Christmas Time Cruise with Prague« All MS Amacerto cruise options
|Dates||Deck + Cabin Type|
|Cat E||Cat D||Cat C||Cat BB||Cat BA||Cat AB||Cat AA||Suite|
Day 1 Arrive Prague, Czech Repblic
Arrive in Prague and transfer to your hotel. The balance of the day is free to start exploring this beautiful city.
Day 2 Exploring Prague
This morning's sightseeing reveals why Prague is considered one of Europe's most attractive cities. Visit the 1,000 year-old Hradcany Castle courtyard and St. Vitus, then walk over the Charles Bridge to the Old Market Square. The balance of the day is free to wander through the Christmas markets with their tempting assortment of handicrafts, toys, wood carvings, and ornaments. Mix with the locals at Wenceslas Square, or enjoy yourself in one of the charming cafés or restaurants. (B)
Day 3 Prague / Nuremberg, Germany / Embark
This morning, depart Prague after breakfast, drive through the pastoral countryside to Nuremberg, the capital of Franconia. Tonight, gather on board your ship for a Welcome Dinner. The ship will moor overnight in Nuremberg. (B)
Day 4 Nuremberg / Continental Divide / Dietfurt
Enjoy a guided morning tour of this historic city with its fabulous Gothic churches. See the storybook 900 year-old ramparts that surround the city, the Imperial Castle and the Justice Palace where the War Crimes Tribunal sat in 1946. After your tour, visit the world's largest Christmas Market, where over 100 red and white canvas-topped booths offer an assortment of unique children's toys, tinsel angels, dolls, dollhouses, gingerbread and everything else imaginable. At lunchtime rejoin the ship further along the Main-Danube Canal and continue to the highest point of your cruise - 1,332 feet above sea level - before descending through stair-step locks to stop in the Bavarian town of Dietfurt. (B,L,D)
Day 5 Regensburg
Arrive in medieval Regensburg. A tour will show you the city's highlights, including the Old Town Hall and the Porta Pretoria - gates to an ancient Roman fort built in 179 AD. Then, visit the Old Kornmarkt Christmas market and shop at festive stalls adorned with fir branches. Or you can decide to visit the "royal" Christmas markets at the Thurn and Taxis Palace, a very traditional handicraft Christmas market, with craftsmen making the goods in front of you. This evening, enjoy a folklore performance on board. (B,L,D)
Day 6 Passau / Salzburg, Austria
After breakfast, arrive in picturesque Passau, where the rivers Inn and Ilz join the Danube. During your walking tour, gaze at this fairytale city founded more than 2,000 years ago. Or take an optional full day tour to Salzburg, birthplace of Mozart and location of the Sound of Music. See the major sights including a visit to Mozart's birth house. Join in the merriment at the beautiful Christmas Markets, renowned for local handicrafts and unusual holiday presents. For those staying on board, enjoy a scenic cruise from Passau into Austria and on to Linz. After dinner, take a walk through this delightful town, Austria's third largest city and a major river port. (B,L,D)
Day 7 Melk / Vienna
Cruise through the narrow Strudengau and reach the Wachau Valley early this morning. A tour takes you to Melk's magnificent Benedictine Abbey. At lunchtime, continue through the romantic Wachau Valley. Late this afternoon arrive in Vienna, the "City of Music." Tonight return to the Christmas market, or come along for an optional Mozart and Strauss concert. (B,L,D)
Day 8 Exploring Vienna
A sightseeing tour includes Hofburg Palace, the Vienna Opera House, Ringstrasse, St. Stephen's Cathedral, the Christmas markets at the Town Hall and also a visit to the National Library. Your afternoon is free to stroll along Kärntnerstrasse, sample Vienna's famous pastries or visit a museum. (B,L,D)
Day 9 Budapest, Hungary
This morning, cruise around the Danube Bend past beautiful towns nestled on the curve of the river bank, arriving in Budapest in time for lunch on board. Your Budapest sightseeing includes Buda and Pest. From historic Buda Castle, a splendid view of the twin cities of Buda and Pest spread over both banks of the River. Your tour also features the distinctive Fisherman's Bastion, the marvelous Royal Palace, St. Stephen's Basilica, and much more. You have the balance of the day to explore the Christmas markets. Tonight enjoy a Gala Farewell Dinner. After dinner, your ship will sail a special “Illuminations Cruise” past the illuminated river front of Budapest. (B,L,D)
Day 10 Disembark / Return Home
Your fascinating cruise comes to an end as you transfer to the airport for your homebound flight. Extra nights are available if you wish to extend your stay in Budapest. (B)
Itinerary NotesPlease note:
- Most Christmas markets begin opening as early s Nov. 25 and remain open until approximately Dec. 21. Check with each country's tourist office for more information.
- Cruise fares do not include port charges, please add $147 per person.
- 2 Nights Hotel Accommodation in Prague including daily Buffet Breakfast
- Transfer from the Hotel in Prague to the Ship in Nuremberg
- 7 Nights Deluxe Cruise Accommodation in an Outside Stateroom - 82% of the Staterooms with large French Balconies (Twin Balconies on select vessels)
- Daily Sightseeing Program as outlined in the Itinerary
- Infotainment System in all Staterooms with Free Internet, Hit Movies, Music Library and English Language TV Stations
- Terry Bathrobes and White-on-white plush Bedding in all Staterooms
- Superb Dining with all Meals included during your Cruise
- Multiple Dining Venues on select vessels
- Free-flowing Red & White Wines from Europe's great Wine Regions, beer and soft drinks with every Dinner on board the Ship
- Bottled Water in every stateroom replenished daily
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner & Captain's Gala Dinner
- Special Highlights including Lectures, Theme Dinners, Cooking Demonstration, onboard Music Performances and afternoon & evening Piano Music
- Use of Bicycles to explore on your own
- Services of Professional Cruise Manager
- All English Language on board in a non-smoking Environment (smoking permitted only on the Sun Deck)
- All local Taxes
Deposit & Payment
Initial deposit is $600, and most travelers will call our office and pay the deposit with a credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, AmEx, and Discover. Alternatively, you can send a check to our Missoula, Montana, office or register online at: https://www.adventure-life.com/forms/fourways.php
Final payment is due 100 days prior to departure.
Final payment by bank transfer, check or Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Amex.
Booking last minute? No problem! Please contact one of our trip planners, and we can get you on your way if booking less than 100 days prior to departure.
Click here to see a copy of our Terms and Conditions.
|Days Prior to departure||Fee|
|121 days or more||$400 per person|
|120-90 days||$600 per person|
|89-60 days||40% trip cost|
|59-30 days||55% trip cost|
|29-0 days||100% trip cost|
- Ship Highlights
- Passengers : 164
- River Cruise Ship
Inspired by classic ocean yachts, the Amacerto will provide the most distinctive river cruise experience. A magnificent glass elevator is one of the unique design elements found onboard, as well as exclusive “Twin Balconies”. The beautifully-decorated and spacious accommodations range in size up to 350 sq. ft. Relax in a heated Sun Deck swimming pool with a “swim-up” bar; enjoy Chaîne des Rôtisseurs culinary creations in five dining venues. The ship also features a Fitness Center, Massage, Hair and Beauty salon; complimentary Internet access and first-run Hollywood movies; plus a fleet of bicycles to enhance your river cruise experience.
Amacerto's Public Areas
- Multiple outdoor decks offering unimpeded panoramic views
- Sundecks with lounge chairs and retractable roof
- Main Lounge with bar, piano and dance floor
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the vessel
- 24-hour specialty coffee and tea station
- Heated pool with “swim up” bar and whirlpool
- Gift Shop and Fireside Library
- Fitness Room
- Massage and Hair Salon
- Bicycles onboard
- Glass Elevator
- Walking track
- Wine Bar
164 guests will be accommodated in 8 different types of staterooms, all with stunning views of the passing scenery. - All outside staterooms with the distinctive “Twin Balcony” concept for majority of staterooms
- “Twin Balconies” are 235 and 210 sq. ft. and French Balcony Staterooms are 170 sq. ft.
- In room safe, hair dryer, full-length mirror, ample closet space and direct dial telephone
- All staterooms have AmaWaterways’ exclusive Infotainment system, including complimentary Internet access, first run Hollywood movies and music library
- Flat-screen Televisions with local and satellite channels
- Hotel-style white on white, plush bedding and terry bathrobes
- Spacious bathrooms with multi-jet showerheads
- Complimentary bottled water replenished daily
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- Extra spacious Suites are 350 sq. ft. with exclusive “Twin Balcony” and mini-bar
- Enhanced sitting area in Suites featuring a sofa and two chairs
- Suites have expansive bathroom with a bathtub and separate shower
Dining and Cuisine
Amacerto offers an array of dining options for your culinary enjoyment. Enjoy Chaîne des Rôtisseurs culinary creations in the main dining room or in the Chef's Table restaurant with its own private chef, two "Wine Bar" venues, plus a casual al fresco bistro. On select days, guests can enjoy a lunch outdoors on the Sun Deck.
Complimentary Bicycles & Bike Tours
Take advantage of your ship's concept of putting bicycles aboard river cruise ships in Europe. The idea sprung from the fact that so many of Europe's rivers are lined with paths that are perfect for pedaling. The Amacerto carries more than two dozen bicycles and plenty of safety helmets that are free for you to use. The bicycles give you the freedom to venture out and explore the riverside bikeways. Or, meander through quaint cobblestone streets. The bikes are set up and ready for use as soon as the ship docks.
Piano Deck, Fixed Window. 148 sq.ft.
Piano Deck, Fixed Windows. 148 sq.ft.
Violin & Cello Deck, French Balcony. 170 sq.ft.
Cello Deck, French & Outside Balcony. 210 sq.ft.
Violin Deck. French & Outside Balcony. 210 sq.ft.
Cello Deck. French & Outside Balcony. 235 sq.ft.
Violin Deck. French & Outside Balcony. 235 sq.ft.
Violin Deck. French & Outside Balcony. 350 sq.ft.