Spitsbergen Circumnavigation: Big Island, Big Adventure« All Sea Spirit cruise options
|Dates||Deck + Cabin Type|
|Triple||Main Deck||Classic||Superior||Deluxe||Suite||Owners Suite|
|Jul 4 '13
Jul 16 '13
|Optional Kayaking: $595 per person
Jul 16 '13 - Optional Camping: $225 per person
|Jul 8 '14
Jul 20 '14
|Kayaking Option: $595
Snowshoeing Option: Complimentary
|Deals, Discounts... Savings!|
|These special offers are applicable only to new bookings. Discounts are subject to availability, so contact us for more details.|
-Cabins are available for single occupancy at 1.7 times the double occupancy rate. The supplement for a suite is 2 times the shared rate.
-Emergency medical evacuation coverage for a maximum benefit of US$100,000 per person is included. Contact us for details on arranging additional travel insurance.
Day 1 Embark in Longyearbyen
Your Spitsbergen small ship expedition itinerary begins when you board your ship in Longyearbyen, the island's largest settlement. Enjoy your first view of the island's rugged, glacier-topped mountains, rising majestically from icy Arctic waters.
Days 2-12 Circumnavigation Spitsbergen
Expect a new arctic adventure every day, as you journey around the island of Spitsbergen and explore smaller, outlying islands. The variety of incredible wildlife and geological formations found here is astounding! Every small ship expedition will be unique, but a few of the favorite landing sites include the 14th of July Glacier, Ny London, Phippsoya, Alkefjellet and Sundneset.
The names may seem strange to you, but they each have their own unique appeal. For birders, the 14th of July Glacier is home to Purple Sandpipers, Common Eiders, Barnacle Geese and Arctic Terns; while Alkefjellet is home to nesting Brunich Guillemots and Thick-billed Murres.
If you want to prove that Reindeer are real, then you’ll want to have your camera ready for visits to sites like Ny London, Sundneset and Alkhornet. As for the largest land carnivore in the world – searching for Polar Bears is a constant activity, with Phippsoya and Isbukta being two of their preferred places for hunting – meaning great potential for you to capture them in action.
The walrus sanctuary off Moffen Island is another place often visited, as it can offer you some great opportunities for photographing walrus from the sea.
A big part of appreciating Spitsbergen comes from understanding the culture, not just how people live today, but how this land was first explored. Whaling was a key industry here and you will see blubber ovens and other whaling evidence at landing sites such as Smeerenburg.
Add in the potential for spotting Beluga Whales and colorful tundra meadows displays complemented by immense glaciers, and you start to understand just how much there is to see in Spitsbergen.
Day 13 Disembarkation in Longyearbyen
Your arctic adventure ends as it began, in the frontier-style settlement of Longyearbyen. From here transfer to the airport for your flight home.
Itinerary NotesImportant Reminder
Embracing the unexpected is part of the legacy – and excitement – of expedition travel. When traveling in extremely remote regions, your expedition staff must allow the sea, the ice and the weather to guide route and itinerary details. The above is a tentative outline of what you’ll experience on this cruise – please be aware that no specific itinerary can be guaranteed.
· Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping.
· All breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks on board throughout your voyage.
· All shore landings per the daily program.
· Leadership throughout the voyage by an experienced Expedition Leader, including shore landings and other activities.
· All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program.
· Formal and informal presentations by the Expedition Team and Special Guests as scheduled.
· Photographic Journal on DVD, documenting the voyage.
· A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings.
· An official parka to keep.
· Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock.
· A complimentary selection of alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages.
· Hair dryer and bathrobe in every cabin.
· Comprehensive pre-departure materials, including a map and an informative Arctic Reader.
· All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
· All luggage handling aboard ship.
· On disembarkation day, group transfer from the ship to the airport as specified.
· Emergency Evacuation Insurance for all passengers to a maximum benefit of USD $100,000 per person
· Arrival transfer from Longyearbyen airport to your hotel if you arrive one day prior to embarkation.
· On embarkation day transfer from your hotel or Longyearbyen airport to the ship.
· On disembarkation day, a group transfer from the ship to your hotel or to the Longyearbyen airport.
Deposit & Payment
Initial deposit is 20% (minimum $1000), and most travelers will call our office and pay the deposit with a credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, AmEx, and Discover. Alternatively, you can send a check to our Missoula, Montana, office or register online at: https://www.adventure-life.com/forms/fourways.php
Final payment is due 130 days prior to departure.
Final payment by bank transfer, check or Visa, Mastercard, Discover or AmEx. Credit cards subject to a 3% credit card fee and maximum charge of $10,000 per person ($20,000) per account.
Booking last minute? No problem! Please contact one of our trip planners, and we can get you on your way if booking less than 130 days prior to departure.
Click here to see a copy of our Terms and Conditions.
|Days Prior to departure||Fee|
|180 Days or more||$1200 per person|
|179-120 Days||Entire deposit|
|119 Days or less||100% total cost|
- Ship Highlights
- Passengers : 112
- Luxury Expedition Ship
Sail aboard the luxurious Sea Spirit and you'll experience Antarctica in grand style. This 112-passenger vessel is one of the most spacious and luxurious expedition vessels currently operating. The ship carries a maximum of 112 passengers in 57 stylish cabins and suites. The ship has two large lounges, library, gym and hot tub, elevator access to all passenger levels, and stabilizers to help provide smoother sailing. All of the comfortable cabins are outside suites with private facilities. Sea Spirit is equipped with inflatable boats for shore transfers and cruising.
Sea Spirit Facilities
- Dining Room
- Two spacious Lounges
- Open bar policy for all guests, including a large selection of wines, beers, liquors, mixed drinks, juices, and soft drinks.
- Library/Game room
- Multi-purpose presentation room with state-of-the-art equipment
- Hot tub on the Sports Deck with seating area and Bistro
- Cabins are located in seven distinct categories and all have private facilities - sink, toilet and shower in every cabin, as well as exterior views and satellite telephone access. Fifteen cabins have balconies
- Elevator access to all passenger decks
- Email/Internet facilities, and guests are provided with a card for wireless internet and the services of a digital photography expert
- Medical Clinic
- Stabilizers for smooth sailing
- Kayaking is offered on all Antarctic departures, and camping on all 10 and 15 day voyages
Accommodations aboard the Sea Spirit
All luxuriously appointed cabins are outside suites with private marble bath facilities (sink, shower and toilet), picture window or portholes, walk-in-closet or wardrobe, lounge area, in-room safe, refrigerator and satellite telephone access. TV/VCR, individual controlled thermostats, hair dryers. All cabins have both 220V and 110V electrical outlets.
All suites except Owner’s Suite can be configured as either two twins or a king-size bed, (bed size may vary from standard). The Owner's Suite, Suites and Deluxe Cabins feature private teak balconies.
Located on the Oceanus Deck – 250 sq ft average; includes a picture window right in the hull. Triple cabins feature two wardrobes, two twins or a king-size bed and a pull out sofa bed. Triple cabins are #343-348.
Located on the Main Deck with 215 sq ft; includes a minimum of two portholes. Main deck cabins can be arranged into two twins or a king bed. Main deck cabins are #252, 254-255, 266-267.
Located on the Oceanus Deck with 250 sq ft average; includes a picture window right in the hull. Classic cabins feature two wardrobes, include two twins or a king bed. Classic cabins are #330-336, 338-342.
Located on the Club Deck with 235 sq ft average; includes a walk-in closet and a large picture window opening onto an outside walkway. Superior cabins feature two twins or a king-size bed. Superior cabins are #414-428.
Located on the Sports Deck with 277 sq ft average; includes a sliding glass door leading to a private balcony and a walk-in closet. Deluxe cabins feature two twins or a king-size bed. Deluxe cabins are #505-512.
Located on the Sun Deck with 353 sq ft average; includes a sliding glass door leading to a private balcony, a spacious wardrobe, and a large picture window. Suite cabins feature two twins or a king-size bed. Suite cabins are #601-606.
Located on the Sun Deck – the luxurious Owners Suite offers a spacious living room with game and meeting area, high-definition plasma TV/video player, BOSE stereo system and refrigerator. The large bathroom includes a jetted tub and a walk-in closet. One king bed in separate room, large sliding glass doors leading to a private sun deck at the bow of the ship.
Port of Registry: Nassau, Bahamas
Year Built: 1991
Passenger Capacity:112 persons
Crew: 85 Persons
Ice Class 1D
Lifeboats 4 Partially Enclosed
Speed: 14.5 knots
Oceanus Deck, 250 sq ft. Window, 2 twins or king bed, pull out sofa bed. Private bath facilities.
Main deck, 215 sq ft. 2 portholes, 2 twins or king bed, private bath facilities.
Oceanus deck, 250 sq ft. Window, 2 twin beds or king bed, private bath facilities.
Club deck, 235 sq ft. Picture window, walk in closet, 2 twins or king bed, private bath facilities.
Sports deck, 277 sq ft. Sliding glass door and private balcony. Walk-in closet, 2 twins or king bed, private bath facilities.
Sun Deck, 353 sq ft. Sliding glass door and private balcony, picture window, sitting area, 2 twins or king bed, private bath facilities
Sun deck, spacious living room and meeting area, HD TV, sound system, sliding glass door to private sun deck. King bed in separate sleeping area, large bathroom with jetted tub.