Ideally located on a bluff just ten Km from the Tarangire National Park gate, the Tarangire Safari Lodge offers incredible views of the Tarangire River and the surrounding park. As the first lodge in the park, it offers guests an unparalleled location, incredible animal encounters year round, and comfortable Africa safari accommodations. The lodge is made up of canvas tents and stone bungalows with nicely appointed common areas and an open air dining room. Relax in the common lounge after your Tanzania safari and enjoy the handmade furniture, made from recycled wood from old dhow boats, or enjoy a sundowner cocktail on the large main terrace as you watch a herd of elephants, or a pride of lions!
Tents: Each tent is built on a solid base and has a private thatched-roof veranda attached. The large screened windows provide unobstructed views of the valley, and curtains provide privacy at night. Each tent offers an en suite bathroom with solar heated showers.
Bungalows: Each of the 5 stone bungalows are set up to facilitate triple accommodation or families. All beds have a mosquito net, and the Maasai style circular huts offer large windows and a shared veranda with views of the nearby watering whole. En suite bathrooms offer solar heated showers.
- Free Wi-Fi in Main Lodge
- Complimentary Tea and Coffee
- Alcohol available for purchase
- International/home-style meals are served buffet style
- Baobab Boutique Shop
- Electricity available in Main Lodge only (6 AM-11AM and 6 PM-11PM)
- Charging stations located in Main Lodge
- Wheel Chair Accessible
- Massage available for purchase
- Sundowners with complimentary savories
- Bush Walks (additional fee may apply)
- Guided Night drive (additional fee may apply)