Lamanai Outpost Lodge is surrounded by an incredible variety of habitats that facilitate unsurpassed nature-based and soft-adventure activities that depart right from your cabaña's doorstep without the need for day-trips. The nearest full-service lodge or hotel is over 70 miles away.
Unlike many other lodges who share the same area and attractions, Lamanai Outpost is very much in a world of its own. Whether you are exploring the Maya ruins or watching nature awaken as the sun rises over Crab-Catcher Lagoon, it is almost guaranteed that it will be just you, your guide and a few friends that you have made at the Outpost.
At most jungle lodges the more popular activities involve what are called day-trips. In plain English this means that you spend a large portion of your day in a vehicle as you are driven to and from the desired attraction. At Lamanai Outpost you can choose from the country's largest range of fully guided soft-adventure experiences that start right from your cabaña's doorstep and do not require day trips. The average guest at the Outpost embarks on two activities per each night's stay that are included in the package price.
Be it by keeping its number of cabanas below 20 or by limiting the number of guests on a tour to between 6 and 10 participants, Lamanai Outpost Lodge is totally focused upon the quality of your jungle experience. Our average activity departs with 4-6 guests.
Lamanai Outpost is one of only a very few of Belize's jungle lodges to have been repetitively featured on shows such as Wild Things, Discovery, Animal Planet, National Geographic Explorer and World Gone Wild. Voted Belize's Hotel of the Year for 1999/2000, the Outpost is consistently utilized by high-end travel companies and is widely recognized as one of Belize's finest jungle lodges.
- All scheduled meals included
- Two activities per nights stay
- Transfers from Belize Airport
- Coffee, Tea & Cocoa bar nightly
- Happy hour snacks provided
- Internet access via lodge's or personal laptop
- Wake-up call service
Lamanai Outpost has twenty double Cabanas
• Most have one queen size bed and one double bed
• Some are designed to accommodate triples and families
• All have hot and cold private bath
• All have mini-fridge, veranda and more than adequate shelving and storage space
• Although there are only two air conditioned rooms (Cabanas 16 & 17), natural ventilation is excellent. All Cabanas have high output ceiling fans and there is a prevailing breeze that comes in from the lagoon.
• All meals are full service
• Vegetarian and other specialized diets are routinely accommodated with prior notice
• The lodge employs a fixed menu; varied choice for breakfast; two course lunch; three course dinner. All include bar service and bakery items
• Dining concerns are accommodated.
• Our meal plan consistently receives excellent guest comment and is considered a strong point of the Outpost.
• Some of the activities involve meals in the field; all are high quality and delivered full service style.