What is Arasha
ARASHÁ is much more than Ecuador's Tropical Forest Resort & Spa and more than the exotic and delicious fruit of this unique region, which was the inspiration for our name.
It is located less than two hours and a half from Quito, Ecuador in the middle of the richest, most biodiverse "Hot Spot" on the globe. With its ecologically sensitive bungalows, ARASHÁ offers its guests a glimpse at the richness and tranquility of this most fragile region combined with the finest in tropical comfort.
From having a stress-relieving aromatic massage, to participating in any one of our many educational ECO-tours, to making chocolate out of cacao seeds, ARASHÁ is an experience that appeals to all senses.
Recognized several times by prestigious international tourism organizations as the finest resort in Ecuador, ARASHÁ has now been honored internationally for its impeccable personalized service, exquisite cuisine, and exceptional accommodations. Once here, guests are sure to find life's poetry in every corner of this unique paradise.
What are biodiversity hotspots
Biodiversity "Hot Spots" are unique places on earth set apart by exceptional levels of plant endemism and by serious levels of habitat loss. In order to qualify as a "hotspot", a region must meet two, very strict criteria.
* First, it must contain at least 1,500 species of vascular plants as endemics.
* Second, it must have lost at least 70% of its original habitat.
They are only a few left and collectively, they constitute only 2.3% of the earth's land surface. Yet, more than 50% of all plants and roughly 45% of all terrestrial vertebrate species are endemic to this region.
Activities & Experiences
* Spring Fed Natural Pool
* Chocolate Workshop
* Artisan's Workshop: Making earrings, collars, rings, and much more
* Primary Forest Tour of Macallares
* Nocturnal Tour of the Rainforest with Torches
* Cascades and Lagoons Tours
* Wild Orchids Guide you to the Caoni River
* Exotic Bird Watching
* Health benefits of natural juices and exotic fruits workshop
* Medicinal Plants workshop
* Complete body & spiritual cleansing with a Colorado Shaman at ARASHÁ
* Ecologically friendly 18 Holes Mini Putt-Putt Golf Course
* Discover the World of Oriental meditation to invoke peace of mind
* White Sands Beach along our Negrito Creek
* Finest tropical Comfort
* Sangay Theater (Eco-educational & Classic Films)
* Exotic Tropical Forest Flowers arrangement workshop
* DELUXE Accommodations
* Transportation: Quito-Arasha Arasha-Quito
(Pick up from anywhere in the Quito Metropolitan area)
* Exquisite Breakfasts, Lunch, Dinner, & Desserts daily. A La Carte Superb New Menu !
* Daily 'Snack bar (Cheese platter, sandwiches, fresh fruit, etc)
* Any natural fruit juice or soft drinks
* National alcoholic beverages (also includes all mixtures with soft drinks)
* 1 Spa treatment per person, per stay
* Free internet service; 15 minutes maximum