This is an example of our preferred hotel, though availability is not guaranteed. If a given hotel is not available for your tour date, we will reserve you a room at a hotel of similar appeal and quality in the same area.
Finch Bay Hotel
The charming Finch Bay - named after the famous Darwin's Finches abundant in the surroundings - is just steps from the beach on a private seaside location, surrounded by mangroves. Here guests can cherish the privacy, natural surroundings and superb service offered by the Finch Bay on their land-based Galapagos tour.
Located on Santa Cruz Island at Punta Estrada, across the bay from the town of Puerto Ayora, it is situated in a quiet location, with only pedestrian and bicycle circulation - there are no cars in the neighborhood.
Finch Bay accommodates 42 guests with 21 twin-bedded rooms, each with private facilities, air conditioning and unlimited water supply, as the hotel has its own desalinization plant. This ecologically oriented hotel also boasts innovative garbage processing and recycling programs. The entire infrastructure as well as the activities are totally oriented to a concept of true ecotourism in a pristine natural environment.
Delicious healthy international and Galapagos inspired menus are prepared daily by our chef, using the freshest ingredients.
Finch Bay is easily accessible. After a two-hour flight from Ecuador\'s mainland, guests arrive to the airport of Baltra in the Galapagos and then take overland transportation to Puerto Ayora and the Finch Bay.
Finch Bay is the only full-service Galapagos Eco-Hotel situated directly on a beach.
* Eco-Hotel with International Service Standards
* 21 rooms with twin beds (one cot for child)
* 17 rooms at ground level, 4 rooms on second floor
* Modern design incorporating Galapagos' natural elements
* Each room has wooden blindsm, a black-out curtain, tile floors and a telephone.
* All rooms are nonsmoking
* Air conditioned rooms (via in-room remote control),
* Each room has a private bath with hot water, hair dryers and soap and shampoo dispensers.
* Beach towels available
* Unlimited water supply (own desalinization plant)
* Ice machine
* Laundry service
* Private Outdoor Pool (open 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM)
* Complimentary transfer to/from Baltra Island airport
* Mangrove-rich coastline
* Bar and Lounge
* Outdoor Jacuzzi
* Restaurant featuring International Cuisine (tastefully blended with local flavors). Buffet Breakfast. Lunch and dinner are a la carte
* Vegetarian and special dietary requirements can be accommodated
* Communications: telephone, fax, e-mail, Internet access.
* Beautiful grounds for strolling
* Beach-front access
* No motorized vehicles
* No paved roads