This is an example of our preferred hotel, though availability is not guaranteed. If a given hotel is not available for your tour date, we will reserve you a room at a hotel of similar appeal and quality in the same area.
Victoria House resort is the most luxurious place you will ever stroll around barefoot. Bask in the splendor of a private retreat spanning ten acres of white sand beaches, lush tropical gardens, stunning coral reefs, and award-winning accommodations. Victoria House is ideally located just two miles south of San Pedro, Belize on the Island of Ambergris Caye. Discover island bliss at Victoria House; an extraordinary getaway with friendly people and impeccable service.
With only forty-two accommodations, Victoria House is small and exclusive and has retained the casual ambiance and outstanding staff that make it a true Belizean experience. All of the Casitas, Plantation Rooms and Suites and private Villas are located in lush tropical gardens with tall swaying palm trees and sweeping views of the reef and white sand beach. Some accommodations such as the beachfront villas and Rainforest Suite are just steps from the azure Caribbean, while the Plantation rooms and Casitas are set slightly further back from the beach but still offer beach views.
- State rooms: The plantation style building is home to the State Rooms. Elegantly furnished and located on the second floor of the hotel they are accessed by a wrap-around shared balcony and offer tropical garden, beachfront swimming pool and patio views. All rooms are air-conditioned with mini-bars for your convenience.
- Casita: Greet a stunning sunrise from the private veranda of your thatch-roofed caba?a. Each cabana is decorated with mahogany beds draped in custom mosquito netting allowing you to enjoy the cool evening breezes, or if you prefer each unit is air-conditioned. The Cabanas are separated from the Caribbean by only a white sand beach and a wide expanse of verdant lawn. Casitas are available with a queen or two single beds in each cottage. All casitas have their own private baths.
- Plantation Rooms: Plantation Rooms are surrounded by tropical hibiscus filled gardens and coconut palms. Each room features a private entrance, individual verandas with lovely views of the pool and beach and private bath. All rooms have Caribbean plantation style interiors with either a queen or king size bed.
- Plantation Suite: Both Plantation Suites, 16 and 12, are located on the second level of the main building and offer a bright and spacious parlor with separate king size bedrooms; the custom made Mahogany beds with luxurious down pillows and tropical weight duvets are draped in our signature mosquito canopies. Each suite has central air conditioning and is accessed by a wrap around verandah that is shared by three Staterooms; from Plantation suite 16 there is a garden view and from suite 12 there is a pool and beach view.
- Rainforest Suite: The Rainforest Suite, or Honeymoon Suite, is only fifty feet from the waters edge with a wrap around furnished verandah. The suite is a secluded unit with private bath and an oversized room featuring jungle style, whimsical flora and fauna wall frescos painted by a renowned local artist. Floor to ceiling windows and French doors provide all the views you could wish for in this tropical paradise.
- Casas: Three Casas to choose from, the Casa Playa Blanca, Casa del Sol, and the Casa Azul offer the privacy of your own private villa. Ranging from 2-4 bedrooms with luxurious amenities and en-suite baths, complete kitchen facilities as well as air conditioning. Each boasts of beachfront luxury, ideal for those wishing for more spacious accommodations or for families.
Fantasea Dive Shop at Victoria House offers a variety of different of activities to meet our guests\' needs....fishing, diving, snorkeling, birding, cave tubing... you\'ll enjoy discussing your wishes with Javier Williams, Activities Director. Javier will help to plan and coordinate your itinerary, keeping in mind the importance of relaxing in a Mayan hammock strung between a two swaying palms. Be as laid back, as you desire or as adventurous as you dare!
Belizean waters are justifiably world-renowned for sports fishing. Whether your desires are to land a dinner for your table after a day on the reef, the thrill of hooking a huge game fish, or light tackle and fly-fishing for bonefish on the flats, you will find our guides to be some of the best in the country. Many of guests return year after year for the opportunity of fishing with their favorite guide. You may be back next year for the very same reason!
* Flats Fishing - Bonefish, Permit and Tarpon
* Reef Fishing -Snapper, Grouper, Jack, Barracuda
* Deep Sea Fishing - Sailfish, Marlin, Tuna Wahoo
Full day and half-day trips are available, with your choice of refreshments and box lunches on request. Trips include boat and guide. Guides provide excellent quality rods and reels for guest use.
- Diving & Snorkeling
Diving... enjoy the most beautiful diving excursions on the second largest barrier reef in the world, located just a half mile from the shores of Ambergris Caye. Victoria House\'s own Fantasea Dive Shop on their pier boast the most experienced PADI Dive Masters and offers full PADI certification courses, excellent scuba and snorkeling gear and one-day resort courses for non-divers, and much more. Local and Offshore Dive Trips (Blue Hole and Turneffe) are available and easily arranged.
Avid divers may want to bring their personal equipment; otherwise you\'ll find all gear, including masks, snorkels, BC\'s, wetsuits and lights, available at Fantasea Dive Shop. Proof of certification is required.
Snorkeling... in the crystal clear waters of Ambergris Caye non-divers can enjoy the beauty of the under-the-sea world. There are several sites to snorkel and skin-dive; Hol Chan under water Marine Reserve, Mexico Rocks and Coral Garden are all within a short boat ride form the Victoria House pier. All equipment can be rented from Fantasea Dive Shop.
- Mainland & Water Tours
Mayan Tours... long before the discovery of the Americas by Europeans, the land now known as Belize was home to a thriving and advanced culture. The living descendants of this period are a proud part of the mosaic of modern Belize, while the remains of their cities and cultural centers are found all over the land. Many are recognized archeological sites but others remain undiscovered in farmers\' fields and towns people\'s back gardens. The hotel will assist you in planning a day trip or an overnight excursion to these unique aspects of our Belizean heritage. From the island two Mayan sites are recommended: Altun Ha and Lamanai.
Water tours... Manatee Watching, Cave Tubing, Belize Zoo, Jungle Canopy Zip Line...all these wonderful and exciting tours leave from the hotel pier. All are full day trips and all begin with a relaxing boat ride to the mainland.
An amazing variety of birds including the rare and secretive Black Catbird may be observed in the immediate vicinity of Victoria House, and a short forty minute boat ride to the leeward side of Ambergris Caye will introduce you to the many more birds indigenous to this area. Some species you can observe will include Great Blue and Little Blue Herons, Roseate Spoonbills, White Ibis, Brown Pelicans, the Reddish Egret in its rare White Phase and the majestic five foot tall Jabiru Strork. On your way back for lunch at the hotel you may choose to stop for a refreshing snorkel on the reef.
- Helicopter Tours
Reservations for these amazing adventure can be reserved by the Activities Coordinator at the hotel. Trained staff will create a truly unforgettable event for you, specializing in transfers to San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Placencia or any destination in Belize. Custom helicopter adventures can take you to the Blue Hole, Glovers Reef, Turneffe Islands, Victoria Peak, 1000 ft Falls, Altun Ha, Caracol, Lamanai or many of the other destinations in Belize.
Dining at Victoria House can be as romantic or as casual as you desire. There are three different options for you to choose from depending on the time of day and ambiance you want. Whatever your choice you are bound to be well looked after and enjoy the cuisine of fresh local ingredients and seafood.
- Restaurant Palmilla overlooks the pool and the beautiful Caribbean; it is fully air-conditioned for those rare occasions when the weather does not cooperate! Casual for breakfast and lunch yet candle lit in the evenings, Palmilla offers a full a la carte menu created by our Chef Jose Luis Ortega.
- The Poolside Patio is perfect for al fresco dining, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner the patio is located just outside the restaurant. Offering the same magnificent views as Palmilla makes it a favorite for lunch.
- Admiral Nelsons Beach Bar is a lovely Belizean style Palapa thatch roof bar and casual dining veranda. Only a few feet from the waters edge and pier it is the prime spot to watch divers and fishermen return with their catch of the day and their tall tales of the one that got away.