For those short on time this Antarctic Express Air Cruise optimizes your time so you can see and experience it all! Embark the Ocean Nova in Ushuaia and set sail for Cape Horn. Depending on the weather, be one of the few to step foot on this rarely-visited island! Begin crossing the Drake Passage en route for King George Island. While at sea, attend lectures and presentations about the polar region. Keep your eyes open for wildlife such as seabirds, whales, dolphins, and seals. Instead of sailing, enjoy flying across the Drake Passage to Punta Arenas, Chile where you can continue on to your next destiantion.
Day 1 : Arrive in Ushuaia, Argentina | Embark Day 2 : Cape Horn Day 3 : Drake Passage Day 4 : South Shetland Islands Day 5 : Disembark in King George Island | Fly to Punta Arenas, Chile Day 6 : Return Home
Visit the legendary Cape Horn; weather permitting step foot on the island
Attend presentations and lectures by your expert polar guides
Sail through ice-filled bays and between giant icebergs
Explore Chile's Frei Stations and Russia's Bellingshausen Station
Begin in Ushuaia, Argentina. Board the Ocean Nova and sail along the Beagle Channel towards Puerto Williams, Chile, the southernmost town in the world. Explore the surroundings before setting sail to Cape Horn. Please note: Due to port operations, boarding in Ushuaia is exclusively between 3 PM and 4 PM. At 4 PM boarding closes. Keep your passport at hand and allow enough time to clear port security and to reach the vessel.
After crossing Nassau Bay, wake up in front of legendary Cape Horn! Weather permitting, board a Zodiac and be one of the few privileged adventurers to step foot on this famous and rarely-visited island. Back on board, set sail towards Antarctica and cross the famous waters named in honor of Sir Francis Drake, the great 16th-century British explorer.
As you sail through Drake Passage en route to King George Island in the South Shetland Islands, attend an engaging program of lectures and presentations. In the company of expert guides, watch for wildlife from the glass-enclosed lounge or from the outside decks. You may spot magnificent sea birds, such as albatrosses and petrels, as well as different species of whales on their way south to Antarctica.
After crossing the Antarctic Convergence, the environment changes noticeably. Keep your camera ready, as this is the time to watch for the first icebergs and catch your first sight of Antarctic land. Reaching the South Shetland Islands, sail in ice-filled bays while enjoying the company of sea birds, penguins, seals and whales. Board a Zodiac for your first memorable shore visit to a penguin colony. Take advantage of the endless Antarctic daylight to continue exploring well into the evening.
Day 5 Disembark in King George Island | Fly to Punta Arenas, Chile
Upon reaching King George Island, disembark at Fildes Bay and explore the area, such as the Chilean Base Frei and the Russian Base Bellingshausen. Bid farewell to Antarctica before boarding your flight back to Punta Arenas, Chile. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel for the night. This evening's meals are at your leisure and are not included in the program.
Day 6 Return Home
After breakfast, transfer to the Punta Arenas airport for your homeward flight.
Apologies for the inconvenience. Prices for not yet published.
Below per person rate based on previous season.
Contact us to confirm upcoming season pricing.
Select a Date
2 lower berths and one upper berth with private facilities and window
Select a Date
2 lower berths with private facilities and window
Select a Date
1 lower berth with private facilities and window
- Rates are quoted in U.S. dollars and represent costs per person, double or triple occupancy.
- Solo travelers can request the Twin Share Program where you will be matched with a cabin mate of the same gender. Even if a cabin mate cannot be found for you, no single supplement will be charged.
- Solo travelers not wishing to opt for the Share Program can book a dedicated single cabin at published rate, or book a twin cabin for single use with a 85% supplement.
- Emergency medical evacuation coverage for a minimum of US$100,000 per person required. Contact us for details on arranging travel insurance.
Included in the rate:
· Flights according to the itinerary
· Ship cruise
· Accommodation with full board & drinks served with meals
· Guided shore excursions
· Lectures and onboard entertainment
· Loan of boots for landing in Antarctica
· Transfer from/to airport/hotel according to the itinerary
· Comprehensive pre- and post-departure information
Not included in the rate:
· Accommodation, meals, excursions and transfers other than those included in the program
· Personal insurance
· Extra expenses (communication, laundry, souvenirs, etc.)
· Tips (suggested USD 12 per person per day)
· Visas or Passport expenses and/or any other arrival and/or departure tax, if applicable
Initial deposit is $2700 for Air Cruises and $1700 for 11-day Small Ship Expedition and Antarctic Express, and most travelers will call our office and pay the deposit with a credit card. Alternatively, you can register online here.
Final payment is due 130 days prior to departure by bank transfer, check or credit card. All final payments by credit card may be subject to a surcharge and maximum of $20,000 charge.
This was my first experience with Adventure Life - and I couldn't have been more pleased with the trip. The guides and local staff in both Buenos Aires and Uruguay were terrific - extremely helpful and accommodating. I really enjoyed meeting the friendly staff in Buenos Aires in person (I left my bags with them for the afternoon).