Bypass the Drake Passage by flying directly to the South Shetland Islands. Exit the airplane to a world unlike any other on earth; ice-filled fjords, pengiun rookeries, and great expanses of ice await. Sail as far south as possible in an attempt to reach the Polar Circle. Flexibility is key to a successful voyage as conditions can change quickly. This 10-day polar adventure aboard the Ocean Nova is an unforgettable experience you don't want to miss!
Day 1 : Arrive in Punta Arenas, Chile Day 2 : Fly to King George Island | Embark Days 3-8 : South Shetland Islands & Antarctic Peninsula Day 9 : Disembark at King George Island | Fly to Punta Arenas, Chile Day 10 : Return Home
Sail far south in an attempt to cross the Polar Circle
Cruise along ice-filled fjords and icebergs
Search for wildlife such as penguins, whales, seals, and seabirds
View engaging presentations by expert polar guides
Welcome to Punta Arenas, Chile. Transfer to your hotel and attend a briefing that provides important information about your voyage and reviews the essential guidelines for Antarctic visitors. A welcome dinner introduces you to the local gastronomy as you meet fellow adventurers from around the world. Note: Passengers should plan to be in Punta Arenas at 2 PM, at the latest. Pick-up at the Punta Arenas airport and transfer to the hotel cannot be guaranteed for travelers arriving later than 2 PM.
A smooth two-hour flight takes you efficiently from Punta Arenas to King George Island, in the South Shetland Islands. Your Antarctic adventure begins as you exit the airplane and the clear Antarctic air fills your lungs for the first time. Explore the area surrounding Chile’s Frei Station and Russia’s Bellingshausen station before boarding a Zodiac to embark your expedition vessel.
Day 3-8 South Shetland Islands & Antarctic Peninsula
Sail along ice-filled fjords and among spectacular icebergs while enjoying the company of seabirds, penguins, seals, and whales. Visit the South Shetland Islands and the western coast of the Antarctic Peninsula, disembarking by Zodiac each day. In small groups, hike to extraordinary sites and take part in exploratory Zodiac excursions to otherwise inaccessible areas. Expert polar guides share their passion for Antarctica through an engaging program of illustrated presentations, and lead you ashore to interpret the wildlife, the history, and the many wonders of the Antarctic environment. From the glass-enclosed lounge, enjoy spectacular views while sharing your daily adventures with fellow guests over a drink.
The goal of the expedition is to sail far south in the attempt of reaching the Polar Circle. The Expedition Team sets the specific voyage route based on local conditions, and takes advantage of the ever-changing opportunities provided by Nature. Flexibility is the key to a successful voyage. Your expedition may include visits to sites such as Port Lockroy, Petermann Island, Paradise Bay, the Lemaire Channel, Prospect Point, or other magnificent places. Each voyage is unique and each is crafted to provide the best possible overview of the varied Antarctic environment.
Day 9 Disembark at King George Island | Fly to Punta Arenas, Chile
Back at King George Island, bid farewell to Antarctica as you board the flight to Punta Arenas. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel for the night. This evening's meals are at your leisure and are not included in the program.
Day 10 Return Home
After breakfast, transfer to the Punta Arenas airport for your onward flight.
Apologies for the inconvenience. Prices for not yet published.
Below per person rate based on previous season.
Contact us to confirm upcoming season pricing.
Select a Date
2 lower berths and one upper berth with private facilities and window
Select a Date
2 lower berths with private facilities and window
Select a Date
1 lower berth with private facilities and window
- Rates are quoted in U.S. dollars and represent costs per person, double or triple occupancy.
- Solo travelers can request the Twin Share Program where you will be matched with a cabin mate of the same gender. Even if a cabin mate cannot be found for you, no single supplement will be charged.
- Solo travelers not wishing to opt for the Share Program can book a dedicated single cabin at published rate, or book a twin cabin for single use with a 85% supplement.
- Emergency medical evacuation coverage for a minimum of US$100,000 per person required. Contact us for details on arranging travel insurance.
Included in the rate:
· Transfers airport/hotel on Day 1 for travelers who arrive before 3 PM
· One overnight with breakfast in Punta Arenas at the Hotel Cabo de Hornos or similar, with a welcome dinner and drinks on Day 1
· Flight from Punta Arenas to Frei Station on King George Island
· Ship cruise as indicated in the program
· Accommodation with full board & drinks served with meals
· Guided shore excursions
· Lectures and entertainment on board
· Loan of waterproof boots for landing in Antarctica
· Transfers airport/hotel on the Day of the Scheduled Return Flight from Antarctica, and transfers hotel/airport on last Day of the Air-Cruise Program
· Comprehensive pre- and post-voyage information material
Not included in the rate:
· Accommodation, meals, excursions and transfers other than those included in program
· Beverages purchased at the ship's bar
· Personal insurance
· Extra expenses (communication, laundry, souvenirs, etc.)
· Tips (suggested USD 12 per person per day)
· Visas or Passport expenses and/or any other arrival and/or departure tax, if applicable
Initial deposit is $2700 for Air Cruises and $1700 for 11-day Small Ship Expedition and Antarctic Express, and most travelers will call our office and pay the deposit with a credit card. Alternatively, you can register online here.
Final payment is due 130 days prior to departure by bank transfer, check or credit card. All final payments by credit card may be subject to a surcharge and maximum of $20,000 charge.
Kate was great to work with in the planning stage. She was prompt, helpful, and efficient. Our tour guide, Edwin, was knowledgeable and passionate. We were very happy to have traveled with Adventure Life, it made the trip easy and a true pleasure. We could concentrate on enjoying the experience rather than the details of travel.