Vineyards of the Rhine & Mosel« All MS Amalegro cruise options
|Dates||Deck + Cabin Type|
|Cat E||Cat D||Cat C||Cat B||Cat A||Junior Suite|
Day 1 Arrive Amsterdam, Netherlands / Embark
Arrive in charming Amsterdam. Your luxurious river cruise ship is moored near the city center. Meet your fellow travelers tonight at the Cocktail Reception. (D)
Day 2 Amsterdam
After breakfast, admire beautiful 17th-century homes, charming churches and 16th-century merchant houses on a guided canal boat tour. Enjoy an afternoon information briefing as you cruise towards Germany. (B,L,D)
Day 3 Dusseldorf / Cologne, Germany
This morning, arrive in Düsseldorf, mooring on the fashionable Rhine Embankment next to the historic Old Town. Here, you will disembark for a walking tour to see the Burgplatz with its Old Castle Tower, Marktplatz with the Town Hall and the sophisticated shopping of the Kings Avenue. Later, cruise the Rhine to Cologne; arriving in the afternoon, you will visit the fabled 13th-century Gothic cathedral. The ship overnights in Cologne and is minutes away from the Old Town, perfect for after dinner exploration. (B,L,D)
Day 4 Rudesheim
This morning, see the stunning beauty of the Rhine castles and the infamous Lorelei Rock as we sail through the fascinating Rhine Gorge. After lunch, arrive in Rüdesheim, where you will enjoy an afternoon wine tasting with a local vintner. Explore the Drosselgasse, a narrow alley lined with wine taverns and restaurants during your free time. In the evening, visit Siegfried's Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum. The ship overnights here. (B,L,D)
Day 5 Mainz / Koblenz
Today, decide between two excursions: take a guided walking tour of beautiful Mainz and see the famous Gutenberg Museum, home of the world’s first printed bible, and then return to the ship for lunch. Another option is a visit to the Koblenz Flower Show, taking place through October in the historic wine-growing town of Koblenz situated at the confluence of the Mosel and Rhine rivers. This special event features 120 acres of magnificent floral displays, exhibitions and events. Exhibit grounds include the hilltop Ehrenbreitstein Fortress, which you will visit. The ship continues on to dock in the early evening in the vicinity of Koblenz. (B,L,D)
Day 6 Cochem
After breakfast, begin cruising the beautiful Mosel River with its steep sided banks of vineyards. After lunch, we stop in Cochem, where you'll enjoy a guided visit of Reichsburg Castle, with spectacular views of the river. (B,L,D)
Day 7 Bernkastel
Arrive in Bernkastel and explore this quaint little town on a walking tour. Strategically located in the middle of the Mosel wine-producing region, it boasts over 500 years of documented wine history. (B,L,D)
Day 8 Remich / Luxembourg / Paris
This morning, bid farewell to your cruise ship and head to Luxembourg for a walking tour of the Grand Duchy. After lunch on your own, continue to Paris via TGV high-speed train. Arrive in Paris mid-afternoon and check-in to your hotel. (B)
Day 9 Explore Paris
Enjoy Paris’ famous sights during this morning's guided tour. Visit Notre Dame Cathedral, pass the Louvre Museum, the commemorative Arc de Triomphe, Opéra, Madeleine, Champs Elysées and much more. The remainder of the day is yours to explore on your own. (B)
Day 10 Free Day Paris
Your last day in the "City of Lights" is free for you to enjoy. Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower, built for the 1889 World's Fair; gaze at the Impressionist collection at Musée D'Orsay; stroll along the Seine; or choose one of the various optional tours that are offered. (B)
Day 11 Transfer to airport / Return Home
Transfer to the airport for your homebound flight. (B)
Itinerary NotesPlease note: Rates do not include port charges: $147 per person
- 7 Nights Deluxe Cruise Accommodation in an Outside Stateroom - 82% of the Staterooms with large French Balconies
- Daily Sightseeing Program as outlined in the Itinerary
- Infotainment System in all Staterooms with Free Internet, Hit Movies, Music Library and English Language TV Stations
- Terry Bathrobes and White-on-white plush Bedding in all Staterooms
- Superb Dining with all Meals included during your Cruise
- Free-flowing Red & White Wines from Europe's great Wine Regions, beer and soft drinks with every Dinner on board the Ship
- Bottled Water in every stateroom replenished daily
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner & Captain's Gala Dinner
- Transfer from the Ship to Luxembourg, followed by high-speed TGV train to Paris
- 3 Nights Hotel Accommodation in Paris, including daily Buffet Breakfast
- Special Highlights including Lectures, Theme Dinners, Cooking Demonstration, onboard Music Performances and afternoon & evening Piano Music
- Use of Bicycles to explore on your own
- Services of Professional Cruise Manager
- All English Language on board in a non-smoking Environment (smoking permitted only on the Sun Deck)
- All local Taxes
Deposit & Payment
Initial deposit is $600, and most travelers will call our office and pay the deposit with a credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, AmEx, and Discover. Alternatively, you can send a check to our Missoula, Montana, office or register online at: https://www.adventure-life.com/forms/fourways.php
Final payment is due 100 days prior to departure.
Final payment by bank transfer, check or Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Amex.
Booking last minute? No problem! Please contact one of our trip planners, and we can get you on your way if booking less than 100 days prior to departure.
Click here to see a copy of our Terms and Conditions.
|Days Prior to departure||Fee|
|121 days or more||$400 per person|
|120-90 days||$600 per person|
|89-60 days||40% trip cost|
|59-30 days||55% trip cost|
|29-0 days||100% trip cost|
- Ship Highlights
- Passengers : 148
- River Cruise Ship
Launched in 2007, the MS Amalegro is part of the newest, state-of-the-art fleet of river cruise vessels in Europe. This vessel sets new standards in European river cruising and offers a number of features which no other European river cruise ship can match. The MS Amalegro carries 148 passengers in unequaled luxury, comfort and style and is staffed by a highly-trained professional crew, with an ongoing emphasis on personal service.
This vessel features an array of amenities specifically designed for comfort, convenience and luxury on the great waterways of Europe.
The latest high-tech features onboard:
* BICYCLES: Each ship has plenty of bicycles onboard which can be used by passengers, free of charge, to explore the small towns. Most regions offer well-maintained bicycle paths along the river.
* WELLNESS AREA: Located in the aft area of the Violin Deck, this generously designed space includes a glassed-in fitness room, massage and beauty salon; the aft lounge with modern wicker furniture and French doors to enjoy the fresh river air.
* ELEVATOR: Each ship has an elevator, which very few river cruise ships feature. The elevator reaches four different levels: the Restaurant level (1), the Staterooms on the Cello Deck (2), the Lobby and Panorama Lounge (3) and the Staterooms on the Violin Deck (4).
* INFOTAINMENT SYSTEMS: Every stateroom is equipped with monitor, keyboard with Internet access, English language TV stations, a large movie selection and numerous music programs. Our satellite telephone system allows you to call home for a nominal fee.
* STATEROOMS: Inside your exquisitely decorated stateroom, you'll find all the amenities of a fine hotel with white-on-white plush bedding, a cozy sitting area, Infotainment System, hair dryer, safe, terry bathrobes, individually controlled air-conditioning and ample closet space. All staterooms and Jr. Suites are outside; over 82% feature large French balconies, which are a true delight when relaxing in your stateroom.
* JUNIOR SUITES: Although rarely found on European river cruise ships, Junior Suites aboard our ships are extra spacious at 255 square feet. They feature a comfortable sitting area with a sofa and two chairs, floor-to-ceiling windows with French balconies and luxurious, extra spacious bathrooms with bathtubs and showers. The suites sell quickly, so early reservations are recommended.
Built in: Holland
Length: 360 feet
Width: 38 feet
Crew: 41 (European)
Jr. Suites: 4
Ship Registry: Built in Switzerland
Home port: Basel
170 sq. feet. 6 cabins on Piano Deck. Picture window, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #108-113.
170 sq. feet. 7 cabins on Piano Deck. Picture window, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #101-107.
170 sq. feet. 6 cabins on Cello Deck. French balcony, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #225-230.
170 sq. feet. 24 cabins on Cello Deck. French balcony, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #201-224.
170 sq. feet. 28 cabins on Violin Deck. French balcony, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #305-332.
255 sq. feet. 4 cabins on Violin Deck. French balcony, sitting area, bathtub and shower, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #310-304.