Beautiful Buenos Aires and the Falls
- Buenos Aires
- Iguazu Falls
- Tigre Region
- Optional Excursions to Colonia Uruguay or Estancias
Take the opportunity to meet Argentina’s capital city, Buenos Aires! Often referred to as one of South America’s (and maybe the world’s) most exciting cities, Buenos Aires offers fabulous food, world famous wine, the tango, amazing art, interesting neighborhoods. The city is interesting by day, and captivating by night. And combine the urban with the countryside as you spend time exploring Iguazu Falls, an awe-inspiring sight of over 275 distinct cascades tumbling through lush subtropical forest!
- Day 1 Arrive Buenos Aires
- Day 2 Meet the City
- Day 3 Tigre Delta
- Day 4 Free Day in Buenos Aires
- Day 5 Arrive Iguazu Falls
- Day 6 Discover the Falls
- Day 7 Fly Buenos Aires
- Cultural ActivitiesIncludes cultural activities such as a visit to a traditional village or a local market to give a unique perspective.
- Nature ViewingIncludes intentional opportunity to observe flora or fauna with an experienced guide.
- Zip LineExplore the forest canopy by zip line or rappel down cliffs or waterfalls.
- Art HotelCasa CalmaClaridge HotelElevage Buenos AiresHotel Mansion Dandi RoyalHotel NogaroPark Central UniquePark Chateau UniqueReino del Plata
- Hotel EsturionHotel St. GeorgeIguazu Jungle LodgeLa Aldea de la SelvaSheraton Iguazu Resort and SpaYacutinga Lodge
Arrive on the international flight of your choice today and transfer independently to your comfortable hotel. Spend the afternoon exploring the area around the hotel, or simply relax after your long flight.
Today you will tour the exciting and seductive city of Buenos Aires! This tour includes a bilingual tour guide and visits to typical neighborhoods like La Boca, Palermo, Recoleta, and the Colon Theater, the National Congress and the Presidential Palace. Experience the highlights of Buenos Aires, and appreciate this great city. This is a great introduction to main sites of interest that you can visit with free time throughout the rest of the trip.
It is hard to imagine a visit to Buenos Aires without attending a tango show, so tonight your transfer will meet you at your hotel and whisk you away to one of the city’s most famous events! At Esquina Carlos Gardel, experience the intimate dance that unifies the city and its people together in a passionate embrace. The tango expresses the heart and the spirit of Argentina. The night includes dinner and a drink, as well as the transfers to and from the show.
Just north of Buenos Aires, the island city of Tigre is a region travelers should not miss to get out of the city center and explore the countryside. A serene riverside train ride takes us into Tigre. Visit the famous fruit market. Rustic weaves, cane and willow furniture, sugary sweets, exotic flowers and, of course, numerous varieties of native fruit tempt you as you make your way through this bustling market. A guided ferry tour of the beautiful delta ends this five-hour excursion. Sail along the delta, passing some of the uncountable channels and forest-covered islands, yacht clubs, and weekend houses in the Paraná River delta.
Today is a free day for you to explore Buenos Aires, and we can help arrange excursions in and around the city, such as a trip to a nearby estancia, or even tickets to a local soccer game. We can also offer bicycle tours, or if the previous night's tango show was inspirational, we can arrange tango lessons!
Suggested Optional Tours (Click here for details)
- Estancias- The region of Buenos Aires is quite beautiful and has a storied past with the gauchos, and you can enjoy a trip to one of the estancias in the region. Watch the Argentine cowboys at work wrangling livestock and stroll around the beautiful grounds of these old ranches. Enjoy a traditional Argentinean barbeque of the some of world's finest beef, raised free-range on the estancia as well as fresh vegetables from the garden. Full day or multi-day trips with overnight stays at an estancia can be arranged.
- Colonia del Sacramento- Full day and overnight trips to Colonia, Uruguay, are possible by taking the one-hour ferry from Buenos Aires. Founded in 1680 by the Portuguese, this old colonial town is renowned for its cobbled, windy streets and colorful houses reminiscent of old Lisbon. A visit to the historic center is like a walk back in time with its small bars, excellent restaurants, art and craft shops, museums, and a large yacht harbor. Full day or 2 day/1 night trips can be arranged.
- Other Ideas – San Telmo Sunday Flea Market, bicycle tours to various areas, or take in a soccer game!
This morning we fly from Buenos Aires to Iguazu. Upon arrival settle into your hotel and explore your surroundings.
Please note - we can arrange additional excursions this day depending on your arrival time. One option we recommend is a four hour jeep safari in the forest with zipline canopy tour and waterfall rappel.
Today explore the Argentine side of Iguazu Falls and watch the cascading water from various angles. Begin the day by boarding a small train to Devil's Throat Station, where there's a suspended walkway with spectacular views.
Later explore the two walking circuits, beginning with the upper walk. This is about a quarter-mile long and takes approximately 45 minutes. From here you can see the Two Sisters, Bosseti, Adam and Eve, Bernabe Mendez, Mbiguá and San Martín Falls. The lower circuit has been described as the "most beautiful thousand meter walk in the world." Heading in a clockwise direction you get a very different perspective of the falls; watch out when you get to the middle of the walkway - you might get wet!!
We make our way through the jungle in a rugged 4x4 vehicle, traveling the limited-access Yacaratia Trail to the nearby of Puerto Macuco. Here we leave the truck behind for an inflatable speedboat, in which we'll navigate four miles (7 kms) along the lower Iguazu River. Bring your swimsuit and be prepared to get wet in the refreshingly cool spray from the falls! Approaching the picturesque falls in Devil's Throat Canyon, we'll brave a mile of rapids before finishing our adventure surrounding San Martin Island. Return with zodiacs to Macuco port and back to the hotel.
Day 7 Fly Buenos Aires (B)
Take the flight of your choice back to the city today. Spend your free time exploring the architecture that has made Buenos Aires famous or head for home. With additional time, visit the wine region of Mendoza or head south to Patagonia!
|$430||Internal Flights (Buenos Aires-Iguazu-Buenos Aires)|
|Flight costs subject to change|
This itinerary includes free days and optional activities so small groups can arrange guided excursions or explore on their own.