Christmas Time Cruise with Prague« All MS Amalegro cruise options
- Day 1 Arrive Prague, Czech Repblic
- Day 2 Exploring Prague
- Day 3 Free day, Prague
- Day 4 Karlovy Vary / Embark n Nuremberg, Germany
- Day 5 Bamberg / Schweinfurt
- Day 6 Kitzingen / Wurzburg
- Day 7 Wertheim / Miltenberg
- Day 8 Rüdesheim / Koblenz
- Day 9 Koblenz / Cologne
- Day 10 Amsterdam
- Day 11 Disembark / Return Home
|Dates||Deck + Cabin Type|
|Cat E||Cat D||Cat C||Cat B||Cat A||Junior Suite|
Day 1 Arrive Prague, Czech Repblic
Arrive in Prague and transfer to your hotel. The balance of the day is free to start exploring this beautiful city.
Day 2 Exploring Prague
This morning's sightseeing reveals why Prague is considered one of Europe's most attractive cities. Visit the 1,000 year-old Hradcany Castle courtyard and St. Vitus, then walk over the Charles Bridge to the Old Market Square. The balance of the day is free to wander through the Christmas markets with their tempting assortment of handicrafts, toys, wood carvings, and ornaments. Mix with the locals at Wenceslas Square, or enjoy yourself in one of the charming cafés or restaurants. (B)
Day 3 Free day, Prague
Spend a day at your leisure or participate in an optional tour to Terezin, the infamous Nazi WWII concentration camp, now a memorial to those who perished. (B)
Day 4 Karlovy Vary / Embark n Nuremberg, Germany
Depart from Prague after breakfast via motor coach and enjoy a stop in Karlovy Vary, better known by its German name, Carlsbad, famous for its Bohemian Spas. After lunch, drive through the pastoral (Bohemian) countryside to Nuremberg, the capital of Franconia. Tonight, meet your fellow passengers at the Welcome Dinner. The ship will moor overnight in Nuremberg. (B,D)
Day 5 Bamberg / Schweinfurt
This morning, enjoy a walking tour of the enchanting town of Bamberg, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1993. See the Cathedral, the Old Town Hall that straddles the river, explore serpentine streets lined with charming houses and sample some of Bamberg’s famous smoked beer. Join your fellow travelers on board for a special Thanksgiving Lunch as you cruise to Schweinfurt. Later you can enjoy a free evening in Schweinfurt. (B,L,D)
Day 6 Kitzingen / Wurzburg
This morning you will arrive in Kitzingen. On your walking tour, you’ll see the famous Leaning Tower, built during the 13th century, the Old Main Bridge, Kitzingen Church and the Renaissance Town Hall. Later, the Aulic Council and Wine Queen will welcome you to Germany’s oldest wine cellar. You will taste several different wines, learning first-hand about wine history and production in the region. In the afternoon, you will have a choice of three different tours. You can choose the Würzburg Tour and Residenz visit, during which you will see the major sights, including the Residenz Palace and gardens, designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site as one of Europe’s foremost examples of Baroque architecture and design. In the alternative, take a guided bike tour from Kitzengen to Würzburg (capacity controlled) or enjoy an optional tour to medieval Rothenburg, a beautiful walled city situated on the Romantic Road. Your walking tour includes entrance to the Käthe Wohlfahrt Christmas Museum. (B,L,D)
Day 7 Wertheim / Miltenberg
This morning, you will tour Wertheim, located at the confluence of the Main and Tauber Rivers. The town has retained much of its medieval Franconian character, which you will discover on your walking tour of the historic city center. In the alternative, a guided bike tour from Wertheim (capacity controlled) will take you along the Main River Valley. Cruise during lunch time to Miltenberg, arriving in the afternoon for a guided walking tour along cobble-stone streets lined with gabled, half-timbered houses. Tonight, the ship sails leaving Bavaria, Franconia and the Main River behind. (B,L,D)
Day 8 Rüdesheim / Koblenz
This afternoon, arrive in Rüdesheim and take a mini train to visit Siegfried's Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum. Explore the Drosselgasse, a narrow alley lined with wine taverns and restaurants during your free time. This afternoon, your ship departs for Koblenz. You will cruise through the Rhine Gorge, the most beautiful stretch of the river, passing castle after castle. Arrive in Koblenz late this afternoon. Your Cruise Manager will lead a walking tour through this charming town. (B,L,D)
Day 9 Koblenz / Cologne
This afternoon, the ship cruises to Cologne for a walking tour through the old part of the city and visit to the fabled 13th-century gothic cathedral. Afterwards, spend your free time admiring the interior of Cologne Cathedral or visit some of the shops lining the streets. The ship departs tonight for Amsterdam. (B,L,D)
Day 10 Amsterdam
After breakfast, your tour of Amsterdam begins with a scenic canal cruise through the city known as the “Venice of the North.” See the beautiful homes that line the water, the fabled Skinny Bridge, and the famous Anne Frank House. Then, enjoy a panoramic city tour, where you will see the great landmarks of Amsterdam including a photo stop at a windmill. Afterwards, enjoy some free time to explore Amsterdam before returning to the ship. (B,L,D)
Day 11 Disembark / Return Home
Bid Farewell to Amsterdam and transfer to the airport for your onward flight. (B)
Itinerary NotesPlease note:
- Most Christmas markets begin opening as early s Nov. 25 and remain open until approximately Dec. 21. Check with each country's tourist office for more information.
- Cruise fares do not include port charges, please add $147 per person.
- 3 Nights Hotel Accommodation in Prague including daily Buffet Breakfast
- Transfer from the Hotel in Prague to the Ship in Nuremberg
- 7 Nights Deluxe Cruise Accommodation in an Outside Stateroom - 82% of the Staterooms with large French Balconies (Twin Balconies on select vessels)
- Daily Sightseeing Program as outlined in the Itinerary
- Infotainment System in all Staterooms with Free Internet, Hit Movies, Music Library and English Language TV Stations
- Terry Bathrobes and White-on-white plush Bedding in all Staterooms
- Superb Dining with all Meals included during your Cruise
- Multiple Dining Venues on select vessels
- Free-flowing Red & White Wines from Europe's great Wine Regions, beer and soft drinks with every Dinner on board the Ship
- Bottled Water in every stateroom replenished daily
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner & Captain's Gala Dinner
- Special Highlights including Lectures, Theme Dinners, Cooking Demonstration, onboard Music Performances and afternoon & evening Piano Music
- Use of Bicycles to explore on your own
- Services of Professional Cruise Manager
- All English Language on board in a non-smoking Environment (smoking permitted only on the Sun Deck)
- All local Taxes
Deposit & Payment
Initial deposit is $600, and most travelers will call our office and pay the deposit with a credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, AmEx, and Discover. Alternatively, you can send a check to our Missoula, Montana, office or register online at: https://www.adventure-life.com/forms/fourways.php
Final payment is due 100 days prior to departure.
Final payment by bank transfer, check or Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Amex.
Booking last minute? No problem! Please contact one of our trip planners, and we can get you on your way if booking less than 100 days prior to departure.
Click here to see a copy of our Terms and Conditions.
|Days Prior to departure||Fee|
|121 days or more||$400 per person|
|120-90 days||$600 per person|
|89-60 days||40% trip cost|
|59-30 days||55% trip cost|
|29-0 days||100% trip cost|
- Ship Highlights
- Passengers : 148
- River Cruise Ship
Launched in 2007, the MS Amalegro is part of the newest, state-of-the-art fleet of river cruise vessels in Europe. This vessel sets new standards in European river cruising and offers a number of features which no other European river cruise ship can match. The MS Amalegro carries 148 passengers in unequaled luxury, comfort and style and is staffed by a highly-trained professional crew, with an ongoing emphasis on personal service.
This vessel features an array of amenities specifically designed for comfort, convenience and luxury on the great waterways of Europe.
The latest high-tech features onboard:
* BICYCLES: Each ship has plenty of bicycles onboard which can be used by passengers, free of charge, to explore the small towns. Most regions offer well-maintained bicycle paths along the river.
* WELLNESS AREA: Located in the aft area of the Violin Deck, this generously designed space includes a glassed-in fitness room, massage and beauty salon; the aft lounge with modern wicker furniture and French doors to enjoy the fresh river air.
* ELEVATOR: Each ship has an elevator, which very few river cruise ships feature. The elevator reaches four different levels: the Restaurant level (1), the Staterooms on the Cello Deck (2), the Lobby and Panorama Lounge (3) and the Staterooms on the Violin Deck (4).
* INFOTAINMENT SYSTEMS: Every stateroom is equipped with monitor, keyboard with Internet access, English language TV stations, a large movie selection and numerous music programs. Our satellite telephone system allows you to call home for a nominal fee.
* STATEROOMS: Inside your exquisitely decorated stateroom, you'll find all the amenities of a fine hotel with white-on-white plush bedding, a cozy sitting area, Infotainment System, hair dryer, safe, terry bathrobes, individually controlled air-conditioning and ample closet space. All staterooms and Jr. Suites are outside; over 82% feature large French balconies, which are a true delight when relaxing in your stateroom.
* JUNIOR SUITES: Although rarely found on European river cruise ships, Junior Suites aboard our ships are extra spacious at 255 square feet. They feature a comfortable sitting area with a sofa and two chairs, floor-to-ceiling windows with French balconies and luxurious, extra spacious bathrooms with bathtubs and showers. The suites sell quickly, so early reservations are recommended.
Built in: Holland
Length: 360 feet
Width: 38 feet
Crew: 41 (European)
Jr. Suites: 4
Ship Registry: Built in Switzerland
Home port: Basel
170 sq. feet. 6 cabins on Piano Deck. Picture window, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #108-113.
170 sq. feet. 7 cabins on Piano Deck. Picture window, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #101-107.
170 sq. feet. 6 cabins on Cello Deck. French balcony, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #225-230.
170 sq. feet. 24 cabins on Cello Deck. French balcony, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #201-224.
170 sq. feet. 28 cabins on Violin Deck. French balcony, sitting area, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #305-332.
255 sq. feet. 4 cabins on Violin Deck. French balcony, sitting area, bathtub and shower, Infotainment system, safe, hair dryer, bathrobes, A/C, ample closet space. #310-304.