- Inca Trail
- Apurimac River
- Sacred Valley
- Black Canyon
Explore the countryside during this multi-day biking and raft trip and visit the Inca cities of Cusco and Ollantaytambo. Travelers will have a half-day hike on a remote section of the Inca Trail to hike down to the Apurimac River, one of South America's premier rivers. Single-track and more advanced biking routes can be arranged based on travelers' experience.
- Day 1 Arrive Lima
- Day 2 Fly Cusco
- Day 3 Mountain Biking
- Day 4 Peru Backroads
- Day 5 Inca Trail to the Apurimac River
- Day 6 Black Canyon
- Day 7 Grand Finale. Cusco
- Day 8 Fly Lima and Return Home
- Additional Tour Options
- $2125 - Rate based on 3 travelers
- $2440 - Rate based on 2 travelers
- $3195 - Multisport trip with extended visit to Machu Picchu
- Extreme AdventureOur most active trips for travelers who are fit and looking for vigorous adventures. Tours include multisport activities and multi-day treks.
- BikingIncludes biking activity.
- CampingDeluxe camping or accommodations in mountain lodges.
- Cultural ImmersionIncludes cultural activities such as a visit to a traditional village or a local market to give a unique perspective.
- HikingIncludes guided hiking excursions. Hikes may vary from easy and optional three hour hikes to more difficult multi-day treks.
- Whitewater RaftingIncludes whitewater rafting
- Aranwa Cusco Boutique HotelCasa Andina CuscoCasa Andina Private CollectionCasa CartagenaHotel MonasterioHotel RuinasLibertador Palacio del InkaTaypikala Hotel Cusco
- Casa Andina Private MirafloresCosta del SolCountry Club LimaFaraona Grand HotelJW Marriott Hotel LimaLibertadorMiraflores Park HotelSan Agustin Exclusive
This morning, fly to Cusco and transfer transfer to the hotel in order to rest and acclimatize to the high altitude (10,496 ft). This afternoon meet your guide and take a walking tour through the streets of Cusco, a fascinating mix of Inca and colonial architecture. Visit the Temple of Koricancha, considered the most important Inca Temple of Cusco, and walk to Cusco’s main Plaza de Armas, to visit both the Cathedral built over the ruins of the Sunturwasi temple and the “Iglesia de la Compania”. Continue to the artisan neighborhood of San Blas with its many handicraft shops. From this area you have a wonderful view of the whole city.
Day 3 Mountain Biking (B,L,D)
After an early breakfast, depart leave Cusco by private vehicle to drive to the Ccorca pass. After a short safety briefing and orientation, start biking on a dirt road towards Maukallakta. After visiting this amazing Inca site, we will continue to our campsite. From here enjoy the impressive views of the Apurimac River canyon and the majestic Vilcabamba mountain range. (5 hours of riding).
Day 4 Peru Backroads (B,L,D)
We will continue our mountain bike journey through the Andes by following a dirt road until we reach Huanoquite town. We then continue for about 8 kilometers, until we reach a a very steep uphill portion where we take our vehicle to Willkakunka Pass (13,874 ft). From here, cruise downhill for 6 km. to the lunch spot at Qenqonay. This place is surrounded by a forest of Andean cedars, Queuña trees, that are over 300 years old, and there are some relaxing hikes to explore the forest. Continue riding to Molle Molle, a colonial town that we will visit and near where camp will be set-up. (Total biking distance today of 50 km.)
Day 5 Inca Trail to the Apurimac River (B,L,D)
Hike a rarely visited section of the ancient Inca Trail that connected the cities of Cusco and Apurimac. We will descend about 3,000 ft during our three hour hike to reach the Apurimac River near the old Inca Huajachaca Bridge. The Apurímac River, which means, “speaking God” in Quechua, is the source of the world’s largest river system, the Amazon River, and was considered a sacred river by the Incas. Meet your expert river guides who are preparing all the equipment and provide a safety talk and orientation for the upcoming river adventure. After lunch, we begin rafting class III and IV rapids for about 2 hours until we reach our first campsite
Day 6 Black Canyon (B,L,D)
Today, our adventure starts early. We will run quite a few class III rapids and then enjoy the most beautiful part of the canyon and its calm waters. We may see river otters, deer, foxes, torrent ducks and tropical Andean birds. Continuing our adventure, we will pass under several suspended bridges along the river and will meet the Santo Tomas River. At noon, we will set camp and have the chance to hike during the afternoon or relax at cam
After breakfast we will run class III to IV pool-drops rapids, like "The Other Right" and "3 Condores" among others for an exciting end to this adventure. We will have lunch at the end of ouadventure, followed by a five-hour drive to Ollantaytambo to overnight.
|$425||Internal Flights (Lima-Cusco-Lima)|
|Flight costs subject to change|