Board Ocean Nova Air Cruises for a 10-day journey to the 7th Continent - Antarctica. Depart from Ushuaia, Argentina and cross the infamous Drake Passage. Enjoy onboard lectures and presentations and search for wildlife from the ship's bridge or outside decks. Zodiac to shore each day for the opportunity to explore the Antarctic landscape with your expert polar guides!
Day 1 : Embark in Ushuaia, Argentina Days 2-3 : Drake Passage Days 4-7 : Antarctic Exploration Days 8-9 : At Sea Day 10 : Disembark in Ushuaia
Sail along ice-filled fjords and among large icebergs
Cross the infamous Drake Passage and search for marine life
Explore the Antarctic landscape with expert polar guides
Your journey begins in Ushuaia, Argentina. Board the Ocean Nova and sail along the Beagle Channel towards Puerto Williams, Chile, the southernmost town in the world. Explore the surroundings before setting sail to Antarctic land. (Note: this technical stop in Puerto Williams may take place upon return from Antarctica)
Sail towards Antarctica across the famous passage named in honor of Sir Francis Drake, the great 16th century British explorer. As you sail en route to the South Shetland Islands, attend an engaging program of lectures and presentations. In the company of expert guides, watch for wildlife from the glass-enclosed lounge or from the outside decks. You may spot magnificent sea birds, such as albatrosses and petrels, as well as different species of whales on their way south to Antarctica. After crossing the Antarctic Convergence, the environment changes noticeably. Keep your camera ready, as this is the time to watch for the first icebergs and the first sight of Antarctic land.
Cruise between the South Shetland Islands and the western coast of the Antarctic Peninsula, sailing along ice-filled fjords and among spectacular icebergs, while enjoying the company of seabirds, penguins, seals, and whales. Each day, disembark by Zodiac boat and explore the landscape together with expert polar guides. From the ship enjoy spectacular vistas from the glass-enclosed lounge while sharing your daily adventures with fellow guests. No journey is the same as flexibility is the key to success in Antarctica. The Expedition Team sets the voyage route to take advantage of the ever-changing opportunities provided by Nature, crafting a unique and extraordinary experience each time. While the exact itinerary changes with each expedition, you can explore several spots that offer the best possible overview of the varied Antarctic environment. Your Antarctic cruise may include visits to sites such as Paulet Island, Hope Bay, Port Lockroy, Petermann Island, Paradise Bay, Deception Island, the Lemaire Channel, or many other magnificent places. Your polar adventure is very active, with several daily landings and cruises in Zodiac boats, lectures, and a very enjoyable time on board.
Apologies for the inconvenience. Prices for not yet published.
Below per person rate based on previous season.
Contact us to confirm upcoming season pricing.
Select a Date
2 lower berths and one upper berth with private facilities and window
Select a Date
2 lower berths with private facilities and window
Select a Date
1 lower berth with private facilities and window
- Rates are quoted in U.S. dollars and represent costs per person, double or triple occupancy.
- Solo travelers can request the Twin Share Program where you will be matched with a cabin mate of the same gender. Even if a cabin mate cannot be found for you, no single supplement will be charged.
- Solo travelers not wishing to opt for the Share Program can book a dedicated single cabin at published rate, or book a twin cabin for single use with a 85% supplement.
- Emergency medical evacuation coverage for a minimum of US$100,000 per person required. Contact us for details on arranging travel insurance.
IMPORTANT VISA INFORMATION:
• This cruise makes technical stop in Puerto Williams, Chile if you are not a U.S./Canadian/Australian passport holder you may need a visa for Chile and a multiple entry visa for Argentina. Please check your entry requirements.
INCLUDED IN YOUR CRUISE FARE:
• Comprehensive pre-expedition information material
• Expedition along the Antarctic Peninsula with daily shore excursions (based on local conditions)
• Loan of waterproof boots for every passenger for wet landings
• Briefings and recaps pre- and post-excursions given by expedition staff
• All guided shore excursions and Zodiac cruises
• Lectures and presentations given by Antarctic specialists
• Daily buffet breakfast and lunch offering a wide choice of dishes
• Daily served dinner offering a choice of three main courses
• A selection of wines, beers, and soft drinks served with lunch and dinner
• Coffee, tea, chocolate, cappuccino, water and snacks throughout the expedition
• Post-expedition information file including a gallery of images from the trip
NOT INCLUDED IN CRUISE FARE:
• Juice, soft drinks, wine, beer, spirits, and mixed drinks served at the bar
• Accommodation, meals, excursions, and transfers in Ushuaia
• Personal travel medical insurance (required)
• Any personal expenses, such as for communication, laundry, souvenirs, etc.
• Gratuities for the shipboard personnel (suggested USD 10 per person per day).
• Visas or Passport expenses and/or any other arrival and/or departure tax, if applicable
Initial deposit is $2700 for Air Cruises and $1700 for 11-day Small Ship Expedition and Antarctic Express, and most travelers will call our office and pay the deposit with a credit card. Alternatively, you can register online here.
Final payment is due 130 days prior to departure by bank transfer, check or credit card. All final payments by credit card may be subject to a surcharge and maximum of $20,000 charge.
Kate was great to work with in the planning stage. She was prompt, helpful, and efficient. Our tour guide, Edwin, was knowledgeable and passionate. We were very happy to have traveled with Adventure Life, it made the trip easy and a true pleasure. We could concentrate on enjoying the experience rather than the details of travel.