Christmas Time Cruise - Cruise only« All MS Amadolce cruise options
|Dates||Deck + Cabin Type|
|Category E||Category D||Category C||Category B||Category A||Junior Suite|
Day 1 Arrive Nuremberg / Embark
Arrive in Nuremberg and embark on your ship. Tonight, gather on board your ship for a Welcome Dinner. The ship will moor overnight in Nuremberg. (D)
Day 2 Nuremberg / Continental Divide / Dietfurt
Enjoy a guided morning tour of this historic city with its fabulous Gothic churches. See the storybook 900 year-old ramparts that surround the city, the Imperial Castle and the Justice Palace where the War Crimes Tribunal sat in 1946. After your tour, visit the world's largest Christmas Market, where over 100 red and white canvas-topped booths offer an assortment of unique children's toys, tinsel angels, dolls, dollhouses, gingerbread and everything else imaginable. At lunchtime rejoin the ship further along the Main-Danube Canal and continue to the highest point of your cruise - 1,332 feet above sea level - before descending through stair-step locks to stop in the Bavarian town of Dietfurt. (B,L,D)
Day 3 Regensburg
Arrive in medieval Regensburg. A tour will show you the city's highlights, including the Old Town Hall and the Porta Pretoria - gates to an ancient Roman fort built in 179 AD. Then, visit the Old Kornmarkt Christmas market and shop at festive stalls adorned with fir branches. Or you can decide to visit the "royal" Christmas markets at the Thurn and Taxis Palace, a very traditional handicraft Christmas market, with craftsmen making the goods in front of you. (B,L,D)
Day 4 Passau / Salzburg, Austria
After breakfast, arrive in picturesque Passau, where the rivers Inn and Ilz join the Danube. During your walking tour, gaze at this fairytale city founded more than 2,000 years ago. Or take an optional full day tour to Salzburg, birthplace of Mozart and location of the Sound of Music. See the major sights including a visit to Mozart's birth house. Join in the merriment at the beautiful Christmas Markets, renowned for local handicrafts and unusual holiday presents. For those staying on board, enjoy a scenic cruise from Passau into Austria and on to Linz. After dinner, take a walk through this delightful town, Austria's third largest city and a major river port. (B,L,D)
Day 5 Melk / Vienna
Cruise through the narrow Strudengau and reach the Wachau Valley early this morning. A tour takes you to Melk's magnificent Benedictine Abbey. At lunchtime, continue through the romantic Wachau Valley. Late this afternoon arrive in Vienna, the "City of Music." Tonight return to the Christmas market, or come along for an optional Mozart and Strauss concert. (B,L,D)
Day 6 Exploring Vienna
Enjoy a guided city tour followed by free time in the city center, then a walking tour from St. Stephen’s Cathedral. You will also visit the Christmas markets at the Town Hall. This afternoon, you can join an optional tour to the Imperial Schönbrunn Palace, which features over 60 Christmas Market stalls and provides a spectacular festive atmosphere with the aroma of Glühwein and gingerbread. In the alternative, you can stroll along the Kärntnerstrasse and stop to sample Vienna's famous pastries. (B,L,D)
Day 7 Budapest, Hungary
This morning, cruise around the Danube Bend past beautiful towns nestled on the curve of the river bank, arriving in Budapest in time for lunch on board. Your Budapest sightseeing includes Buda and Pest. From historic Buda Castle, a splendid view of the twin cities of Buda and Pest spread over both banks of the River. Your tour also features the distinctive Fisherman's Bastion, the marvelous Royal Palace, St. Stephen's Basilica, and much more. You have the balance of the day to explore the Christmas markets. Tonight enjoy a Gala Farewell Dinner. After dinner, your ship will sail a special “Illuminations Cruise” past the illuminated river front of Budapest. (B,L,D)
Day 8 Disembark / Return Home
Your special holiday river cruise comes to an end as you transfer to the airport for your homebound flight. Extra nights are available if you wish to extend your stay in Budapest. (B)
Itinerary NotesPlease note:
- Most Christmas markets begin opening as early s Nov. 25 and remain open until approximately Dec. 21. Check with each country's tourist office for more information.
- Cruise fares do not include port charges, please add $147 per person.
- 7 Nights Deluxe Cruise Accommodation in an Outside Stateroom - 82% of the Staterooms with large French Balconies (Twin Balconies on select vessels)
- Daily Sightseeing Program as outlined in the Itinerary
- Infotainment System in all Staterooms with Free Internet, Hit Movies, Music Library and English Language TV Stations
- Terry Bathrobes and White-on-white plush Bedding in all Staterooms
- Superb Dining with all Meals included during your Cruise
- Multiple Dining Venues on select vessels
- Free-flowing Red & White Wines from Europe's great Wine Regions, beer and soft drinks with every Dinner on board the Ship
- Bottled Water in every stateroom replenished daily
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner & Captain's Gala Dinner
- Special Highlights including Lectures, Theme Dinners, Cooking Demonstration, onboard Music Performances and afternoon & evening Piano Music
- Use of Bicycles to explore on your own
- Services of Professional Cruise Manager
- All English Language on board in a non-smoking Environment (smoking permitted only on the Sun Deck)
- All local Taxes
Deposit & Payment
Initial deposit is $600, and most travelers will call our office and pay the deposit with a credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, AmEx, and Discover. Alternatively, you can send a check to our Missoula, Montana, office or register online at: https://www.adventure-life.com/forms/fourways.php
Final payment is due 100 days prior to departure.
Final payment by bank transfer, check or Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Amex.
Booking last minute? No problem! Please contact one of our trip planners, and we can get you on your way if booking less than 100 days prior to departure.
Click here to see a copy of our Terms and Conditions.
|Days Prior to departure||Fee|
|121 days or more||$400 per person|
|120-90 days||$600 per person|
|89-60 days||40% trip cost|
|59-30 days||55% trip cost|
|29-0 days||100% trip cost|
- Ship Highlights
- Passengers : 148
- River Cruise Ship
Launched in 2009, the MS Amadolce is part of the newest, state-of-the-art fleet of river cruise vessels in Europe. This vessel sets new standards in European river cruising and offers a number of features which no other European river cruise ship can match. The MS Amadolce carries 148 passengers in unequaled luxury, comfort and style and is staffed by a highly-trained professional crew, with an ongoing emphasis on personal service.
This vessel features an array of amenities specifically designed for comfort, convenience and luxury on the great waterways of Europe.
The latest high-tech features onboard:
* BICYCLES: Each ship has plenty of bicycles onboard which can be used by passengers, free of charge, to explore the small towns. Most regions offer well-maintained bicycle paths along the river.
* WELLNESS AREA: Located in the aft area of the Violin Deck, this generously designed space includes a glassed-in fitness room, massage and beauty salon; the aft lounge with modern wicker furniture and French doors to enjoy the fresh river air.
* ELEVATOR: Each ship has an elevator, which very few river cruise ships feature. The elevator reaches four different levels: the Restaurant level (1), the Staterooms on the Cello Deck (2), the Lobby and Panorama Lounge (3) and the Staterooms on the Violin Deck (4).
* INFOTAINMENT SYSTEMS: Every stateroom is equipped with monitor, keyboard with Internet access, English language TV stations, a large movie selection and numerous music programs. Our satellite telephone system allows you to call home for a nominal fee.
* STATEROOMS: Inside your exquisitely decorated stateroom, you'll find all the amenities of a fine hotel with white-on-white plush bedding, a cozy sitting area, Infotainment System, hair dryer, safe, terry bathrobes, individually controlled air-conditioning and ample closet space. All staterooms and Jr. Suites are outside; over 82% feature large French balconies, which are a true delight when relaxing in your stateroom.
* JUNIOR SUITES: Although rarely found on European river cruise ships, Junior Suites aboard our ships are extra spacious at 255 square feet. They feature a comfortable sitting area with a sofa and two chairs, floor-to-ceiling windows with French balconies and luxurious, extra spacious bathrooms with bathtubs and showers. The suites sell quickly, so early reservations are recommended.
Built in: Holland
Length: 360 feet
Width: 38 feet
Crew: 41 (European)
Jr. Suites: 4
Ship Registry: Built in Switzerland
Home port: Basel
Piano Deck, 170 square feet, cozy sitting area, fixed window and private bath.
Piano Deck, 170 square feet, cozy sitting area, fixed window and private bathroom.
Violin & Cello Deck, 170 square feet, cozy sitting area, french balcony, private bathroom.
Violin & Cello Deck, 170 square feet, cozy sitting area, french balcony, private bathroom.
Violin Deck, 170 square feet, cozy sitting area with french balcony, private bathroom.
Violin Deck, 255 square feet, sitting area, floor-to-ceiling windows with French balconies, bathroom with bathtub and shower.