Buenos Aires Extension
- Buenos Aires
- Tigre Region
- Optional Excursions to Colonia Uruguay and estancias
Take the opportunity to meet Argentina’s capital city, Buenos Aires! Often referred to as one of South America’s (and maybe the world’s) most exciting cities, Buenos Aires offers fabulous food, world famous wine, the tango, amazing art, interesting neighborhoods. The city is interesting by day, and captivating by night.
- Day 1 Arrive Buenos Aires
- Day 2 Meet the City
- Day 3 Tigre Delta
- Day 4 Buenos Aires Free Day
- Day 5 Return Home
- Additional Tour Options
- $1595 - Interested in visiting Iguazu Falls? Click here for more details
- Cultural ImmersionIncludes cultural activities such as a visit to a traditional village or a local market to give a unique perspective.
Arrive in Buenos Aires. Spend the afternoon exploring the area around the hotel, or simply relax after your long flight.
Downtown Buenos Aires combines history, culture and architecture. A private tour includes a bilingual tour guide and visits to typical neighborhoods like La Boca, Palermo, Recoleta, and the Colon Theater, the National Congress and the Presidential Palace. Experience the highlights of Buenos Aires, and appreciate this great city.
It is hard to imagine a visit to Buenos Aires without attending a tango show. At Esquina Carlos Gardel, experience this intimate dance that unifies the city and its people together in a passionate embrace. The tango expresses the heart and the spirit of Argentina.
Just north of Buenos Aires, the island city of Tigre is a region travelers should not miss to get out of the city center and explore the countryside. A serene riverside train ride takes us into Tigre. Visit the famous fruit market. Rustic weaves, cane and willow furniture, sugary sweets, exotic flowers and, of course, numerous varieties of native fruit temp you as you make your way through this bustling market. A guided ferry tour of the beautiful delta ends this five hour excursion. Sail along the delta, passing some of the uncountable channels and forest-covered islands, yacht clubs, and weekend houses in the Paraná River delta.
Today is a free day for you to explore Buenos Aires, and we can help arrange excursions in and around the city, such as a trip to a nearby estancia, or even tickets to a local soccer game. We can also offer bicycle tours, or if the previous night's tango show was inspirational, we can arrange tango lessons!
Suggested Optional Tours (Click here for details)
- Estancias- The region of Buenos Aires is quite beautiful and has a storied past with the gauchos, and you can enjoy a trip to one of the estancias in the region. Watch the Argentine cowboys at work wrangling livestock and stroll around the beautiful grounds of these old ranches. Enjoy a traditional Argentinean barbeque of the some of world's finest beef, raised free-range on the estancia as well as fresh vegetables from the garden. Full day or multi-day trips with overnight stays at an estancia can be arranged.
- Colonia del Sacramento- Full day and overnight trips to Colonia, Uruguay, are possible by taking the one-hour ferry from Buenos Aires. Founded in 1680 by the Portuguese, this old colonial town is renowned for its cobbled, windy streets and colorful houses reminiscent of old Lisbon. A visit to the historic center is like a walk back in time with its small bars, excellent restaurants, art and craft shops, museums, and a large yacht harbor. Full day or 2 day/1 night trips can be arranged.
Day 5 Return Home (B)
Have the morning to explore Buenos Aires and then catch your international flight this evening. With more time, extend your trip to Iguazu Falls, Mendoza, Salta, or the southern region of Patagonia!