, is onboard.
|Porthole Stateroom (F)|
14 staterooms, 200 sq feet, two portholes
|Window Stateroom (E)|
37 staterooms, 200 sq feet, picture window. Some have a loveseat convertible for third guest accommodations.
|Balcony Stateroom (D)|
26 staterooms, 202 sq feet with 37 sq feet veranda. Some have a loveseat convertible for third guest accommodations.
|Balcony Stateroom (C)|
63 staterooms, 202 sq feet with 37 sq feet veranda. Some have a loveseat convertible for third guest accommodations.
|Veranda Stateroom (B)|
17 staterooms, 249 sq feet with 56 sq feet veranda. Butler service. Can accommodate a third guest with a rollaway.
|Veranda Suite (A)|
5 suites, 300 sq feet with 58 sq feet veranda. Butler service, can accommodate 4 guests by adding two rollaways.
2 suites, 332 sq feet with 197 sq feet veranda. Butler service, can accommodate 4 guests by adding two rollaways.
2 suites with 437-531 sq feet and a 57-77 sq feet veranda. Butler service, separate dressing area, can accommodate 4 guests by adding two rollaways.