110Ship Type: Ice Breaker Ship
The Kapitan Khlebnikov is a polar-class icebreaker combining power and technology with comfort. It was built in Finland in 1981 and is a powerful polar class icebreaker which has sailed to extremely remote corners of the globe with adventurous travelers since 1992. Originally designed to take on the rigors of northern Siberia, the 24,000 horsepower engine and advanced ice-breaking technology take you places no other ship can. Two on-board helicopters enable spectacular sightseeing of some of the most remote landscapes on the planet.
The ship's interior provides passenger facilities necessary for excellent comfort, with accommodations in 52 outside cabin and suites. The vessel carries a maximum of 110 passengers.
All cabins feature large windows that can be opened for fresh or cooler air. Each cabin has a private bathroom with shower, toilet and wash-basin. All cabins come equipped with a desk, hair dryer, robes and large closets. The second bed in each cabin is a convertible sofa bed, which is made up each night by the stewardess and converted back into a sofa during the day. Triple cabins have two lower berths and one upper berth. All suites have a sitting room separated from the bedroom, TV and DVD player. All cabins have robes for use while on board, which will be collected on the last day of the voyage. These are available for purchase if passengers wish to take one home.
* Dining room with unreserved seating
* Chef-prepared meals (all meals and daily snack included)
* Coffee, tea and snacks served around the clock
* Lounge and bar staffed by a professional bartender
* Passenger elevator
* Heated indoor plunge pool
* Theater-style auditorium with state of the art equipment, for daily presentations from the Expedition Team
* Polar Library stocked with books and DVDs
* Polar Boutique
* Clinic with licensed doctor
Ice Class: LL3
Cruising Speed: 15 knots