La Casa De Melgar was the house of Manuel Segundo Ballon, bishop of Arequipa at the end of the 19th century. He organized the most important expedition to "el Misti" volcano, to erect the cross on the highest point of the summit. The bishop transported the rails on mules, which were prepared by the railroad workers. The expedition received the new century by celebrating mass on the small alter next to the cross on January 1, 1900.
The hostal is located in the center of the city in a very safe area. It is located only one block away from Santa Catalina and San Francisco Convent and only four blocks away from the Palza de Armas and the Campania Church. These are all within walking distance to allow guests to visit the historic area.
La Casa De Melgar preserves the original atmosphere while adding modern facilities, such as:
* Private Baths
* Hot water
* Cable TV
* Breakfast Buffet
* And much more...
These amenities allow clients the opportunity of enjoying a colonial setting in a comfortable atmosphere.