Upon arrival in Alta Floresta in the afternoon, meet with your guide and be transferred to secluded Cristalino Jungle Lodge. The transfer takes about 3 hours, half by car, half by boat. At the Amazon lodge you are welcomed and introduced to the grounds and accommodations that you call 'home' for the next few days. Get settled into your bungalow and bask in the tranquil jungle setting before enjoying a typical Brazilian dinner and briefing from staff about the Amazon adventures for the next few days.
Cristalino is a nature lovers paradise, designated by the Brazilian Ministry of the Environment as a vital conservation area. It is home to a vast and exotic myriad of plant and animal life, and offers guests an incredible vantage point from which to observe and learn about Brazilian biodiversity. With 30 km of trails and abundant waterways winding through the 28,167 acre private reserve, nature-oriented activities at the lodge abound. During your stay, participate in a number of guided Amazon tours, hikes, and boat trips:
- Ficus Trail: highlighting giant Ficus trees
- Taboca Trail: seasonally flooded forest great for monkey observation
- Saleiro House Trail: leading to a rustic tree house in an area frequented by large jungle mammals such as the tapir, collared peccary, giant anteater, and southern tamandua
- Brazilian Nut Trail: passes through groves of imposing Brazilian nut trees
- Sierra Trail: featuring drier, deciduous forest, beautiful hillside vistas, and native orchids
- Teles Pires Island: great for observing native parakeets, parrots, macaws, and wood storks
- Caja Trail: leading to a popular site for primate observation due to the abundance of caja fruit coveted by brown capuchin and red-nose saki monkeys
- Scenery Trail: reputed as the most beautiful trail on the reserve, rich in rare flowers and stunning vistas
- Cristalino River: relaxing canoe trips provide opportunity to view shore-dwelling birds, ducks, and monkeys
- Cocoa Trail: lined by native cocoa trees popular with various rare bird species as well as anteaters, monkeys, and armadillos
- Tapiri Trail: highlighting the white-whiskered spider monkey, the symbol of the Cristalino State Park
- Canopy Tower: 50-meter-high platform offering a stunning, one-of-a-kind vantage point of the jungle below
Take advantage of Cristalino's unique setting, alternating between leisure time at the lodge and activities throughout the reserve. Each day enjoy typical Brazilian breakfasts, lunches, and dinners prepared at the lodge restaurant.
After breakfast, transfer back to Alta Floresta and have lunch before your flight.
$320 - $400 single supplement
Rate based on Standard Rooms. Extra nights and upgrade accommodations are available.