Jumping over Cape Horn and the mythical waters of the Drake Passage, you are invited on this 8-day adventure to one of the coldest, highest, windiest, driest, and most inhospitable places - Antarctica. In a little over three hours of flying from Punta Arenas to King George Island, find yourself at the gates of the white continent. From here, navigate for six days and five nights along the Antarctic Peninsula. This is sure to be the trip of a lifetime.
Day 1 : Arrive in Punta Arenas, Chile Day 2 : Fly to King George Island | Embark Days 3-6 : Explore Antarctica Day 7 : Disembark at King George Island | Fly to Punta Arenas, Chile Day 8 : Return Home
Cruise between the South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula
View Antarctic wildlife such as seabirds, penguins, seals, and whales
Attend lectures and presentations from your onboard guides
Explore the Antarctic landscape with daily zodiac trips ashore
Arrive in Punta Arenas and transfer to your hotel. In the afternoon, attend a briefing that provides important information about your voyage and reviews the essential guidelines for Antarctic visitors. Later, gather for a welcome dinner and meet your fellow adventurers while enjoying a typical regional menu. Please note: Passengers should plan to be in Punta Arenas at 2 PM, at the latest. Pick-up at the Punta Arenas airport and transfer to the hotel cannot be guaranteed for travelers arriving later than 2 PM.
Your Antarctic adventure begins with a two-hour flight from Punta Arenas to King George Island, in the South Shetland Islands. Explore the area surrounding Chile’s Frei Station and Russia’s Bellingshausen station, before boarding a Zodiac to embark your expedition vessel.
Cruise between the South Shetland Islands and the western coast of the Antarctic Peninsula, sailing along ice-filled fjords and among spectacular icebergs, enjoying the company of seabirds, penguins, seals, and whales. Each day, disembark by Zodiac and explore the landscape with an expert polar guide. On board, attend an engaging program of lectures and presentations, and enjoy spectacular vistas from the glass-enclosed lounge while sharing your daily adventures with fellow guests.
No journey is the same, as flexibility is the key to success in Antarctica. The Expedition Team sets the voyage route to take advantage of the ever-changing opportunities provided by Nature, crafting a unique and extraordinary experience each time. While the exact itinerary changes with each expedition, you are sure to explore several locations which offer the best possible overview of the varied Antarctic environment. Your voyage may include visits to sites such as Paulet Island, Hope Bay, Port Lockroy, Petermann Island, Paradise Bay, Deception Island, the Lemaire Channel, or many other magnificent places.
Day 7 Disembark at King George Island | Fly to Punta Arenas, Chile
Return to King George Island and bid farewell to Antarctica before boarding your flight back to Punta Arenas. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel for the night. This evening's meals are at your leisure and not included in the program.
Day 8 Return Home
After breakfast, transfer to the Punta Arenas airport for your onward flight.
Apologies for the inconvenience. Prices for not yet published.
Below per person rate based on previous season.
Contact us to confirm upcoming season pricing.
Select a Date
2 lower berths and one upper berth with private facilities and window
Select a Date
2 lower berths with private facilities and window
Select a Date
1 lower berth with private facilities and window
- Rates are quoted in U.S. dollars and represent costs per person, double or triple occupancy.
- Solo travelers can request the Twin Share Program where you will be matched with a cabin mate of the same gender. Even if a cabin mate cannot be found for you, no single supplement will be charged.
- Solo travelers not wishing to opt for the Share Program can book a dedicated single cabin at published rate, or book a twin cabin for single use with a 85% supplement.
- Emergency medical evacuation coverage for a minimum of US$100,000 per person required. Contact us for details on arranging travel insurance.
Included in the rate:
· Flights according to the itinerary
· Ship cruise as indicated in the program
· Accommodation with full board & drinks served with meals
· Guided shore excursions
· Lectures and entertainment on board
· Loan of boots for landing in Antarctica
· Transfer from/to airport/hotel according to the itinerary
· Comprehensive pre- and post-voyage information material
Not included in the rate:
· Accommodation, meals, excursions and transfers other than those included in program
· Personal insurance
· Extra expenses (communication, laundry, souvenirs, etc.)
· Tips (suggested USD 12 per person per day)
· Visas or Passport expenses and/or any other arrival and/or departure tax, if applicable
Initial deposit is $2700 for Air Cruises and $1700 for 11-day Small Ship Expedition and Antarctic Express, and most travelers will call our office and pay the deposit with a credit card. Alternatively, you can register online here.
Final payment is due 130 days prior to departure by bank transfer, check or credit card. All final payments by credit card may be subject to a surcharge and maximum of $20,000 charge.
Everything was amazing! The planning with Adventure Life went smoothly. The actual trip was fantastic! One of the best trips I have experienced. The cruise staff members were knowledgeable and attentive. I will be writing more about this on the blog!