56Ship Type: Luxury Expedition Ship
Le Ponant is the ultimate way to explore the Caribbean in style and comfort. She is an elegant, three-masted sailing vessel ideal for expedition cruising. When her sprawling sails are unfurled, Le Ponant
glides through the water at a brisk 10–12 knots carrying up to 56 guests, a fleet of Zodiacs, and facilities for snorkeling and diving.
The four-deck sailboat has ample public space, has two restaurants serving French cuisine, a lounge, bar, and small reading room (Sapphire Room) with a selection of books. Lounge on the Sun Deck, a large open space with deck chairs for relaxing and viewing the scenery. The Antigua Deck has guest staterooms and the al fresco restaurant. On the St. Barth Deck, there is a lounge for lectures, bar, formal dining room, and reception. There is an open-bridge policy, contingent upon weather and navigation conditions.
Staterooms average 160 square feet, have a hair dryer, direct dial phone for international calls and cabin-to-cabin calls, safe deposit box, an intercom system for announcements, at least one closet and one shelf unit, European-type outlets (two round sockets) at 220 volts, individual heat/air conditioning controls, a minibar, and complimentary bottled water.
All cabins have lower beds. The bed configuration varies from two twins to one double. Several staterooms accommodate a third guest. Cabins 1–5 (Antigua Deck), 6, 7, and 9 have one double bed; staterooms 10,12, and 14 have one double bed and a convertible sleeper sofa; all other staterooms have two lower twin beds that can be moved together into one queen bed.
Each restaurant holds all 56 guests at one seating. Special dietary requests (except Kosher) can be fulfilled with advance notice. Room service for breakfast is available with advance request.
• Snorkel gear and beach towels are available for all guests.
• Weights and tanks are available for certified divers. All divers must bring any additional equipment.
• Le Ponant carries a fleet of Zodiacs.
• A doctor and a small infirmary are available on board. Rates are posted.
• Laundry services are available (no dry cleaning). Rates are posted. No beauty salon on board.
• Small glass cases showcase Le Ponant ship and trip memorabilia for sale.
• Due to the active nature of the expeditions, no pool, gym, or sauna facilities are available.
Gross Tonnage: 1,490
Length: 290 feet
Beam: 39 feet
Draft: 13 feet
Crew Nationality: French & Filipino
Ship’s Registry: France