Embark on this 11-day voyage to celebrate New Year’s Eve in Antarctica! Ring in the new year with penguins, elephant seals, and first-landing buzz. With summer in full swing, penguin highways are busy with traffic between rookeries and beach as parents hurry to fatten up chicks. Glaciers shed ice with an echoing roar and waterways are alive with feeding and breaching whales. Zodiacs whisk you on whalewatching cruises and amongst glorious icebergs. The near-midnight sun powers an explosion of life. What an unforgettable way to start the year!
Day 1 : Punta Arenas, Chile Day 2 : Fly to King George Island | Embark Days 3-8 : Antarctic Peninsula Days 9-10 : Drake Passage Day 11 : Ushuaia, Argentina | Disembark
Celebrate New Year's Eve with a unique polar party in Antarctica!
Cross the Drake Passage by flight and land on King George Island
Explore penguin rookeries, historic sites, and scientific stations
Zodiac cruise amongst glorious glaciers and icebergs
Kayak into secluded bays looking for penguins, elephant seals, and whales
First fly from Punta Arenas, Chile to King George Island, Antarctica to be warmly welcomed aboard the Polar Pioneer. Settle in for safety and environmental briefings to prepare for your landings as the ship sets off across Bransfield Strait.
Wake in the stunning Antarctic Peninsula, an ethereal wonderland of vast proportions. Aboard robust Zodiacs, explore penguin rookeries, historic sites, and scientific stations. Zodiac cruising brings you close to intricately-shaped icebergs and seals basking on ice floes whilst kayakers glide into secluded bays.
Stepping ashore on the continent itself creates an everlasting memory, especially if it involves a bum-slide down snow slopes. Immerse yourself in nature, spontaneity, and having fun, making sure to pause and celebrate as you bring in the New Year with your fellow travelers.
Make the most of every day and a fair bit of each night as well. If the weather allows, join a sleep-out on the ice – a must for any Antarctic explorer!
As the Captain steers the ship north across the Drake Passage, your mind and soul revels in rich Antarctic experiences. There’s time to watch for seabirds, enjoy entertaining talks, discuss what you’ve seen and learned, and exchange photos and stories.
Day 11 Ushuaia, Argentina | Disembark
Enjoy a gentle cruise along the Beagle Channel in the early morning. Disembark after breakfast for onward travel or to savor more time in Ushuaia.
Apologies for the inconvenience. Prices for not yet published.
Below per person rate based on previous season.
Contact us to confirm upcoming season pricing.
Select a Date
Triple Cabins have two lower and one upper berth, a desk, a small washbasin, storage and hanging space and portholes. Showers and toilets are very close by and are shared with other Main Deck cabins.
Select a Date
Twin Shared Cabins have two lower bunks, a desk, small washbasin, ample storage and hanging space and portholes. Showers and toilets are very close by and are shared with other Main Deck cabins.
Select a Date
Twin Private Cabins have two lower bunks, a desk, windows, and a private bathroom with shower, toilet and washbasin. Two cabins have upper and lower bunks (cabins 402 and 403).
Select a Date
Mini Suites have a separate small bedroom with double bed, a sofa bed in the main room, a desk, video player and TV, windows and a private bathroom with shower, toilet and washbasin.
Select a Date
The Suite features a large lounge area, a separate small bedroom with double bed, a sofabed in the main room, a video player and TV, refrigerator, large forward and side facing windows, and a private bathroom with shower, toilet and washbasin.
Please note that all of Polar Pioneer itineraries are at the mercy of weather conditions and not all landings are guaranteed. These itineraries are flexible and will change voyage to voyage, allowing the best chance to make the most of surprising wildlife displays and unexpected opportunities.
- Rates represent costs per person, double or triple occupancy. Request the Twin or Triple Share Program where you are matched with a cabin mate of the same gender. Even if a cabin mate is not found for you, no single supplement will be charged.
- Single costs are 1.7 times the twin rate
• One night accommodation in Punta Arenas pre- or post- voyage
• Transfer between Punta Arenas airport and hotel (or vice versa)
• Flight from Punta Arenas to King George Island (or vice versa)
• Luggage transfer from King George Island
• Shipboard accommodation with daily cabin service
• All shipboard meals and snacks, including tea and coffee
• All shore excursions and Zodiac outings
• Guiding services by your expert team, including lecture program
• Basic medical services, if required
• Port taxes, charges and landing fees
• Luggage transfer to ship
• Loan of expedition boots during voyage
• Comprehensive pre-departure information, including destination primer
• A waterproof polar jacket to keep
• Photo book from images taken during your voyage
• Flights or transfers to or from expedition starting point
• Arrival or departure taxes
• Visa, passport and vaccination charges
• Any arrangements, tours or optional activities not included in the expedition itinerary
• Travel insurance
• All items of a personal nature including but not limited to: alcoholic beverages, laundry services, personal clothing, gratuities, medical expenses and email or phone charges.
The trip was terrific with great planning on your part. Most of the adventures were not mainstream and somewhat off the beaten path which made it especially enjoyable!! We felt taken care of and you all were readily available to respond to questions and issues. I would highly recommend your company and friends have already expressed interest based on our pictures and excitement.