184Ship Type: Luxury Expedition Ship
Launching in 2018, this luxurious yacht incorporates 88 elegantly designed cabins, 4 spacious suites with large windows, and lounge areas that open onto the outside, providing for an extraordinary cruising experience.
Explore an ever-increasing range of destinations and spectacular scenery, authentic encounters, close-up observation of wildlife, and much more in an ethnic-chic ambience with luxury service.
Le Champlain is equipped with a multi-sensory underwater passenger lounge, called Blue Eye, located within the hull beneath the water line. Non-intrusive underwater projectors enable the observation of the seabed and photo-luminescent organisms without any risk to the marine biosphere. Guests can also listen to the underwater world thanks to hydrophones that are integrated beneath the keel. This major innovation in cruising allows guests to become modern-day explorers, observe the fauna and flora of the sub-aquatic world, and to feel and be at the heart of an underwater universe.
Le Champlain's cabins and suites provide a haven in which luxury and nature are reinvented in a refined resort atmosphere. Each feature:
- A private balcony
- Individually-controlled air-conditioning
- King-size bed or twin beds
- Choice of pillow (down or hypoallergenic)
- Shower or bathtub
- Mini bar (unlimited drinks, replenished every day)
- Kettle and Nespresso coffee machine
- Flat screen TV
- Satellite TV
- Desk with stationery
- Dressing table and hair dryer
- Ipod (TM) players
- Video on demand
- Satellite direct line telephone
- 110/220 volts outlet
- French bath products
- 24hr room service
- Butler service
- Laundry service (additional charge)
- Wi-Fi Internet access
- Outdoor hot tub in Owner's Suite
Grill restaurant: deck 3. Relaxed dining with a capacity of 70 people. Serves grilled meats daily, along with a selection of salads and desserts.
Panoramic restaurant: deck 4. Can accommodate all passengers in a single sitting. This dining area opens onto the outside and serves a buffet of salads, cheeses, and desserts. French cuisine and gastronomy take pride of place.
Le Champlain features many common areas that are designed and equipped to meet all of your needs while preserving the intimacy of each passenger.
A 140 m² reception area includes:
- A reception/concierge desk
- An excursions desk
- The ship’s administrative services
- The sales office, manned by a Guest Relations Officer
- A 50 m² boutique which sells clothing, jewelery, beauty products, postcards and various accessories
- Toilets accessible to passengers with reduced mobility
A new hydraulic platform with adjustable height provides:
- Easier boarding than on any other cruise ship
- Easier Zodiac embarkation and disembarkation for expeditions
- Easier access to the sea for swimming and practicing various water sports such as kayaking or paddle boarding
A pool deck offers:
- A pool with a panoramic view, equipped with a counter-current swimming system
- A pleasant solarium
- An outdoor bar and lounge with armchairs and sofas
A 200 m² main lounge where passengers can share convivial moments and where activities are organized during the day or evening.
A theater that seats 188 guests, equipped with:
- The latest sound and lighting technology
- A LED wall as the stage backdrop, for the projection of high-resolution images and videos
An observatory - a cozy and serene lookout point.
Relaxation area, spa, fitness room, and sauna with a unique panoramic view.
Art/photo video gallery and Kid's Club.
Blue Eye underwater lounge.
Length: 131 meters
Width: 18 meters
Average cruising speed: 15 knots
Crew members: 110
On-board expedition Zodiacs: 10
On-board launch, Boston Whaler type: 1