Sapibenega is the first complete ecological Kuna Lodge. It is located on a private island close to the community of Playon Chico, on the Caribbean side of Panama. The lodge is owned by Paliwitur Sapibe, a native Kuna Indian. The staff work hard to ensure that guests of Sapibenega feel comfortable and welcomed. Private, tranquil and beautiful, the lodge offers an unfortable stay in Panama's paradise San Blas Islands.
* A social area
* Two bar-restaurants
* Thirteen culturally-unique Kuna style cabins with private baths, wooden floors, composting toilets, fresh water
* 24 hours electricity
* A tour to the Kuna village of Playon Chico to get to know the local Kuna community, political infrastruce and handcrafting
* Excursion to Uan (the Kuna burial ground) to experience part of Kuna rites and customs
* Trek along the mainland to Kolebir, a traditional Kuna village
* Excursion to Dupir, an uninhabited island for beaching and swimming
* Excursion to Diadup, an uninhabited island for beaching and snorkeling
* Excursion to Arridup (Iguana) an uninhabited island for beaching, swimming and snorkeling
* Sailing, fishing, canoeing
* Jungle trekking to Saibar Maid waterfall where travelers have the opportunity to explore the flora and fauna. Native guide included
* Birdwatching at Diwar Dumad. Optional walks through the forest to learn about the medicinal plants used traditionally by the Kuna
Want to Go?