Hotel Majoro

Accommodations / Peru / Nazca / Hotel Majoro
Hotel Majoro
Hotel Majoro
Hotel Majoro
Hotel Majoro
Hotel Majoro
Hotel Majoro

The Santiago de La Nazca Villa was founded by the Head Chief of the valley, Don García de Lanasca in the times of Viceroy Don Luis de Velasco (1596-1606), dividing the land between the Spaniards that lived in that region. Majoro derives from the Quechua words MA = place, and Qoro = thickets, adding them up, it means place of thickets.

In 1698 the premises were given to the Saint Augustus Convent, until 1910 when it became a private property run until the Agrarian Reform by the aristocratic De la Borda family who remodeled the old convent into a Casa Hacienda and in the 1980´s into what today is the Hotel Majoro.