This is an example of our preferred hotel, though availability is not guaranteed. If a given hotel is not available for your tour date, we will reserve you a room at a hotel of similar appeal and quality in the same area.
Experience the art of hospitality, defined at Las Alcobas-- an aesthetic marvel designed by renowned power duo Yabu Pushelberg in the fashionable Polanco district of Mexico City. This upscale property provides premier in-room spa amenities and personalized services to guests, ensuring that a stay at this Mexico City hotel is not just comfortable but artfully enthralling.
This masterfully designed hotel in Mexico City, a former residence, has been ingeniously crafted into a series of private ?home-away-from-homes? expressed as intimate alcoves, reflecting its Spanish namesake ?Alcobas?. Step into an artistic fusion of modernity and comfort for a definitive Mexico City hotel stay. Rest on sumptuous goose down bedding, bathe in sunken marble bath tubs and scented oils, and experience a refinement in hospitality.
A stay at Las Alcobas includes thoughtful in-room bath amenities that feature exclusive handmade body soaps, rain showers and whirlpool tubs. Guests may choose to further unwind at the onsite intimate signature spa facility, Aurora Spa, with private treatment areas featuring the latest massage therapies and skin revitalization techniques, inspired by traditional Mexican healing rituals.
- 35 spacious guest rooms with custom-designed furnishings and the finest bedroom linens
- A two-bedroom suite and three penthouses featuring wraparound terraces overlooking the city
- Total mini spa bathroom environment with rain showers, whirlpool and steam jets in each guest room; suites and penthouses include the above plus steam room in shower area
- Personalized Alcobas ?Experiences?
- State-of-the-art technology available in every room
- Marble and glass lobby with ambiance of a cascading water fountain
- Exclusive location near designer boutiques, restaurants, and nightclubs along Polanco?s chic Presidente Masaryk Avenue
- Award-winning chef Martha Ortiz specializing in festive and traditional Mexican food in two venues, Dulce Patria and Barroco
- Personalized host service for every guest
The property offers 35 luxurious guest rooms in Mexico City, including four deluxe suites and penthouses, each one with a sophisticated environment emulating the comfortable rhythms and pleasant energies of a home. Carefully selected features will pamper you while you recharge and rejuvenate. Each intimate space meshes with the Las Alcobas mantra of creating a calming, ?home-away-from home? luxury hospitality experience.
Fashionably designed by Yabu Pushelberg, the rooms and suites at Las Alcobas are dressed with plush amenities and exceptional comfort for a rejuvenating hotel experience in Mexico City.
From custom-made rosewood furniture and all-marble bathrooms complete with opulent spa amenities to deluxe bedding and state-of-the-art entertainment systems, these Mexico City rooms rooms certainly grant guests with a rewarding hotel experience in the Polanco district.
All Luxurious Rooms Feature:
- The finest bed linen by Rivolta Carmigiani, hypoallergenic white goose down comforters and pillows
- Luxury sleep system mattress by Sterns and Fosters
- Rosewood dressing room with signature three-way mirrors and custom closet design
- Custom-made rosewood furniture, including an expansive, 78-inch desk and multi-plug electrical outlets in working area
- In-room electronic safe box with electric outlet
- 42-inch flat screen Aquos by Sharp LCD televisions
- Surround sound CD and DVD home theatre systems by BOSE
- Fully stocked mini bar and refrigerator
- Central control for illumination, temperature control, motorized drapes and sheers, clock radio and service requirements
- Twice daily housekeeping service
- Nightly shoe shine service
Bathe in style at Las Alcobas with the signature five fixture bathrooms featuring rain showers, soaking whirlpool tubs and an assortment of handmade body soaps. Every bathroom n this luxurious Mexico City hotel is finished in sleek marble and in-room spa amenities guarantee a pristine and intimate spa experience for every guest.
In-room Spa Features:
- Five fixture bathrooms: Separate rain shower with body sprays
- Soaking whirlpool tubs with champagne air, aromatherapy and chromotherapy
- Separate water closet room with integrated bidet by Toto, telephone and large vanity
- Exclusive bath amenities by exclusive SCO CARE NYC and signature handmade body soaps
- Comprehensive bath menus
- Plush terry robes and oversized bath towels
Experience two upscale gourmet restaurants developed by the talented Chef Marta Ortiz, of the highly acclaimed ?Aguila y sol? in Mexico City.
Barroco, a 50-seat high end Mexican restaurant offers fine dining and sophistication and the perfect balance between the taste and freshest ingredients, flavors, presentation and superb service.
Dulce Patria an 80-seat vibrant high energy and vibrant redefined ?cantina? with the best Mexican food comprised by traditional plates reinterpreted in a modern context in a lively, stylish and urban environment with lush gardens that take indoors to a serene outdoors experience.
Aurora Spa at Las Alcobas:
Enter a haven of style and luxury in the heart of Mexico?s grandest city. With its distinct mestizo culture, blending Spanish and the native Nahuatl tribal heritages, Mexico City has in recent decades become one of the great financial, economic, educational, cultural and tourist centers of the world. At Aurora Spa, expert staff have blended the rich history and culture of Mexico with the highest levels of service and refinement. Aurora Spa pays homage to the traditions of Mexico by selecting and utilizing the finest indigenous ingredients for its signature therapies. The cozy, well-appointed Spa facilities provide an exquisite space in which to experience unique treatments featuring some of Mexico?s most highly revered natural resources.
Treatments extend from the spa into the guest room through the highly customized and unique bath rituals and luxurious in room bath bar. In room therapies are available for some services and provide another level of convenience for the guest.
Spa Amenities and Services Include:
- Two private treatment areas
- Professional Massage and Skin revitalization therapies
- Aurora Signature Massage ? A customized, full body Swedish massage using custom made local cocoa butter for deep penetration and skin soothing relaxation.
- Obsidian Hot Stone Massage ? A total delightful experience to restore your well-being. The black Mexican obsidian stone is believed to relieve depression and is considered effective for grounding and healing.
- Avena y Agave Scrub ? Mexico?s Ancient Civilizations considered the maguey (agave) a sacred plant, they believed the liquid from this plant purified the body and soul. This superb treatment is a unique combination of agave syrup, basil oil and oatmeal which are blended to create a sweet skin smoothing exfoliant.
- Tepezcohuite Body Drench ? A deeply therapeutic body salve benefiting from the renowned healing properties of the bark of the Mexican Skin Tree. This natural wonder of healing has been utilized by the indigenous people of Mexico for centuries to cure ailments of all types.
- Meringue de Ahuacatli ? A super hydrating body wrap rich in vitamin E, specially designed for dry skin that fails to respond to conventional therapies. The experience begins with a relaxing massage using organic avocado oil and a homemade balm from the native Mexican fruit, a rich emollient which soothes, nourishes, heals, and smoothes skin.