Blue Danube Discovery« All MS Amalegro cruise options
|Dates||Deck + Cabin Type|
|Cat E||Cat D||Cat C||Cat B||Cat A||Junior Suite|
Day 1 Arrive Budapest, Hungary / Embark
Arrive in Budapest and transfer to your luxurious river cruise ship docked in the center of the city. Tonight, gather on board for a Gala Welcome Dinner, as your ship cruises overnight to Bratislava. (D)
Day 2 Bratislava, Slovakia / Vienna, Austria
A guided morning tour of Bratislava reveals the city's major sights, including the Old Town Hall, the stunning Mirbach Palace and the Gothic St. Martin's Cathedral. The afternoon is free to shop or explore on your own. Perhaps, visit the 13th century Bratislava Castle where you'll enjoy breathtaking views overlooking three countries - Slovakia, Austria and Hungary. An eventful day is followed by an evening filled with an enchanting music performance on board. After midnight the ship departs for Vienna. (B,L,D)
Day 3 Exploring Vienna
A wonderful day to savour the baroque romance of Vienna. On your guided sightseeing tour, you will see the lavish Hofburg Palace, the impressive Vienna Opera House, the majestic Ringstrasse, awe-inspiring St. Stephen's Cathedral and also visit the National Library. The afternoon is free to stroll along Kärntnerstrasse or sample Vienna's famous pastries. Tonight, explore the vibrant Austrian capital on your own, or come along for an optional Mozart and Strauss concert (B,L,D)
Day 4 Durnstein / Melk
Early this morning reach the Wachau Valley. Stop in Dürnstein and marvel at the magnificent blue façade of the baroque Stiftskirche. Above town you will spot the ruins of the castle where Richard the Lionheart, King of England, was imprisoned in 1192. Your walking tour through medieval cobblestone streets reveals 16th-century town houses and wine taverns. At lunchtime, continue on a short cruise to Melk. A guided tour takes you to the town's magnificent Benedictine Abbey, one of Europe's largest baroque monasteries. An evening wine tasting highlights your visit to the Wachau Valley. (B,L,D)
Day 5 Linz / Passau, Germany
After breakfast, take an optional full-day excursion to fascinating Salzburg and the Sound of Music sights, or cruise through Upper Austria to Passau in Germany. In Passau the rivers Inn and Ilz join the Danube. During your walking tour, gaze at this fairy-tale city founded more than 2,000 ago. (B,L,D)
Day 6 Regensburg
Afternoon arrival in Regensburg, one of Germany's best preserved medieval cities. A guided tour will show you the city's architectural highlights, including the Old Town Hall, and the Porta Pretoria - a gateway to an ancient Roman fort built in 179 AD. Marvel at beautiful churches and one of the oldest bridges crossing the Danube. Tonight, folklore entertainers will come on board for your delight. (B,L,D)
Day 7 Nuremberg
This morning enter the Main-Danube Canal and relax during a leisurely cruise through the beautiful Altmühl Valley. The Main-Danube Canal straddles the Franconian Alps via 16 locks, truly a fascinating feat of modern engineering. In the afternoon enjoy a guided tour of Nuremberg, capital of Franconia. See the storybook 900-year old ramparts that surround this historic city, the Imperial Castle and the Justice Palace where the War Crimes Tribunal sat in 1946. Moor overnight in Nuremberg. (B,L,D)
Day 8 Nuremberg / Disembark / Return Home
This morning, disembark after breakfast and transfer to the airport for flights home. (B)
Itinerary NotesPlease note: Cruise fare does not include port charges, please add $147 per person
- 7 Nights Deluxe Cruise Accommodation in an Outside Stateroom - 82% of the Staterooms with large French Balconies (Twin Balconies on select vessels)
- Daily Sightseeing Program as outlined in the Itinerary
- Infotainment System in all Staterooms with Free Internet, Hit Movies, Music Library and English Language TV Stations
- Terry Bathrobes and White-on-white plush Bedding in all Staterooms
- Superb Dining with all Meals included during your Cruise
- Multiple Dining Venues on select vessels
- Free-flowing Red & White Wines from Europe's great Wine Regions, beer and soft drinks with every Dinner on board the Ship
- Bottled Water in every stateroom replenished daily
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner & Captain's Gala Dinner
- Special Highlights including Lectures, Theme Dinners, Cooking Demonstration, onboard Music Performances and afternoon & evening Piano Music
- Use of Bicycles to explore on your own
- Services of Professional Cruise Manager
- All English Language on board in a non-smoking Environment (smoking permitted only on the Sun Deck)
- All local Taxes
Deposit & Payment
Initial deposit is $600, and most travelers will call our office and pay the deposit with a credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, AmEx, and Discover. Alternatively, you can send a check to our Missoula, Montana, office or register online at: https://www.adventure-life.com/forms/fourways.php
Final payment is due 100 days prior to departure.
Final payment by bank transfer, check or Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Amex.
Booking last minute? No problem! Please contact one of our trip planners, and we can get you on your way if booking less than 100 days prior to departure.
Click here to see a copy of our Terms and Conditions.
|Days Prior to departure||Fee|
|121 days or more||$400 per person|
|120-90 days||$600 per person|
|89-60 days||40% trip cost|
|59-30 days||55% trip cost|
|29-0 days||100% trip cost|
- Ship Highlights
- Passengers : 148
- River Cruise Ship
Launched in 2007, the MS Amalegro is part of the newest, state-of-the-art fleet of river cruise vessels in Europe. This vessel sets new standards in European river cruising and offers a number of features which no other European river cruise ship can match. The MS Amalegro carries 148 passengers in unequaled luxury, comfort and style and is staffed by a highly-trained professional crew, with an ongoing emphasis on personal service.
This vessel features an array of amenities specifically designed for comfort, convenience and luxury on the great waterways of Europe.
The latest high-tech features onboard:
* BICYCLES: Each ship has plenty of bicycles onboard which can be used by passengers, free of charge, to explore the small towns. Most regions offer well-maintained bicycle paths along the river.
* WELLNESS AREA: Located in the aft area of the Violin Deck, this generously designed space includes a glassed-in fitness room, massage and beauty salon; the aft lounge with modern wicker furniture and French doors to enjoy the fresh river air.
* ELEVATOR: Each ship has an elevator, which very few river cruise ships feature. The elevator reaches four different levels: the Restaurant level (1), the Staterooms on the Cello Deck (2), the Lobby and Panorama Lounge (3) and the Staterooms on the Violin Deck (4).
* INFOTAINMENT SYSTEMS: Every stateroom is equipped with monitor, keyboard with Internet access, English language TV stations, a large movie selection and numerous music programs. Our satellite telephone system allows you to call home for a nominal fee.
* STATEROOMS: Inside your exquisitely decorated stateroom, you'll find all the amenities of a fine hotel with white-on-white plush bedding, a cozy sitting area, Infotainment System, hair dryer, safe, terry bathrobes, individually controlled air-conditioning and ample closet space. All staterooms and Jr. Suites are outside; over 82% feature large French balconies, which are a true delight when relaxing in your stateroom.
* JUNIOR SUITES: Although rarely found on European river cruise ships, Junior Suites aboard our ships are extra spacious at 255 square feet. They feature a comfortable sitting area with a sofa and two chairs, floor-to-ceiling windows with French balconies and luxurious, extra spacious bathrooms with bathtubs and showers. The suites sell quickly, so early reservations are recommended.
Built in: Holland
Length: 360 feet
Width: 38 feet
Crew: 41 (European)
Jr. Suites: 4
Ship Registry: Built in Switzerland
Home port: Basel
170 sq. feet. 6 cabins on Piano Deck. Picture window, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #108-113.
170 sq. feet. 7 cabins on Piano Deck. Picture window, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #101-107.
170 sq. feet. 6 cabins on Cello Deck. French balcony, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #225-230.
170 sq. feet. 24 cabins on Cello Deck. French balcony, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #201-224.
170 sq. feet. 28 cabins on Violin Deck. French balcony, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #305-332.
255 sq. feet. 4 cabins on Violin Deck. French balcony, sitting area, bathtub and shower, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #310-304.