The Sea Explorer is one of the finest polar adventure ship operating today. She was built in 1991 and was refurbished in 2004 in Norway.
Her proud reputation is complimented by her well-appointed, elegance. Sea Explorer is the perfect expedition ship for people who enjoy soft adventures and creature comforts. The ship boasts internet access, unusual for ships voyaging to such remote destinations.
The Sea Explorer holds 111 guests in 53 luxuriously appointed cabins. All cabins have outside views and facilities en suite.
Sea Explorer is equipped with Zodiacs for shore landings and ocean level cruising, yet offers fine dining, and cabins with exterior views and facilities en suite. Ample viewing is always available on the wrap-around sun deck, and an elevator services all passenger decks for guest convenience. A library, gift shop, exercise room and 24-hour beverage station are just a few of the numerous passenger amenities to enjoy while not ashore exploring.
- Only 111 guests
- 53 outside cabins with exterior views and en suite facilities
- In-room flat screen TV and DVD player
- 4 partially enclosed lifeboats
- Fleet of zodiacs for shore transfers
- 24-hour beverage station
- Dining room with unreserved seating
- Multipurpose lounge and presentation room
- Ice-strengthened hull
- Clinic staffed by licensed doctor
- Polar library
- Exercise room
- Wraparound sun deck
- Polar boutique
- Ship-to-shore satellite communications with email and wireless internet access
- Zodiac Cruising (included)
- Hiking and Snowshoeing (included)
- Optional Kayaking
225 sq ft, two twin beds and a sofa bed. Columbus Deck.
225 sq ft, portholes, sitting area. Magellan Deck.
225 sq ft, window, sitting area. Columbus Deck.
235 sq ft, window, sitting area. Marco Polo Deck.
235 sq ft. Forward and side window, sitting area. Marco Polo Deck.
300 sq ft, private balcony, sitting area. Ericson Deck.
400 sq ft, private balcony, sitting area. Explorer Deck.